What's new

Cfl grow don't assume anything

Im'One

Rasoli seedling was looking bad and no matter what I did it looked worse. I decided two things were possi, either the plant is root bound or not getting enough air to the roots for another reason. Using foxfarm happy frog may be too dense for a Landrace? I chose a bigger pot, only slightly larger and will wait to transfer to a three gallon.
I mixed the soil with one part used soil contain a lot of perlite, one part sand/peat mix.
I added water as I added soil to make sure no air pockets formed.

Im'One

After setting in a warm rain water bath for about 30 minutes I drained her tray and moved her back to the veg room and sat her tray in a heat pad just to stay safe, perhaps reduce the shock of transfer.
Her roots had not filled the pot and she was not root bound.
I assume the wet ness of the happy frog was making her sad. When I used my moisture meter the bottom soil was still soaked after two days and she showed reverse taco. Also the fact I had not gotten her deep enough last time I transferred her and she fell over and exposed her root was not helping. I tried to straighten her and cover the root better this time.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
After setting in a warm rain water bath for about 30 minutes I drained her tray and moved her back to the veg room and sat her tray in a heat pad just to stay safe, perhaps reduce the shock of transfer.
Her roots had not filled the pot and she was not root bound.
I assume the wet ness of the happy frog was making her sad. When I used my moisture meter the bottom soil was still soaked after two days and she showed reverse taco. Also the fact I had not gotten her deep enough last time I transferred her and she fell over and exposed her root was not helping. I tried to straighten her and cover the root better this time.
I've found starting off, my biggest problem is overwatering them. I want to "baby" them, but they really don't need it for the most part. If you try to water around the edges of the pot to send the roots out, and make sure to let the surface soil have a dry day to send the roots down deeper searching for moisture. And I hate to say mistakes are "good", but if you use them as a learning experience, they don't have to be "bad". :biggrin:

Im'One

Yes these Landrace babies, and I'm sure now that's what she is, really don't take much water or nutes. I checked her with the moisture meter and she wasnt completely DRY but I watered anyway? My other plants took it and ran.
They way she has behaved and smells has convinced me. She was a Rasoli or Malana seed.
Her smell is subtle lemony candy smell.

Im'One

The other plants threw me off I think, my Romulan drinks almost daily and the Dancehall is so forgiving I got a little spoiled.

Im'One

Ok I took numerous photos ofmthe Romulan and several have advised patience. It has small bumps at the immature internodes I thought were hermied. Maybe not? I will give time to be sure.
The mystery seedling is not getting better after transplant. I'm just going to quit looking at her. She looks overwatered and of course I had to transfer her into a wet soil so she is just gonna have to dry out a while. Not sure what else to do

I built a new light using Walmart bulbs and some vanity fixtures from habitat.
I will be hanging it today.

Last edited:

igrowone

Veteran
a hermie 'bump' will quickly let you know if it's a hermie
roosters show up quick after that
but vigilance is never a waste

Rodehazrd

Interesting strains .
You might cut the ppm to 600 on that landrace. In my experience the hf is good for several weeks with only biota and humates in the water.
I'm subbed to see how it comes out.:tiphat:

Littleleaf

Veteran
Fellow okie doing the inside grow too. Waiting for spring to take them outside. Indiana bubblegum, Chem 4, red cheese, C99 x NL and Nl. Also some sourbubble, sourbubble x grandad skunk. Others I haven't pulled from the bean box yet. Will be pushing our2 cards to the max.

Last years outdoor.

Attachments

• n wall.jpg
    n wall.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 26
  • twin colas.jpg
    twin colas.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 22

Im'One

Interesting strains .
You might cut the ppm to 600 on that landrace. In my experience the hf is good for several weeks with only biota and humates in the water.
I'm subbed to see how it comes out.:tiphat:
She was only watered with tap water (350 ppm) but wasn't taking any water. The soil remaining moist for a week without watering.

I got s/o of dealing with her and dumped her and checked and found her main root was broken, probably last time I transplant her.
I put her in new soil with a little water. I put a couple drops of superthrive in water and set her pot in a tray to water from bottom. If she dies she dies.