What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CHAMPS EXPO - 2014 - Toronto

vapor

Veteran
Just wondering i have seen and met some of these master growers in real life and yea. i would not use the term master grower to describe there output.... but to each there own...

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey vape

the only guys i met that will do well gave me some nugs, and only spoke to me in private away from my booth.

they had cards and over 20-30 years experience.

the fakers wanted to come right up to my booth, tell my clients lies about me and my gear, and boast loudly how they were the master growers.

i know i am a smart ass loud mouth on the forums, but its to attract attention.

these guys dont even have companies, and acted like they knew my gear more then me without even growing them lol

med-man

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i do have to say though

this show was very very different due to the april 1 cpl situation

talked to a ton of doctors, clinics, engineers, builders, cpls etc. loved how they did the b2b on fri, but honestly should have happened Thursday

med-man

C

c-ray

only the egocentric and insecure need trophies
the humble have neither need nor want for such validation because they recognize it is only an illusion

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
and only the blind dont see i run a business like no other on earth, and marketing is a huge part of a business . the most awarded business i may add

med-man

testoftime

and only the blind dont see i run a business like no other on earth, and marketing is a huge part of a business . the most awarded business i may add

med-man
Just curious med-man what your silver skunk did in terms of numbers in both thc% and cbd % to be the highest %of all the entries. That's huge, good for you med-man? I was at the convention on Sunday. I must have missed seeing you....when I went by the booth thier was a lady and a man there. I'm having a hard time finding out the winners for the competition...can someone point me to the results for the cup at this year's champs expo that just passed. Thanks

S

sonofsour

hey vape

the only guys i met that will do well gave me some nugs, and only spoke to me in private away from my booth.

they had cards and over 20-30 years experience.

the fakers wanted to come right up to my booth, tell my clients lies about me and my gear, and boast loudly how they were the master growers.

i know i am a smart ass loud mouth on the forums, but its to attract attention.

these guys dont even have companies, and acted like they knew my gear more then me without even growing them lol

med-man

LOL I witnessed it with my own eyes, a few barging sh!T talkers, but also a bunch of solid serious people. I was lucky to get a good chat in with Med-Man and my bro. Thursday would of been good for the B2B agreed.

Shout out to REMO has well, he hooked me up with some of his legendary rock-star from bong guru, gave me a handful of nugs I put most of that in storage for my Bday Owwwwwww!

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey sonofsour

he squeezed me one nug :) i think a bit of aging and it will be even nicer then it already was

i will be honest, all the MG i met gave me samples and they were on par with mine and remos stuff. will be interesting to see us keep up on quality while going massive :)

med-man

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Question: is this 'master grower' title something we are saying here on IC or is their some sort of actual academic/related work experience pre-requisite written somewhere you are acknowledging as a reference?

That questions for everybody.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey vag

it actually is a tech term in growing plants.

i found at the show all the real masters never mentioned that name once though, but all the self serving imposters were throwing the term around like kanye with a camera man

med-man

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Okay. It is a actual term. I'm assuming wine, flowers, corn, marijuana master growers have different requirements to be called a master grower?

Are we referencing one as a universally held term/definition in this thread? I just want to know what the pre-requisites are.

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ex: a master grower would need to be a 'student of highest distinction' in this:

http://thcuniversity.org/certifications/master-grower/

Maintaining a GPA of 4.33 or something of that sorts.

Yes, I'm well aware that school is probably shit. Yes, I'm aware the actual education you relieve means nothing without work experience.

I'm just trying to find out what everybody is setting as a standard, if we are indeed referencing something.

"Master Grower" kind of a BS title. Not many people fit into that category. I have spent 25+ years honing my skills, but still finding myself learning on almost a daily basis. I think it's strictly a title, like "master brewer" I think a better term would be head, lead, or chief, grower, would be more accurate. Anyone who has perfected all methods, soilless, coco, hydro, aero, ebb & flow, dWC, etc, and grown indoor, outdoor, greenhouse, and grown commercially on a large scale, could be considered a "Master". I think any true master grower would never call himself one.

GG.

:biggrin: Great work ....a pleasure to shoot the breeze with ya med man .....respect for the beans .:woohoo:congrats on the trophies ...keep safe and fight the good fight :tiphat:

S

sourpuss

Im a grand master grower. I have nothing to learn. Wanna talk crap about master this and that go to a martial art school and see what they say or do.

tristanparadise

Killer solvent extraction by the @lafumopipe canada guys, go Wappa 1st prize 2014
10387934_703479226380730_146786938_n.jpg

10362071_1420154338260905_969837278_n.jpg

10362291_704331749606237_2029417047_n.jpg

S

sourpuss

Big thanks to Dutchpro nutes and their huge freebie bag. Looks like a h7ndred bucks in freebie nutes that medman himself spoke highly of. Really stoked to try it out!!

15 dollar ticket. Couple hours and I walked out with way over a hundred infreebies. Awesome time, great job imo.... wish my buddies didnt get so zood out at the ibliss station, literally had to drag them around after that:)