What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Let's live out our lives boldly and with conviction. This is the very driving force for victory! Let's take action with confidence and talk to others about what indeed are the facts and the truth, without hesitation. Upholding justice does indeed take courage.

Daisaku Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"The Lotus Sutra teaches the principle of the simultaneity of cause and effect, the symbol of which is the lotus flower. Normally, flowers bear fruit after their blossoms fall but, as the Daishonin writes, 'the lotus is the only one that bears flowers and fruit simultaneously' (WND-1, 1099). In other words, the flowers and fruit grow at the same time. The causes we are creating right now in our commitment to pray and strive for kosen-rufu contain the brilliant effects, or fruit, of victory and happiness. It is vital, therefore, to take action--action for a lofty goal--and to go out and meet with people and to visit our fellow members.

"The noble life-state of Buddhahood manifests in those who chant and spread the Mystic Law. You, admirable practitioners of the Daishonin's Buddhism, are all entities of Myoho-renge-kyo. Just as flowers produce beautiful blossoms, may you bring forth the potential of your lives and realize wonderful achievements in the field of your mission."

SGI Newsletter No. 7784, WOMEN’S DIVISION AND YOUNG WOMEN’S DIVISION EXECUTIVE CONFERENCE--PART 2 [OF 3], Speaking with Courage, Zest, and Great Conviction, from the Feb. 23rd, 2009, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, translated June 1st, 2009

Wilson!

diamoku help

diamoku help

Hi Chanting Growers,

We need your diamoku. Our 6yo son, the Pumpkin Man, is being mistreated, actually bullied by his 1st grade teacher. Imagine a teacher calling an Asperger's kid a whiner in front of the class. He's only been in the school for 6weeks. Now he's branded. The teacher taught the students to ridicule and bully our son. Now they say to him "I don't want to play with you. You are a whiner."

I'm thinking of putting him in another school. But, we don't want to leave this dumbass teacher in place to continue the damage to others that come behind us.

btw-I gave the Pumpkin Man a 1/2 teaspoon of cannaoil for the 1st time today. We hope it helps him mellow out and focus more sharply. My wife will be keeping a journal.

I'm contacting the ACLU and looking into a discrimination suit.

We're gearing up to campaign this to victory. :dueling:

Your diamoku is appreciated.

Oh, I'm not too switched on about the etiquite on posting off topic. Since faith equals daily life and personal struggles are how we express the boundless power of an enlightned life condition. Why not share this here?

Besides, I be honored by your input and experiences.

Cheers,

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Wilson,

I support you. Gonna do an hour of daimoku in a few minutes and I just wanted to say you have my support.

This thread is the forum for you life + faith + practice. Keep it coming and I'm glad to be in your company.

In this thread we win, nonstop winning. If our lives backslide then we pick up and just keep going forward.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Chanting Growers,

We need your diamoku.

We're gearing up to campaign this to victory. :dueling:

Your diamoku is appreciated.

Oh, I'm not too switched on about the etiquite on posting off topic. Since faith equals daily life and personal struggles are how we express the boundless power of an enlightned life condition. Why not share this here?

Besides, I be honored by your input and experiences.

Cheers,

Don't be silly Wilson! Of course you share it here, and of course this is where we all ask for Daimoku from each other, for each other, WHENEVER IT IS NEEDED, FOR WHATEVER REASON. Tell the Pumpkin Man that the Chanting Growers have his back. A note is going into the Butsudan!

Bud and MrsB! How was the daimoku toso?

Easy, I'll be back at you today.

Much love and deepest respect,

Thomas

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well my brothers ... the Toso was cancelled at the last minute. We were already in the car just about there when we got a message. Daimoku at home tonight.
WE GOT YOUR BACK PUMPKINMAN :)

Nam myoho renre kyo!!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"At such a time, the three obstacles and four devils will invariably appear, and the wise will rejoice while the foolish will retreat."

(The Three Obstacles and Four Devils - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol. 1, page 637) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, June 3rd, 2009.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Those who are serious prepare in earnest. That's why nothing is more effective than a serious commitment."

SGI Newsletter No. 7786, The New Human Revolution-Vol. 22: Chap. 3, High Seas 7, translated June 2nd, 2009

E

EasyMyohoDisco

EllieGrows please take note of these two posts from March 2006...

EllieGrows please take note of these two posts from March 2006...

Welcome Delta. I hope you will read enough to be convinced that it is a mistake to recite Om Mani Padme Hum in the Latter Day of the Law. I am not giving you a hard time, just doing what I must according to the teachings of the Daishonin. You are always welcome here, and understand that I will always be trying to convince you to chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo exclusively. Please don't chant anything else!!!

Delta! Welcome aboard! I'm with you , Brother. Forget about that other mantra. The only one that has the power to change what needs to be changed is Nam-myoho-renge-kyo. You are here because of it. You have a past relationship with it. It has been waiting for you to reveal the truth of the Buddha nature that exists within you.

It is the sharp sword with which we cut through delusion.

Let us all seek to obtain the eyes of the Buddha: the compassion and wisdom of our original state. Never forget that the problems in our lives are there to demonstrate the power of the Law for others. EVERYONE PLEASE DO SHAKUBUKU (tell someone else about Nam-myoho-renge-kyo).

My personal congratulations to always2theleft for the four shakubuku he has already done in a relatively short time. Telling others about Nam-myoho-renge-kyo is the fastest way to accumulate good fortune. Try it and see! It sure works for me!

Thomas

EllieGrows,

Thanks for posting but please note that I recalled after reading your posts these rebuttals by PasstheDoobie towards Delta-9-THC after he posted the same mantra.

As you can read in PTD's post, Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! works and if you are reciting words for mediation, concentration, or whathaveyou, the bottom line is "IS THIS WORKING FOR YOU"? This thread has almost 10,000 posts documenting the lives of people who spontaneously join this thread, start chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! begin to improve their lives and really overcome so many things by creating benefits and value through the practice of chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! that I must admit, a formerly very confused and sad guy, being me, has budded into a less confused and relatively happier and very productive individual.

I attribute all my successes in the last three years to my practice of chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! to the Gohonzon. I hope you give it a try and find what you are looking for in this thread.

Thanks for your time and Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Let's have the sort of conversations that help us to make good connections with others, heart to heart. Let's be open to interacting with the people that are in our immediate environment so that we can help them to establish a really good connection with Buddhism. And through such individual efforts, let us open up a grand, magnificent road towards rissho ankoku - The Establishment of the Peace and Security of the Land*!

Daisaku Ikeda

* Rissho ankoku is the establishment of a peaceful society based upon true Buddhism.

* Rissho means to "establish true Buddhism" - in other words, to widely spread such humanistic Buddhist tenets as compassion and respect for the sanctity of life throughout society. This is the religious mission of those who practice Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism. On an individual level, it means embarking on an inner human revolution, tapping and cultivating the compassion within our lives and firmly establishing humanism as our guiding
principle.

If human life, the principle creative force, can thus be transformed, the repercussions of such a transformation will spread to society and to all spheres of human endeavour. As a result, not only will politics support the cause of human peace and happiness but so will education, culture and economics, thus leading to ankoku, "securing the peace of the land."

This process resembles how the waters of a great river irrigate the fields, enriching the soil and promoting luxuriant growth of grasses and trees. Buddhism is the great river and the people are the fields. The grasses and trees, meanwhile, correspond to peace and culture.
(The New Human Revolution, Volume 2, Vanguard chapter, Page 37, June 1995 edition published by the SGI-USA)

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"I once asked my mentor Josei Toda why it was important to practise Buddhism 'without begrudging one's life.' His reply was very clear"

"'Call it humanity's karma, but society is complex and full of contradictions. Nowhere can we find a fundamental path to happiness for all people. Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism, however, provides the means for transforming karma on the deepest level. It teaches the path of eternity, joy, true self, and purity--of eternal fulfilment and satisfaction. There is
no higher path in life than this. That's why, if you devote yourself wholeheartedly to your Buddhist practice, you will have no regrets.'

"More than 60 years have passed since I first became Mr. Toda's disciple. Everything is just as he said. Having striven selflessly for worldwide kosen-rufu exactly as my mentor instructed, my heart is filled with the joy of 'dedicating oneself to the Law without begrudging one's life.' Now I wish to pass on the unsurpassed way of this mission to the youth.

"The essence of the Daishonin's Buddhism is found in the spirit of not begrudging one's life, of selfless devotion to spreading the Law. It is found in unstinting efforts to realise kosen-rufu. The German poet Friedrich von Schiller (1759-1805) once wrote: 'Who life would win, he must dare to die!' Giving our all for the sake of the Daishonin's Buddhism and for the sake of others is how we bring our lives to shine to their fullest splendour. This way of life taught in Buddhism in fact lays forth a very important guideline for living in today's world."

SGI Newsletter No. 7787, THE WRITINGS OF NICHIREN DAISHONIN AND THE MENTOR-DISCIPLE RELATIONSHIP, [7] The Meaning of "Practicing without Begrudging One's Life" Today, from the Feb. 19th, 2009, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, translated June 3rd, 2009

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"But my life from the beginning has been based upon firm conviction. I have no intention now of reversing my course, nor will I ever reproach [those who persecuted me]."

(Why No Protection from the Heavenly Gods? - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.2, page 432) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, June 4th, 2009

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's our inner transformation, the changing of our fundamental attitude or way of looking at things, that is the basis for us to be victorious.* By chanting daimoku precisely in the same"gear" as our mentor, let's bring forth the great life force that will enable us to be totally invincible, no matter what!**

Daisaku Ikeda

*"When we change, the world changes. The key to all change is in our inner transformation--a change in our hearts and minds. This is human revolution. When we realise this truth, we can bring forth that power anywhere, anytime, and in any situation."

**"A teacher or mentor in Buddhism is one who leads and connects people to the Law--teaching them that the Law on which they should depend exists within their own lives. The disciples in turn seek the mentor, who embodies and is one with the Law. Looking to the mentor as a model, they exert themselves in their Buddhist practice. In this way, they lead a life that allows them to become the master of their mind.

"In other words, the existence of a mentor who embodies and lives in complete accord with the Law, and who teaches people about the vast inner potential they possess, is indispensable for attaining Buddhahood in this lifetime." (Lectures on "On Attaining Buddhahood in This Lifetime" by Daisaku Ikeda published by Soka Gakkai Malaysia)

E

EasyMyohoDisco

WE MADE IT! CONGRATS TO ALL THE CHANTING GROWERS!

WE MADE IT! CONGRATS TO ALL THE CHANTING GROWERS!

Happy 10,000 plus post! Way to go chanting growers!

This is a great victory!

Like the roar of the Lion, Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"The host, smiling, restrained his guest and said: Insects that live on smartweed forget how bitter it tastes; those who stay long in privies forget how foul the smell is. Here you listen to my good words and think them wicked, point to a slanderer of the Law and call him a sage, mistrust a correct teacher and take him for an evil priest. Your confusion is great indeed, and your offence anything but light. Listen to my explanation of how this
confusion arose, and let us discuss the matter in detail."

(On Establishing the Correct Teaching for the Peace of the Land - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 16) Selection source: Learning from "On Establishing the Correct Teaching for the Peace of the Land", Seikyo Shimbun, June 5th, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts