What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordyP

Hangin' Free in Paris

Hangin' Free in Paris

Leave it to that crazy twit to freak over his lost underwear. The real miracle here is that he's got a wife with enough brains and forethought to plan ahead and realize what a good thing it was he lost his tighty-whiteys! Oh, the things I would do with 3 G's if it suddenly dropped in my lap! Right now I'm picturing a big secluded grow room with about 10 big-watt hps grow lights, state of the art CO2 generator and a lifetime supply of the most bodacious kick-ass genetic seeds money can buy! Who needs clothes when you got that? To paraphrase the Fabulous Freak Brothers from Zap Comics, "Times with dope and no clothes sure beat times with clothes and no dope".

Thanks for the compliment, SCH, but I'm sure as Hell no marketing man. Actually, I've been blinded by science and working as a Process Engineer in the battery business in the auto industry. It's a contract job (no benefits), but I'm gettin' real close to landing a full-time salaried gig in a metallurgy lab of another auto parts manufacturer. Do I need a life, or what? Happy to have reefer to smoke and take my mind off all that industry shit. Always lookin' forward to getting home every day to my dog Max, the clown prince of boxers. He loves it when I got dope to smoke and we howl at the moon together. With all the other similarities we seem to share, I'm bettin' you're a good ol' dog-man, too. They don't whine like kids, or bitch like wives.

Visions of dope n' dogs dancin' in my head

GordyP

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good Guess Gordy!

Good Guess Gordy!

SoCal is a serious dog dude. But aren't we all? Know many folks serious into this like us who doesn't? Dogs and Dope!

Sounds like a great comic strip!

Gordy don't forget the first rule of growing when you finally do....

DON'T FUCKING TELL ANYONE YOU KNOW, WHAT YOU ARE DOING!

NO one! NO body! No one that can open their mouth to someone else they "trust". Don't break that rule under any circumstance and you will be OK.

T

(if I could have spent the money on grow accessories, I would have too....)

GordyP

Mum's the Word!!!

Mum's the Word!!!

Dontcha worry, PTD; Mama didn't raise no fool.

Only the good folks here in this world can read about what's goin' on with me and this new hobby of mine. I've developed a good healthy wariness of people, places, and things over the years when it comes to reefer. From the beginning, no words have been spoken; only typed here in these forums. Man, you know how paranoid I've always been bout stuff like this! You were there 32 years ago when I started smokin' those $15 ounces of Mexican; sittin' inside a fuckin' CARDBOARD BOX with you in a BASEMENT (then stumbling across the street to Pay Less for thousands of glazed doughnuts....yummm). I AM thinkin' ahead to what the place might smell like, if I'm able to get some skunk seed all the way to flowering, but I'll cross that bridge when/if I come to it. Got lots of time to figure that one out.

.....just spent the last five minutes laughing my ass off when a dusty old door of my memory opened up: remember the lesson we learned about smell when we tried to dry out a pillowcase full of ditch-weed in your brother's clothes dryer? ...and we didn't think anyone would notice? (LLLOOOLLL!!!) Damn, I'm not gonna be able to sleep tonight cause I'm gonna keep remembering that one and crackin' up! Someone ought to start a comedy thread of old reefer memories on this site; bet there's a million of em' out there.

Happy to see your reply about how to spend your $3000 windfall from the luggage experience in Europe. Good to know I can still pull your chain once in awhile, you crazy fuck!

Always Being Careful,

GordyP

G

You ole' Dogs crack me up. P-Doobie I can just imagine your ass taking first in the handle bars vault! :p And Gordo throwing herb in the dryer! Classic. Keep it up Ya'll and let me know when all gets to you Gordo.

Blatant

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great Godo story

Great Godo story

The first time GordyP did acid, he looked at me half-way through the trip and said in all seriousness,

"How much of this stuff would you have to take to be this way all of the time?"

God it's good to have GREAT friends!

T

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What's love got to do with it?

What's love got to do with it?

This is the movie of the life story of Tina Turner.

Does anyone know what it's about?

You can be poor and be happy. You can be rich and be happy. You can have fame and riches beyond your wildest dreams, and still be in hell. It is all about you! It is about never, ever, ever, giving up. No fucking matter what! It is about winning against all odds. It is about becoming happy.

I hope ANYONE that has never had a chance to see this flick will go out and rent it! Please! NattyNattyGurrl!

T

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Feel like I'm in the twilight zone....

Feel like I'm in the twilight zone....

Off again for the 4th eleven plus hour airplane ride in three weeks. Lots of heavy feelings right now because of so many peoples silence. I hope all is well with everyone and I trust I will survive the trip to say hello again...

enjoy what there is to enjoy...suffer what there is to suffer

I was able to attend a meeting with Vice President Takimoto yesterday! It was wonderful. I wish only the very best for all of you!

Take care everyone!

Thomas

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Lesson of Water

The Lesson of Water

What one values in the game is the play

What one values in the form is the moment of forming

What one values in the house is the moment of dwelling

What one values in the heart is the beating

What one values in the action is the timing

Indeed
Because you flow like water
You can neither win nor lose

taken from the Tao Te Ching

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks to my bud, babba!

Thanks to my bud, babba!

You always come through. Thank you!

Southern Girl lives! God I have been scared to death for her! I am so happy to have gotten back to get a cell phone message she left for me Friday. I'm doing Sunday night again for the second time. This is just a quickie to stick my head in and send everyone my best wishes.

Please pray for Billy Goat! If you are like me and didn't know, he has run into some problems! Please send your prayers and warm thoughts his way!

To all of us that are struggling! We are all people that care for one another. You are never alone. If you suffer in secrecy, you are only hurting yourself. We have to do the work, but there are lots of people around that want us to win in life, be happy and be safe in the facing of these challenges.

Hang in there! If we use the strength we receive when we unite with others, the sun will rise, the darkness will fade away, and a new day will take us a step closer to winter becomming spring. Appreciate the good things and the bad things will diminish. Work at the good things, making them bigger and better, and the bad things will change or go away. The power of your own life is the difference.

YOU CAN DO IT!

Thomas

G

I Stay in the Twilight Zone!

I Stay in the Twilight Zone!

Hello Everyone!
Well this has been the longest 3 weeks of my life. I still haven't had a chance to absorb it all and the changes! Don't ever sit in front of your Gohonzon and say, "So where is it that I need to be to obtain my personal happiness and mission for Kosen Rufu?" Your ass will be blown out so fast you won't know how you got there! ha Seriously!
In 3 weeks time I have lost one home to a hurricane, claimed back another, traveled 2100 miles, changed jobs, and everything else in my life and moved my entire life from one state to another. The benefits and protection thru it all has been phenomenal. Too many to write at this time. It has all happened so fast that I still can't believe that I'm where I am. But I wasn't in Paris shopping for $3000 worth of underwear! PTB, I have not a clue what you were doing there or what is going on with you. When all of this completes then I will clue you in on the benefits. So much is still in progress. But the puter is up and I have missed reading about you all. Take care! Love, SG

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The most wonderful day of my trip

The most wonderful day of my trip

I had a special day on Saturday before I left. My boys are week 31 preemies. They have all grown out of that medical qualification and are exceptionally healthy and, well, large. They are all already dragging themselves into standing positions for a while now, but that day my middle boy took his first walking steps in front of his dad; before dad had to leave.

A while later while everyone was talking, we heard a small voice coming from the alter and turned to see that my two year old had pulled herself up onto the chair in front of the butsudan, beads in hand and with hands held together in front of her, and was chanting daimoku to the Gohonzon. It blew us all away.

Parenthood is the greatest treasure of all, and I am so fortunate to not only not have missed it, but that it has occurred at a time in my life when I can most appreciate what is.

T

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
On Attaining Buddhahood

On Attaining Buddhahood

Nichiren Daishonin 1255

If you wish to free yourself from the sufferings of birth and death you have endured through eternity and attain supreme enlightenment in this lifetime, you must awaken to the mystic truth which has always been within your life. This truth is Myoho-renge-kyo. Chanting Myoho-renge-kyo will therefore enable you to grasp the mystic truth within you. Myoho-renge-kyo is the king of sutras, flawless in both letter and principal. Its words are the reality of life, and the reality of life is the Mystic Law (myoho). It is called the Mystic Law because it explains the mutually inclusive relationship of life and all phenomina. That is why this sutra is the wisdom of all Buddhas.

Life at each moment encompasses both body and spirit and both self and environment of all sentient beings in every condition of life, as well as insentient beings - plants, sky, and earth, on down to the most minute particles of dust. Life at each moment permeates the universe and is revealed in all phenomena. One awakened to this truth himself embodies this relationship. However, even though you chant and believe in Myoho-renge-kyo, if you think the Law is outside yourself, you are embracing not the Mystic Law but some inferior teaching. 'Inferior teaching' means those other than this sutra, which are all provisional and transient. No provisional teaching leads directly to enlightenment, and without the direct path to enlightenment you cannot attain Buddhahood, even if you practice lifetime after lifetime for countless aeons. Attaining Buddhahood in this lifetime is then impossible. Therefore, when you chant the Mystic Law and recite the Lotus Sutra, you must summon up deep conviction that Myoho-renge-kyo is your life itself.

You must never seek any of Shakyamuni's teachings or the Buddhas and bodhisattvas of the universe outside yourself. Your mastery of the Buddhist teachings will not relieve you of mortal sufferings in the least unless you perceive the nature of your own life. If you seek enlightenment outside yourself, any discipline or good deed will be meaningless. For example, a poor man cannot earn a penny just by counting his neighbour's wealth, even if he does so night and day. That is why Miao-lo states, 'Unless one perceives the nature of his life, he cannot eradicate his evil karma.' He means here that unless one perceives the nature of life, his practice will become an endless, painful austerity. Miao-lo therefore condems such students of Buddhism as non-Buddhist. He refers to the passage in the Makka Shikan, 'Although they study Buddhism, their views revert to those of non-Buddhists.'

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
On Attaining Buddhahood (continued)

On Attaining Buddhahood (continued)

Whether you chant the Buddha's name, recite the sutra or merely offer flowers and incense, all your vituous acts will implant benefits and good fortune in your life. With this conviction you should put your faith into practice. For example, the Jomyo Sutra says the Buddha's enlightenment is to be found in human life, thus showing that common mortals can attain Buddhahood and that the sufferings of birth and death can be transformed into nirvana. It further states that if the minds of the people are impure, their land is impure, but if their minds are pure, so is their land. There are not two lands, pure or impure in themselves. The difference lies soley in the good or evil of our minds.

It is the same with a Buddha and a common mortal. While deluded, one is called a common mortal, but once enlightened, he is called a Buddha. Even a tarnished mirror will shine like a jewel if it is polished. A mind which presently is clouded by illusions originating from the innate darkness of life is like a tarnished mirror, but once it is polished it will become clear, reflecting the enlightenment of immutable truth. Arouse deep faith and polish your mirror night and day. How should you polish it? Only by chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo.

What does 'myo' signify? It is simply the mysterious nature of our lives from moment to moment, which the mind cannot comprehend nor words express. When you look into your own mind at any moment, you perceive neither colour nor form to verify that it exists. Yet you still cannot say it does not exist, for many differing thoughts continually occur to you. Life is indeed an elusive reality that transcends both the words and concepts of existence and non-existence. It is neither existence or non-existence, yet exhibits the qualites of both. It is the mystic entity of the middle way that is the reality of all things. 'Myo' is the name given to the mystic nature of life, and 'ho' to its manifestations.

'Renge' the lotus flower, symbolises the wonder of this Law. Once your realize that your own life is the Mystic Law, you will realize that so are the lives of all others. That realization is the mystic 'kyo', or sutra. It is the king of sutras, the direct path to enlightenment, for it explains that the entity of our minds, from which spring both good and evil, is in fact the entity of the Mystic Law. If you have deep faith in this truth and chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, you are certain to attain Buddhahood in this lifetime. That is why the sutra states, 'After my death, you must embrace this sutra. Those who do so shall travel the straight road to Buddhahood.' Never doubt in the slightest, but keep faith and attain enlightenment in this lifetime. Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, Nam-myoho-renge-kyo.

Respectfully,

Nichiren

Last edited:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Any comment?

Any comment?

Does this make sense to you? How do you feel about it, and what are your own thoughts or convictions? Dialogue anyone?

Does anyone have any questions or comments?

Thomas

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Eternity of Life

The Eternity of Life

(Written without permission from the Basics of Buddhism by Pat Allwright)

"If you wish to free yourself from the sufferings of birth and death you have endured through eternity and attain supreme enlightenment in this lifetime, you must awaken to the mystic truth which has always been within your life. This truth is Myoho-renge-kyo."

The Buddhist view of the eternity if life is expressed as follows:

If when wide awake we examine our true nature, we find no beginning that requires our being born and no end that requires our dying.

It is certainly true that if we look back, we cannot remember a beginning to our lives. Our subjective experience of life is that it has always existed and always will exist. Apart from our feelings, of course, there is no proof whatsoever as to what will happen when we die. Belief in the eternity of life lies in the realm of faith.

Nevertheless, there are things we observe about the nature of life which lend support to the idea that life continues. For example, the rhythm of nature is cyclic. Although most plants appear lifeless in the winter, they grow again in the spring. In fact, everything we observe in nature goes through cycles. It is we human beings who have invented the notion of a straight line with a beginning and an end. We also know from science that matter cannot be destroyed, but rather changes into another form of energy. When, for instance, we burn something it is not destroyed, but changes into gasses and residual matter.

Both our own experience and the observation of natural cycles make it logical to suppose that life continues in some way, rather than coming to and abrupt stop. In accordance with this, Buddhism explains the continuous cycle of life and death throughout eternity.

'Myoho', of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, means life and death. 'Myoho' is usually translated as Mystic Law. This law encompasses the two main aspects of life and death. It is called mystic because it is difficult to comprehend. "Myoho' also means seen and unseen, or latent and manifest.

We experience these phases of life and death all the time. For example, one minute we are happy and the next, angry. Where did the happiness go? We cannot say it did not exist, because it will appear again when the circumstances are right. Likewise, we cannot say it exists, because it is not here at this moment, yet we know it has not gone forever. This is the nature of everything - it comes and goes, at one moment manifest and at the next, latent. This state of neither existence nor non-existence is called 'ku'.

(to be continued)

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Eternity of Life

The Eternity of Life

The rain cycle is a good illustration of the phases of life and death. Rain falls and is absorbed into the earth. It reappears in streams and rivers, eventually flowing to the ocean. When the water evaporates, it loses its visible form temporarily, until it condenses into clouds and becomes rain again. Even though we cannot see the water vapour, we know it is still there, in its invisible form of H2O. The visible water is like life, and the unseen water vapour like death. The water vapour has the potential (ku) to become rain when the circumstances are right. This continues in a never-ending cycle, which is why it makes such a good analogy for the cycle of life and death.

The life-death cycle is often compared to alternate periods of being awake and asleep. Sleep refreshes us, physically and mentally. Likewise, death is necessary to restore our energy in preparation for a new life. How, then, does Buddhism explain death and rebirth? Our lives have three aspects: Body, mind and entity. At the time of death, all three aspects merge with the universe, passing from a sentient to an insentient state. An individual life becomes indistinguishable from universal life. Nichiren Daishonin explains:

"The Buddha, perfectly enlightened in the Three Bodies [body, mind and entity], takes the entire universe as his true body, takes the entire universe as his spiritual nature, takes the entire universe as his physical existence."

At the time of death, all three aspects of our lives become one with the eternal flow of the universe. The individual workings of the physical and mental aspects of life are no longer distinguishable from the whole. This is quite different from the idea of transmigration of a "soul" which is found in other religions. Buddhism denies the existence of soul. The individual entity does not go to some particular place like heaven, nor does it 'wander about' in an unseen form. It is united with the universe.

This can be compared to an iceberg melting into the ocean. While it exists, an iceberg has a massive unseen portion under the surface of the water. Likewise, individuals have huge potential, most of which is not apparent. When we die all of this, seen and unseen, melts back into universal life. The entity of an individual life continues in the state of 'ku', which transcends existence and non-existence. When the circumstances are appropriate, the individual manifestation of the entity will be born. This continues in a never-ending process, just like the rain cycle.

How rebirth happens is beyond everyday comprehension. Similarly, we do not know what happens while we are asleep. Where does our conscious mind go? While we are asleep it seems to vanish, yet when we wake up it returns. This is explained by the concept of 'ku'. According to Buddhism, this state is the state we enter when we die.

(to be continued)

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Eternity of Life

The Eternity of Life

There are many things about life which are sources of wonder. For instance, a single cell has the inbuilt capacity to produce a fully grown and integrated human being. This is almost beyond imagination, yet happens as a common, everyday occurrence. Similarly, life and death defy ordinary descriptions of space and time.

"Life cannot be consumed by the fire at the end of the kalpa, nor can it be washed away by floods. It can neither be cut by swords nor pierced by arrow. Although it can fit inside a mustard seed, the seed does not expand, nor does life contract. Although it fills the vastness of space, space is not too wide, nor life too small."

This poetic description of the nature of life opens our minds to a concept which is beyond time and space. We tend to think that our lives are confined within our skins. Yet when we are at work, our influence is still present at home. We are part of our friends' lives even if they are thousands of miles away. Our lives are not confined just to the space occupied by our physical bodies. Furthermore, whether we think about it or not, our lives are integrated with the universe as a whole. We are, at the same time, individual and universal. Viewed like this, it becomes conceivable that when we are in the phase of death, we are merged with the universe and yet retain the seeds of our individuality.

An individual life in the state of 'ku' is not necessarily at peace, just as sleep is not always restful. While alive, we have the power to change our life-condition from moment to moment in response to external influences. If we feel sad, a friend coming round can cheer us up. However, while in 'ku', one has no power to change one's life condition.

At the approach of death, external influences like money and power fade into insignificance. A person whose life was dominated by greed may become tortured by frustration. Someone who spent his life seeking power may become terrified. A person who has lived a wise and fulfilled life may feel contented and look forward to his next life, satisfied with his achievements in this one.

Our dominant state of life remains fixed in death and we are reborn into the same life-state. We are born into circumstances which are exactly right for us. So, from the Buddhist point of view, conception involves not only sexual union of the parents, but also the entity of life of the potential child.

It may be misleading to give specific examples, as life is complex. However, for the sake of clarification, suppose someone was extremely selfish and misused other people's love for those selfish ends. This would be making the cause to be unloved in the future. Hence, this person may be reborn to parents who are undemonstrative and never cuddle their child. Later in life, the person might think it was the parents' fault that he or she is unable to develope a loving relationship. However, in the light of Buddhism, it was the child who determined this outcome as an effect of causes made in a past life. To put it another way, these cirumstances offer the opportunity to change this selfish tendency. This is not to make a moral judgement, but to acknowledge that selfishness is small-minded and makes us unhappy. A large part of happiness is to be able to give freely to others. Of course, tensions in child/parent relationships are also determined by the life-condition of the parents. So, the right circumstances for birth depend on parents and child as well as environment.

(to be continued to conclusion)

Last edited:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
CLEAR WATER

CLEAR WATER

The seed of mystery
Lies in muddy water

How can we fathom this muddiness?
Water becomes clear through stillness

How can we become still ?
By moving with the stream

GordyP

Hanging in the Balance

Hanging in the Balance

Alright . . . for the sake of providing some dialog let me offer up this actual life narrative from many years ago, which both blew me away from a chanting experience, yet later gave me pause and second thoughts about what had happened to me from a larger perspective. Til now, I've only shared this with my ex and with my sister, who played a big part in the mystery of it all. Let me begin by saying I don't call myself a Buddhist of any particular variety, though I can easily see what I define as goodness, happiness, and a tranquility of understanding radiating from many who do. I don't really call myself anything but a man living in this small moment, created from infinite sources of energy from a timeless past; a man who will soon cease to exist in this form and will pass the sum of my collective energy to be used in an infinite number of combinations throughout a timeless future. I will become ME again as I will become YOU again, countless times, as this energy now within me continues on this never-ending journey. To where? I haven't got a fucking clue, but what a trip it's been so far!

Over the years, I HAVE chanted intermittently for THINGS, and for various HAPPENINGS to occur, though. Here is one of those times.

It was in my early married years, and circumstances had my wife and I in a fairly tight money situation. But for as tight as things were for us, my sister's situation was ten times tighter. She had married young, had two babies in the first two years with a third on the way, when the husband just split one day and left her. To barely get by, she had to hold down two crummy-paying jobs in the small town she lived in.

One day she calls my wife, in tears because she had lost the grocery money for the coming month. She had stashed $100 in her kitchen, which her baby-sitter had helped herself to before disappearing into the night. My wife relayed this story to me when I got home from work. It ate away at me until I got to a point where I began chanting, within my mind, for my sister's luck to change. Later that evening while driving alone to the grocery, I began chanting out loud. It soon became rhythmic; a song which I repeated over and over while a weird calm started coming over me. Couldn't explain any of it, but it felt good.

So I picked up a few things at the grocery and headed for the shortest check-out line I could find. Then, while waiting my turn and doin' the usual gaping around at the tabloids and candy bar rack, I happen to look down at the floor. I shit you not, there on the floor right next to my foot was a fucking C-NOTE! (If I'm lyin', I'm dyin'!!). Needless to say, I looked around quickly, bent down even quicker, and stashed a one hundred dollar bill into my pocket! At that moment I wasn't making any connections to any chanting, my sister, or anything except how much weed I could buy with a hundred bucks (which was a LOT in the mid-seventies).

On the way home it hit me like a ton of bricks, though. "Think about this, you stupid shit. Chris just lost a hundred bucks, you were just chanting for her luck to change, and out of nowhere you STEP on a fucking hundred dollar bill!" I was immediately scared shitless by what had just happened to me; the timing of everything, the randomness of it all! It didn't take but a couple seconds more before it became obvious where THAT money was going. When I got home and told my wife about it over and over again, she was nodding but I could tell she was thinking I had taken the money out of some reefer money stash (which I didn't have). Couldn't really blame her; I had found EXACTLY the same amount of money my sister had lost the day before!

I gave the bill to my wife, who gave it to my sister the next day, along with my story about how it had happened. My sister came over later that night to cry and give me a big hug, but never said a word about the mysterious way I had found the money. To this day, I'll repeat the truth about it to them and they just quietly nod back at me with a smile. Shit, I give up; let em' go on thinking I was just being a generous hero. But friends, what I just related to you is exactly as it really came down. How's that for some good ol' mystic law of cause and effect?!

I can't say for sure why I didn't become a devote chanting follower after that event. It shook me up; I seemed to be more afraid of what had happened to me than anything else. It kinda seemed like I was cheating, or disturbing, the natural order of things if you know what I mean. Later came my conundrum about this event. I began to wonder just where that C-note had come from, who's pocket had it fallen out of? Did it come from a rich guy who always carried a wad of them? Did it come from some poor-ass sumbitch with a hole in his pocket, who had just cashed his weekly paycheck? Had my good fortune became someone else's nightmare? I was dazed and confused, to say the least! Still am. Sure appeared like what had happened was for the greater good, at least MY definition of it, but I'll never really be sure; not in this lifetime at least.

So ends my testimonial and reply to these earlier posts. Regardless how I turn out, though, I really believe my experience from that one instance of chanting to the Buddhist gods will have the most devote of you nodding knowingly. To me, it comes down to the balance of dark and light. I don't want to upset the balance; I just want to keep on liking ME and look (sometimes work) to enjoy the experiences of this life as they come and go. If there's a name that accompanies this type attitude, then so be it. Right now I'm going to check if I've got any more babies poppin' their little heads out of the warm soil I planted them in a few days ago!

Keep Em Green and Growin'

GordyP

G

Gordy P. This is now my 3rd attempt

Gordy P. This is now my 3rd attempt

Hey GordyP! This is now my third attempt to respond to your great experience. I have been booted off twice, at the end of a lengthy response both times. I am determined now to get this out so I am going to do it in sections. I thought your experience was great! And believable to someone who chants. That is the key. Unless you have had that experience personally to chant and have such an experience you cannot believe. That is why they say we show with our lives. YOu continue that chanting and continue to show those miraculous things and that brings the curiosity to try it. But so many of us go through life like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz, saying there is nothing in that black bag for me and we quit. Of course our greatest experiences are through chanting for others and sharing and that is what I'm trying to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.