What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitman

Rise and Shine and chant like it is your last day here!!!! Nam Myoho Renge Kyo! May all the power that is positive fall on you from this big blessed universe. Hold on tight when everything starts shaking and is turned upside down!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,

Hitman

PTD- HI- That is sure is some powerful writing. Chant on brother man! Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

I get so busy and so entrenched in work that when I come back I can feel the power of this place. It's a Buddhasend. You know? I feel like my world is being turned upside down and I am hold on and it's shaking. I feel like I'm going extinct. I know I can out smart this negativity so it is like I'm refueling or powering up with everyone of you Growing Chanters! Right through fingertips to elbows and straight to the heart and guts. What power we possess when we put all of our virtues together and focus on Nam Myoho Renge Kyo. It's off to the Gohonzon to see it smiling as we soar. Transcending our town and streets and even the globe because chanting takes us that far into the unknown and turns the foggy gray into dreams fulfilled. Can't forget to credit Nam Myoho Renge Kyo when things get really good and hold onto it when things get bad. One thing is for certain, when you're up expect to crash and when you're slumped realize that you'll be back. You have a great power in your hands to cherish and share and that power is the mystical law of the universe- Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So as we can see above, the Daishonin's statement, "But your faith alone will determine all these things." applies to the protection we receive from our practice, not the manner in which we determine what that practice should be. (Just so no one gets confused.)

T

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Thanks hit i needed that. been in a deep slump for days now too. thanks for sharing. Too bad very few of us are personally connected in the physical world beyond the energy we post on this thread. I practice differently in a lot of ways than the majority of the herd and wish I had a chanting grower closer by sometimes. But anyway I know the cruel harsh reality of this world and in the past have grown accustomed to it.

Sayonara

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
HIYA HIT! Long time no see! Have a great weekend and make sure to get that extra Daimoku in, if you can!

Much love and deep respect! Give mom a hug from us all!

T

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Greetings T, Easy, Baba(s), and all...life is so darn complicated, but it is flowing easily and well. Complications arise from my own cleverness, constantly driving me to do this, that, or the other thing instead of ultimately what is the best.

Things are progressing steadily, I have finally let go of the anger that consumed my life for the last year due to a separation in my life. Seems I have problems letting go...but anyway, moving along and creating my own reality (not piggybacked upon the efforts of others) is my focus and goal during this time.

To create my own publications, videos, etc.

Why?

Because there is a great need for education, and the revealing of truth. Americans have been poorly educated in recent decades, and the country seems to be slipping into a downward spiral based on greed and "not in my back yard" feelings.

It is when visiting this thread, and chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo that I see somewhat of a bright future, and become inspired to move along, instead of being in some static state of doing nothing.

Be that as it may, I do find that chanting gives a focus, determination, and feeling of peace in the face of madness. Not to mention the great fellowship of the Chanting Growers Group.

Just last weekend I was blessed to chant with BOG and his family, with friends. It was wonderful, and I have spent the last week so high I accomplished many things. It is a surprise to me that it is Saturday here already!!!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo to you all here in the Chanting Growers Group, and I hope that all is well with abundant happiness~!

Hitman

Payaso, nice to meet you. Please tell BOG that Hitman said hi and Nam Myoho Renge Kyo. I'm on Bogglegum Generation IV, sweet smell and strong too. Nice and mellow. Still keepin it goin'. The LSD got lossed along the way.

Hi Easy! Hi all!

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Finally found an apartment! What a relief! That was really bringing me down for a while.

I'm in better shape and ready to attend tomorrow's study meeting. Thanks for the kind words my friends.

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Those who believe in the Lotus Sutra are as if in winter, but winter always turns to spring. Never, from ancient times on, has anyone heard or seen of winter turning back to autumn. Nor have we ever heard of a believer in the Lotus Sutra who turned into an ordinary person. The sutra reads, "If there are those who hear the Law, then not a one will fail to attain Buddhahood."

Winter Always Turns to Spring
(The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 536)

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Big shout out to Trichy and Desi!

Big shout out to Trichy and Desi!

Potentials in the inner, unconscious realm of life created through one's actions in the past or present that manifest themselves as various results in the present or future. Karma is a variation of the Sanskrit karman, which means act, action, a former act leading to a future result, or result. Buddhism interprets karma in two ways: as indicating three categories of action, i.e., mental, verbal, and physical, and as indicating a dormant force thereby produced. That is, one's thought, speech, and behavior, both good and bad, imprint themselves as a latent force or potential in one's life.This latent force, or karma, when activated by an external stimulus, produces a corresponding good or bad effect, i.e., happiness or suffering. There are also neutral acts that produce neither good nor bad results. According to this concept of karma, one's actions in the past have shaped one's present reality, and one's actions in the present will in turn influence one's future. This law of karmic causality operates in perpetuity, carrying over from one lifetime to the next and remaining with one in the latent state between death and rebirth. It is karma, therefore, that accounts for the circumstances of one's birth, one's individual nature, and in general the differences among all living beings and their environments. It was traditionally viewed as a natural process in which no god or deity could intervene. The Hindu gods, in fact, were subject to the same law of karma as people, having become gods supposedly through the creation of good karma. The idea of karma predates Buddhism and was already prevalent in Indian society well before the time of Shakyamuni. This pre-Buddhist view of karma, however, had an element of determinism, serving more to explain one's lot in life and compel one to accept it than inspiring hope for change or transformation. The Brahmans, who were at the top of the Indian class structure by birth, may well have emphasized this view to secure their own role. The idea of karma was further developed, however, in the Buddhist teachings. Shakyamuni maintained that what makes a person noble or humble is not birth but one's actions. Therefore the Buddhist doctrine of karma is not fatalistic. Rather, karma is viewed not only as a means to explain the present, but also as the potential force through which to influence one's future. Mahayana Buddhism holds that the sum of actions and experiences of the present and previous lifetimes are accumulated and stored as karma in the depths of life and will form the framework of individual existence in the next lifetime. Buddhism therefore encourages people to create the best possible karma in the present in order to ensure the best possible outcome in the future. In terms of time, some types of karma produce effects in the present lifetime, others in the next lifetime, and still others in subsequent lifetimes. This depends on the nature, intensity, and repetitiveness of the acts that caused them. Only those types of karma that are extremely good or bad will last into future existences. The other, more minor, types will produce results in this lifetime. Those that are neither good nor bad will bring about no results. Karma is broadly divided into two types: fixed and unfixed. Fixed karma is said to produce a fixed result—that is, for any given fixed karma there is a specific effect that will become manifest at a specific time. In the case of unfixed karma, any of various results or general outcomes might arise at an indeterminate time. Irrespective of these differences, the Buddhist philosophy of karma, particularly that of Mahayana Buddhism, is not fatalistic. No ill effect is so fixed or predetermined that good karma from Buddhist practice in the present cannot transform it for the better. Moreover, any type of karma needs interaction with the corresponding conditions to become manifest. See also fixed karma; unfixed karma.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
By chanting daimoku with strong resolute faith, let's first of all challenge the obstacles within our hearts and minds that tend to limit our possibilities! The driving force for creating a really glorious history is nothing, but courage.

Daisaku Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Suffer what is there to suffer, enjoy what there is to enjoy. Regard both suffering and joy as facts of life, and continue chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, no matter what happens."

(Happiness in This World - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 681) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, May 30th, 2009

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"As the Scottish historian Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881) wrote: 'Thou, there where thou art, wrestle and [struggle] along, cheerfully to the end.' These words indicate the path of victory in life. Happiness doesn't exist somewhere else, separate from our daily lives. We need to begin to create happiness right where we are. That's the place where we should win. When we do so, the most challenging and adverse situation will be transformed into a golden, victorious Land of Eternally Tranquil Light."

SGI Newsletter No. 7782, The New Human Revolution--Vol. 22: Chap. 3, High Seas 6, translated May 28th, 2009

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam myoho renge kyo !!
woooooooooop our small local group will get together for daimoku on wednesday nite :)
Nam myoho renge kyo

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you Babba, I knew you would do it.

How could he not do it, with you chanting so sincerely to support his faith and practice in any way that you can? Could there be any question of the karmic bond between the two of you? It is an amazingly beautiful thing to behold.

CONGRATULATIONS BUD!!!!!

MRS.B!!! PLEASE KEEP YOUR SKYPE ENCOURAGEMENT GOING TO THE VERY END! Your mission is to be a sister to our sister! Please continue!!!

I bow in humble obeisance to all!

Thomas

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"This I will state. Let the gods forsake me. Let all persecutions assail me. Still I will give my life for the sake of the Law."

(The Opening of the Eyes - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 280) Selection source: Activity report from SGI-Thailand, Seikyo Shimbun, May 31st, 2009

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Though we may suffer for a while, ultimately delight awaits us."

(Protecting the Atsuhara Believers - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.2, page 882) Selection source: President Ikeda's speech at the Headquarters Leaders Meeting held on May 27, 2009 and covered in the Seikyo Shimbun on June 2nd, 2009

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"If you are of the same mind as Nichiren, you must be a Bodhisattva of the Earth. ...Were they not Bodhisattvas of the Earth, they could not chant the daimoku. At first only Nichiren chanted Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, but then two, three, and a hundred followed, chanting and teaching others. Propagation will unfold this way in the future as well. Does this not signify 'emerging from the earth'? At the time when the Law has spread far and wide, the entire Japanese nation will chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, as surely as an arrow aimed at the earth cannot miss the target." - "The True Aspect of All Phenomena", WND-I, page 385

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"This is what I have taught my disciples morning and evening, and yet they begin to harbour doubts and abandon their faith. Foolish men are likely to forget the promises they have made when the crucial moment comes."

(The Opening of the Eyes - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 283) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, June 1st, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts