What's new

Cell phone pictures loading sideways ? Here's the fix

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've had it happen to me, and I've seen it happen to others. Yes, even you Gypsy :friends:
The fix ? Turn your phone sideways and then take the picture 😁
Will upload right side up everytime. Or at least it has been for me. Try it and post your results friends. Also SPREAD THE WORD !

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
It's the rotation exif meta data stored in the photograph along with timestamp and possibly GPS location. You can also strip it the EXIF data on the phone with an image editing program or another program specifically to erase exif. But yeah just holding the phone the direction you want the photo to show up is the easiest :)

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Yes the camera/file continues to rotate even after you have taken the picture.

Take the picture. Exit the camera at the same upright position. It should stop rotating when you put it in your pocket. Or do as Tycho has described. These are instant fixes.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I have never once had this happen before.

And I'm not good with computers at all.

I think it may be because I delete the exif data like Agent said.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Ehh - yeah, <looks embarrassed> - I thought about that one too - and lo-and-behold - it works - silly me - silly you - silly us.

picture.php

I've had it happen to me, and I've seen it happen to others. Yes, even you Gypsy :friends:
The fix ? Turn your phone sideways and then take the picture 😁
Will upload right side up everytime. Or at least it has been for me. Try it and post your results friends. Also SPREAD THE WORD !

bibi40

Yes it arrive often ,

i fix it like this on windows ( too long with a lot of pictures ) :

i open the pics , rotate it ( left or right , no matter ) ,
close for the change saves ,
reopen the pics , re-rotate it in right place , and close for save it ,
after always in good side .

:tiphat:

therevverend

Veteran
When you save your pictures onto your computer. You can click on the image. It gives you the option of rotating the picture left, right, or upside down or back to sideways. This is important because sometimes I like to take pictures while I'm hanging upside down relaxing in my ganja patch.