What's new

Celtics VS Lakers: Championship Bout 2010!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Well, I don't think blaming the refs is proper. The celts had plenty of chances to put the game away but they could not buy a bucket at the end until it was almost over. The over the back should have been called but if rondo had put more effort into holding his ground it would have. He needs to get tougher and stronger. The over the back, if it had been called, would have been a gamechanger...

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
37 free throws for the Lakers, 17 for the Celts.

The Lakers shot 18 of those free throws in the 4th quarter.

Let's be realistic here. Tim Donaghy was just throwing games for the wrong ppl.

Watch that game again, look how it was being called. Then pay attention to the 4th quater. Within the first 1:30, 2 quick fouls (questionable considering the calls in the previous 3 quarters) on Big Baby.

The one that works me up, is the late game rebound by Gasol, after Rondo boxed him out, Gasol went over his back and NO FOUL!

Ref's wrapped that one up for the Lake Show. No question. Now I got Greyskull sending me private messages about eating crow.

Ahhhh. I love athletic talent and scripting in Pro-sports.

Anyone remember the 24 point comeback against the Blazers in game 7 a decade ago? Remember watching that game and thinking, what r the Refs calling? mmmmm

And the other hand, the only reason why it was scripted for the Celts to get to the finals was for the ratings, and to bump Lebronette out of Cleveland. So we can't complain too much.

But Never think that any team in the NBA is going to win anything unless previously planned.

Peace

i dont know about all that... i sent you a friendly visitor message about the crow :wave:... so now i have to question the accuracy of the rest of your observations lol

i was just giving you a hard time. you seemed like a hard line cs fan that woulda thrown it in my face had the ball bounced the other way so i thought you could handle it...

we had our parade today....
how was yours?

picture.php

mcattak

Ron Artest said it best

Boston Sucks
Boston Sucks
Boston Sucks
Boston Sucks
Boston Sucks
Boston Sucks
Boston Sucks
Boston Sucks
Boston Sucks
Boston Sucks
Boston Sucks
Boston Sucks

mc

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Draft tomorrow? Any gems to be found in the bottom half of round 1, a la Rajon Rondo (who was a #21 overall pick, I believe)? Even Kobe was a #13 pick...

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
He may well be trying to do that, but I believe the Lakers best shot at a second 3-peat would be to rehire Phil, even if it costs Buss 12 mil a year...
It's like that Mastercard commercial: Kobe - 20 mill. Phil - 12 mill. A three-peat (second in ten years)? Priceless...

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
That was dead wrong, Labron played cleveland. No time to get in the free agent market. Damn.

And all the Labronze fans say Kobe's selfish. HA

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
lebron is the most selfish loser ive ever had the distaste to watch
i though Shaq was selfish... man, Lebron has the market on selfish.

poor c-town

keep the flame away form the river and everythig will pass in a few years once you stockpile some #1 picks... now its back to the cleveland clippers err cavs....

totally bummer for c-town...

I dont understand why he needed a freakin hour long special to celebrate himself and his decision. What an ego maniac. I cant wait to watch them implode. First team in history to go 0-82.

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
nah.. theyll probably go 55-60+ in the win category, but they are getting pushed out in the playoffs - second round is as far as they go...

until they find an all star center to take the minimum to battle the other big joke D-wight

crazy crazy crazy

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
It will be interesting to see how well the Heat do this year. I suspect there will be a number of players willing to take the minimum to play with the new Big Three. Shaq, Rasheed Wallace (who may unretire), any other veterans who have made their bankroll and now just want to add rings to their fingers?

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
Best of luck getting another banner. A 3-peat would be awesome. But I'm hoping that banner goes up in our house after a great rematch series between your Lakers and my Celtics this year. I've got a feeling it's gonna be an awesome season.

BostonCelticsChampionshipBanners.jpg

GreatLakes THC :joint: