What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CHAMPS EXPO - 2014 - Toronto

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
will be there shortly with my billy big bud tshirt proudly displayed. if u see me say high

Last edited:

Marco Renda

Heading down to the expo for the first time this weekend. Not too happy with the way CHAMPS has handled things so that is the reason that I have stayed away. I will be there to present the winners with their cups for the 5th Annual Treating Yourself Cup

Take Care and Peace
Marco

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
hey marco it ws my first show so i have nothing to compare it to but im curious as to what you are disgruntled about?

petepot

Marco - you created a fantastic event, that is hugely appreciated by so many people. Thank you!

I did feel it was a bit of a different atmosphere there this year.
Its not the same as when Marco ran it,
but it is a lot better than nothing.....

I'm hoping the changes to the MMAR will be relaxed, and the expo continues forever......

Heading down to the expo for the first time this weekend. Not too happy with the way CHAMPS has handled things so that is the reason that I have stayed away. I will be there to present the winners with their cups for the 5th Annual Treating Yourself Cup

Take Care and Peace
Marco

Is it true that Champs had to take the event over because you weren't going to do it this year? I've heard many people say you mistreated many of your business partners from last year. I don't know what's true, that is why I am asking. some clarity would be appreciated and enlightening! thanks in advance, Marco!:dance013:

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
i was there today...it was a different feel for sure then last year...I think not as big..half as many seed sellers/breeders...not as many displays of chronic with awards and testing info...

Last year was huge...this year half the size...

and as far as you Marco...I don't have much to say about you...

Giving up Treating yourself???and the show???? come on really...that's a gold mine and you just walked away

ohh well next year it will be even bigger then last and you won't have anything to do with it...OH well
I met med man...hung out with him and got a few new bowls...got myself some of those wicked RAW trays...and some chronic buds...

all in all it was great time....but next year will be bigger

peace
Chefboy

S

sonofsour

i was there today...it was a different feel for sure then last year...I think not as big..half as many seed sellers/breeders...not as many displays of chronic with awards and testing info...

Last year was huge...this year half the size...

and as far as you Marco...I don't have much to say about you...

Giving up Treating yourself???and the show???? come on really...that's a gold mine and you just walked away

ohh well next year it will be even bigger then last and you won't have anything to do with it...OH well
I met med man...hung out with him and got a few new bowls...got myself some of those wicked RAW trays...and some chronic buds...

all in all it was great time....but next year will be bigger

peace
Chefboy

I also met and chilled with Med-Man he is super cool, his booth was killing it this year.

I also would like to know what was pissing marco off about CHAMPS? it is not your show any more so why do you even care about what kind of job they did? from what I witnessed, they did good for their first time in Canada, sure a few things could of been slightly better but nothing to cry about, and from what I gathered and heard Marco had problems getting his event to go smooth, I heard from multiple sources Marco was super unorganized, that is too bad seeing has people paid 400-700$ to judge your event, "Gnome Sayin" on a side note any word on if Med-Man took home any cups? I sure hope he did becuase he worked hard this year from what I witnessed.

Marco Renda

peace
Chefboy

I wish it was a gold mine LOL! It was more like a huge money pit!

I am glad that I didn't have to worry about the financial stress of putting on the expo this year.

Take Care and Peace
Marco

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
I would predict MM winning many , I missed this year , but last 2 years past only smoked/ seen 1 or 2 other AAA/AAAA type quality stuff ,..... wuz surprised ,.... but that's the truth.

TS

cr0n

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I enjoyed it. It had a bit of a different vibe.

It seemed like there was a lot of glass compared to years past, which does nothing for me personally.

Marco Renda

How about the results from the cup competition?

GG.

Well I put it up on a seperate post but here it is.

Here is the list of winners for the 5th Annual Treating Yourself Cup

Edibles:

1st : Juice Box
2nd : Laura Sensicord
3rd : Sweet Freak

Bud:

1st: Lemon Thai - Med Man
2nd: Rock Star - Remo
3rd: Honey Boo Boo - Rocky

Extracts:

Solventless
1st - Barbara Bud - House of the great gardener
2nd - Heisenberg - Pedro
3rd - Rock Star Kush - Med Man

Solvent
1st - Wappa - Lafumo Pipe Canada
2nd - Pandoras Box - THE DAB BAR
3rd - Chocolope - Pharma Bee

Seed Company:

Indica
1st - Conkushion - Med Man Brand
2nd - Critical + - Dinafem
3rd - Haoma - House of the great gardener

Sativa
1st - Bubble Haze - Med Man Brand
2nd - Original Amnesia - Dinafem
3rd - Super Lemon Haze - Greenhouse Seed Company

Hybrid
1st - No Name - Medical Seeds
2nd - Silver Skunk - Med Man Brand
3rd - Purple Thai - Med Man Brand

chinakush

bubble haze was one of kraziest smelling greens at the show i thought next to Delta 9 Labs magnum platinum haze, medman actually called it at the show on fri when i was there that he was gonna take first with conkusion, i think i need some lemon thai seeds dood

diffusing

bubble haze was one of kraziest smelling greens at the show i thought next to Delta 9 Labs magnum platinum haze, medman actually called it at the show on fri when i was there that he was gonna take first with conkusion, i think i need some lemon thai seeds dood

didnt have the luxury of being there, but anything x thai, i'm all over. good to see people are moving away from the kushes. id pay top dollar for lemon thai. and, hell, proper choco thai.. mmmm...

phatpharmer

Medmans booth was crazy busy all weekend I felt like I was spinning in circles trying to keep up with demand we were the busiest booth by far dabbing people out was a great time! I have to congratulate Medman on all the awards and really appreciated the fact Medman was kind enuf to giv me 1 of the rigs he won from Red Beard I'm going to post picks and go into detail of the goodtime we had all weekend. I loved meeting fellow Ic magers I was so busy I most a few but met Manstien great guy and chef boy hope u enjoyed that c99;)

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey dudes!

for the record, my buddy mtl j found the bubble haze seed in a bag i gave him to sample around 2007/08sh. i have kept her alive this whole time. i never grew her much, just breeding. to me, great bud is great bud, and deserves to be kept if that the case

i need to give a big shou out to

- marco renda and jon vergados for keeping the competition going!
- doctuer
- phatpharmer
- chefboy
- billy big bud
- son of sour
- sosour
- leaffan
- green medical and all the other ic mag memeber sthat introduced themsleves that i never met last year. so cool to chikl and talk!

and the 6 master growers that popped in to say hi. i really really really am stoked to put faces to names and meet my peers in the cpl scene. the future look exciting

med-man

sorry if i missed anyone else, i meant you too

Last edited: