What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CBD oil intake method and drug interactions

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Hi everyone,

Lately I've been dealing with a lot of anxiety related with a specific health problem that is bothering me for the last 5 months. And I decided to try with CBD oil to see if it helps with the anxiety. I bought a 10ml bottle with a total of 1000mg of CBD. I think that maybe 4 drops (around 20mg) per day is a good dosage to start. Maybe then I'll go to 6 or 8 drops.

I have two questions, in case anyone here can help me.

Can I mix the drops with food or drinks? Or do I have to take them directly?

I ask this because the health problem I have is in the throat and I'm not sure if it is good to have the CBD oil there where I have the problem. I prefer to avoid that risk, because I'm taking the oil for the anxiety and not for the problem itself.

The other question is if Levocetirizine (an antihistamine) can be taken along with the CBD oil or if there are any negative interactions.. ?

I ask this because of the cytochrome P-450 enzyme system and the possibility that CBD may slow down my body's ability to break the antihistamine down. I know this effect exists, but I don't know if it's important enough to assume that taking both medications is not safe. And I have to take the antihistamine, that is not an option, unfortunately.

Thanks ;)

tommy

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
hey man, hope you are doing good, you can eat the drops any way you like.

i can't imagine it having a bad effect with your allergy meds, but hopefully someone with more medical knowledge can answer.

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hello!

Thanks to both of you ;)

Sure Galvano, after reading the studies you shared I decided to search a bit more and found this:

https://www.karger.com/article/FullText/321181

"Moreover, levocetirizine is not metabolised in the liver via the cytochrome P450 enzyme system and does not have the potential for drug interactions with inhibitors of the cytochrome P450 enzyme system or other drugs which are metabolised via this system."

I think it's very clear that I can safely use the CBD oil while keeping my daily use of levocetirizine. Good news, because earlier I found information on another website that was slightly contrary to this. I'm not sharing a link because the website seems to be from a shop and it could sound a bit like spam.

Kind regards,

tommy

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Better to ask a doctor.

However, from these studies it seems that there are no interactions (at least at the level of cytochrome P450):
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18336052/ (PDF here: https://sci-hub.mksa.top/10.2165/000...00847040-00001)
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21639816/ (PDF here: https://sci-hub.mksa.top/10.1517/17425255.2011.590131)

:tiphat:

That may or may not be an option as most simply don't know. My doctor doesn't support any form of cannabis for treating ailments, and hence hasn't done her own research on the subject. Like my avatar represents, I am a medical user. I'm a diabetic and have been keeping my AIC at 5.1/2 since I started using cannabis (appropriate strains) in the treatment of what ails me <--- (short strokes). Prior to me going on cannabis if I had a reading below 10 I was happy. I had things under control more or less prior to her insisting on putting me on statins for my cholesterol problem. Although my number (old way of figuring out things is 4.2) they now use ratios* There has been no negative effect in my case. My Dr is pleased with me but doesn't want to hear what I am doing. Now I simply smile at her when she mentions it. As a matter of fact, I have decreased the meds I was taking for my diabetes.

* Statins are a leading cause of the development of type 2 diabetes, in otherwise non diabetic/healthy individuals. I told her her statins was causing my A1C to be all over the map and to include the total lost of my legs within 5 weeks on Crestor. I quit he "frigging" statins and my A1C was manageable once again. Within 3 days off the drug my legs returned to full functionality. I went off statins for 6 months and all was well. She insisted on going back on them because of my heart. Well!

When I was 1st asked what I knew about statins I stated they should be avoided like the plague. Nonetheless, she convinced me to go on Lipitor a common drug for cholesterol. Unfortunately, it doesn't react well with grapefruit juice, which I adore and does "naturally" reduce cholesterol. Crestor permits grapefruit juice. That being said... Lipitor caused brain fog!

Statins has nasty side effects and although my Dr says it is in less than 1% of folks, I say fine if you don't form part of THAT 1%. I'm on metformin which is bad for both your liver and kidneys. You do have to take supplements to counteract the side effects. (see video)

She is worried about my heart. One thing that statins do is stops the natural development of the CO enzyme Q10 which is needed for proper health function. Even under metformin (not as bad, you are still producing it but, not at the levels needed. Statins simply stops the production period. I am on another form of statin (a healthy one so I am told) but, it reacts too slow for her liking.

Although she has stated she supports alternate treatments (lip service only), she wants to move me back to either Cestor or Lipitor.

Doctors are victim of the Rockefeller doctrine., where you cure the symptom and not the root cause. Making patients, customers of BP.

The Inside Story of Cannabidiol - What are the Benefits of CBD? https://youtu.be/3bZb10ZxpBk

I was at a NY eve party in 2017. My wife was talking to a mother and her daughter, which stated that her mother was suffering from brain fog after being placed on Lipitor. Since we where going legal in 2018, I never looked back.

After watching the video, it explains the Eastern (Asian) approach to medicine. Treating the cause, not the symptoms! Therefore, depending on "your" doctor's attitude/approach, it could very well be a moot point. Hope this helps :tiphat:

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for all the information Switcher56! ;)

I started with the CBD oil 3 days ago. I'm have 6 drops per day, which I assume might correspond to around 30mg per day. Not worried about the interaction (or liver "competition") between the Cannabidiol and the Levocetirizine. For what I have been reading, investigating and for the important opinions in this thread, I assume it's totally safe to use them together.

Now I have another doubt... How about Proton-Pump Inhibitors like Esomeprazole?

Do you guys have any information?

My doctor told me to try some Esomeprazole to see how it goes in helping with my symptoms and I really wanted to give it a try. But now that I just started with the CBD oil, I have some doubts and any information/opinions about it are more than welcome.

Thanks.

tommy

-

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
A much simpler method (and something I do), when my Dr tells me about a or b, let me get back to you. Then I research the side effects etc... google is your friend. Computers are such a useful tool these days :)

https:https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/esomeprazole-oral-route/side-effects/drg-20074322?p=1

Esomeprazole (Oral Route)

Description and Brand Names

Drug information provided by: IBM Micromedex
US Brand Name
  • NexIUM
Descriptions

Esomeprazole is used to treat conditions where there is too much acid in the stomach. It is used to treat duodenal and gastric ulcers, erosive esophagitis, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), and Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, a condition wherein the stomach produces too much acid. Esomeprazole is also used with antibiotics (eg, amoxicillin, clarithromycin) to treat ulcers that are caused by the H. pylori bacteria. This medicine is also used to prevent stomach ulcers and stomach irritation in patients taking NSAIDs (eg, aspirin, ibuprofen) for long periods of time.

Esomeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI). It works by decreasing the amount of acid that is produced by the stomach.
This medicine is available both over-the-counter (OTC) and with your doctor’s prescription.
This product is available in the following dosage forms:
  • Capsule, Delayed Release
  • Packet
  • Tablet, Delayed Release
Before Using

In deciding to use a medicine, the risks of taking the medicine must be weighed against the good it will do. This is a decision you and your doctor will make. For this medicine, the following should be considered:
Allergies

Tell your doctor if you have ever had any unusual or allergic reaction to this medicine or any other medicines. Also tell your health care professional if you have any other types of allergies, such as to foods, dyes, preservatives, or animals. For non-prescription products, read the label or package ingredients carefully.

Pediatric

Appropriate studies performed to date have not demonstrated pediatric-specific problems that would limit the usefulness of esomeprazole for GERD in children. However, safety and efficacy have not been established for children younger than 1 month of age.
Geriatric

Appropriate studies performed to date have not demonstrated geriatric-specific problems that would limit the usefulness of esomeprazole in the elderly. However, elderly patients are more sensitive to the effects of this medicine than younger adults.
Breastfeeding

There are no adequate studies in women for determining infant risk when using this medication during breastfeeding. Weigh the potential benefits against the potential risks before taking this medication while breastfeeding.
Drug Interactions

Although certain medicines should not be used together at all, in other cases two different medicines may be used together even if an interaction might occur. In these cases, your doctor may want to change the dose, or other precautions may be necessary. When you are taking this medicine, it is especially important that your healthcare professional know if you are taking any of the medicines listed below. The following interactions have been selected on the basis of their potential significance and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Using this medicine with any of the following medicines is not recommended. Your doctor may decide not to treat you with this medication or change some of the other medicines you take.
  • Rilpivirine
Using this medicine with any of the following medicines is usually not recommended, but may be required in some cases. If both medicines are prescribed together, your doctor may change the dose or how often you use one or both of the medicines.
  • Acalabrutinib
  • Amphetamine
  • Atazanavir
  • Benzphetamine
  • Bosutinib
  • Capecitabine
  • Cilostazol
  • Citalopram
  • Clopidogrel
  • Dacomitinib
  • Dasatinib
  • Dextroamphetamine
  • Erlotinib
  • Escitalopram
  • Eslicarbazepine Acetate
  • Gefitinib
  • Ketoconazole
  • Ledipasvir
  • Lisdexamfetamine
  • Methamphetamine
  • Methotrexate
  • Mycophenolate Mofetil
  • Nelfinavir
  • Neratinib
  • Nilotinib
  • Octreotide
  • Pazopanib
  • Pexidartinib
  • Posaconazole
  • Saquinavir
  • Secretin Human
  • Selpercatinib
  • Sunitinib
  • Tacrolimus
  • Thiopental
  • Velpatasvir
  • Vismodegib
Using this medicine with any of the following medicines may cause an increased risk of certain side effects, but using both drugs may be the best treatment for you. If both medicines are prescribed together, your doctor may change the dose or how often you use one or both of the medicines.
  • Levothyroxine
  • Risedronate
  • Voriconazole
  • Warfarin
Other Interactions

Certain medicines should not be used at or around the time of eating food or eating certain types of food since interactions may occur. Using alcohol or tobacco with certain medicines may also cause interactions to occur. The following interactions have been selected on the basis of their potential significance and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Using this medicine with any of the following may cause an increased risk of certain side effects but may be unavoidable in some cases. If used together, your doctor may change the dose or how often you use this medicine, or give you special instructions about the use of food, alcohol, or tobacco.
  • Cranberry
Other Medical Problems

The presence of other medical problems may affect the use of this medicine. Make sure you tell your doctor if you have any other medical problems, especially:
  • Diarrhea or
  • Hypomagnesemia (low magnesium in the blood), history of or
  • Osteoporosis (thinning of the bones) or
  • Seizures, history of or
  • Vitamin B12 deficiency—Use with caution. May make these conditions worse.
  • Liver disease, severe—Use with caution. The effects may be increased because of slower removal of the medicine from the body.
Proper Use

Take this medicine exactly as directed by your doctor. Do not take more of it, do not take it more often, and do not take it for a longer time than your doctor ordered.
This medicine comes with a Medication Guide and patient instructions. Read and follow the instructions carefully. Ask your doctor if you have any questions.

Take this medicine at least 1 hour before a meal and for the full time of treatment, even if you begin to feel better after a few days.
If you are taking this medicine to treat an ulcer caused by an H. pylori infection, take it together with the antibiotics (eg, amoxicillin, clarithromycin) at the same time of day.
To use the capsule:
  • Swallow the capsule whole. Do not crush or chew it.
  • If the capsule cannot be swallowed, open it and sprinkle the contents on one tablespoonful of applesauce.
  • Swallow the mixture right away. Do not chew or crush the granules.
To use the capsule with a nasogastric (NG) tube:
  • Open the capsule and empty the granules into a 60 mL catheter-tipped syringe and mix it with 50 mL of water.
  • Shake the syringe well for 15 seconds.
  • Inject or pour the mixture into the nasogastric tube.
  • Refill the syringe with a small amount of water and shake.
  • Flush the tube to rinse all of the medicine into the stomach.
To use the oral suspension:
  • Empty the contents of a 2.5 mg or 5 mg packet into a container with 5 mL of water.
  • Empty the contents of a 10 mg, 20 mg, or 40 mg packet into a container with 15 mL of water.
  • Stir and leave it for 2 to 3 minutes to thicken.
  • Stir well and drink within 30 minutes.
  • If any medicine remains after drinking, add more water, stir, and drink immediately.
To use the oral suspension with a nasogastric or gastric tube:
  • Add 5 mL of water to a catheter-tipped syringe and add the contents of a 2.5 mg or 5 mg packet.
  • Add 15 mL of water to a catheter-tipped syringe and add the contents of a 10 mg, 20 mg, or 40 mg packet.
  • Shake the syringe right away and leave it for 2 to 3 minutes to thicken.
  • Shake the syringe again and inject or pour the mixture into the tube within 30 minutes.
  • Refill the syringe with 15 mL of water and shake.
  • Flush the tube to rinse all of the medicine into the stomach.
Dosing

The dose of this medicine will be different for different patients. Follow your doctor's orders or the directions on the label. The following information includes only the average doses of this medicine. If your dose is different, do not change it unless your doctor tells you to do so.
The amount of medicine that you take depends on the strength of the medicine. Also, the number of doses you take each day, the time allowed between doses, and the length of time you take the medicine depend on the medical problem for which you are using the medicine.
  • For oral dosage forms (capsules or suspension):
    • To prevent NSAID-associated gastric ulcer:
      • Adults—20 or 40 milligrams (mg) once a day for up to 6 months. Your doctor may adjust your dose if as needed.
      • Children—Use and dose must be determined by your doctor.
    • To treat duodenal ulcers with H. pylori infection:
      • Adults—40 milligrams (mg) once a day for 10 days. The dose is usually taken together with amoxicillin and clarithromycin. Your doctor may adjust your dose as needed.
    • To treat erosive esophagitis:
      • Adults—20 or 40 milligrams (mg) once a day for 4 to 8 weeks. Your doctor may adjust your dose as needed. To prevent erosive esophagitis from coming back, your doctor may want you to take 20 mg once a day for up to 6 months.
      • Children 12 to 17 years of age—20 or 40 milligrams (mg) once a day for 4 to 8 weeks. Your doctor may adjust your dose as needed.
      • Children 1 to 11 years of age and weighing 20 kilograms (kg) or more—10 or 20 mg once a day for 8 weeks. Your doctor may adjust your dose as needed.
      • Children 1 to 11 years of age and weighing less than 20 kg—10 mg once a day for 8 weeks. Your doctor may adjust your dose as needed.
      • Children 1 month to less than 1 year of age and weighing more than 7.5 kg to 12 kg—10 mg once a day for up to 6 weeks. Your doctor may adjust your dose as needed.
      • Children 1 month to less than 1 year of age and weighing more than 5 kg to 7.5 kg—5 mg once a day for up to 6 weeks. Your doctor may adjust your dose as needed.
      • Children 1 month to less than 1 year of age and weighing 3 kg to 5 kg—2.5 mg once a day for up to 6 weeks. Your doctor may adjust your dose as needed.
      • Infants younger than 1 month of age—Use and dose must be determined by your doctor.
    • To treat gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD):
      • Adults—20 milligrams (mg) once a day for 4 weeks. Your doctor may adjust your dose as needed.
      • Children 12 to 17 years of age—20 milligrams (mg) once a day for 4 weeks. Your doctor may adjust your dose as needed.
      • Children 1 to 11 years of age—10 milligrams (mg) once a day for up to 8 weeks. Your doctor may adjust your dose as needed.
      • Children younger than 1 year of age—Use and dose must be determined by your doctor.
    • To treat Zollinger-Ellison syndrome:
      • Adults—40 milligrams (mg) 2 times a day. Your doctor may adjust your dose as needed.
  • For oral dosage form (delayed-release 24 hour capsules):
    • To treat heartburn:
      • Adults—20 milligrams (mg) once a day for 14 days.
Missed Dose

If you miss a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not double doses.
Storage

Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light. Keep from freezing.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Do not keep outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
Ask your healthcare professional how you should dispose of any medicine you do not use.
Precautions

It is very important that your doctor check your or your child's progress at regular visits. This will allow your doctor to see if the medicine is working properly and to decide if you should continue to take it. Blood, urine, and other laboratory tests may be needed to check for unwanted effects. If your condition does not improve, or if it becomes worse, check with your doctor.

This medicine is sometimes given together with amoxicillin (Amoxil®) and clarithromycin (Biaxin®) to treat ulcers caused by H. pylori infection. Be sure you understand the risks and proper use of any other medicines your doctor prescribes.
Check with your doctor right away if you have a change in frequency of urination or amount of urine, blood in the urine, fever, joint pain, loss of appetite, nausea, skin rash, swelling of the body, feet, or ankles, unusual tiredness or weakness, or unusual weight gain after using this medicine. These could be symptoms of a serious kidney problem called acute tubulointerstitial nephritis.
Taking this medicine for a long time may make it harder for your body to absorb vitamin B12. Tell your doctor if you have concerns about vitamin B12 deficiency.
This medicine may cause diarrhea, and in some cases it can be severe. Do not take any medicine to treat diarrhea without first checking with your doctor. Check with your doctor right away if you have a watery stool that does not go away, stomach pain, and fever with this medicine.
This medicine may increase your risk of having fractures of the hip, wrist, and spine. This is more likely if you are 50 years of age and older, use high doses, or use it for one year or more. Call your doctor right away if you have severe bone pain or are unable to walk or sit normally.
This medicine may cause hypomagnesemia (low magnesium in the blood). This is more likely to occur if you are using this medicine for more than one year, or if you are using it together with digoxin (Lanoxin®) or certain diuretics (water pills). Check with your doctor right away if you have convulsions (seizures), a fast, racing, or uneven heartbeat, muscle spasms (tetany), tremors, or unusual tiredness or weakness.
Cutaneous or systemic lupus erythematosus may occur or gets worse in lupus patients and are taking PPI. Call your doctor right away if you or your child have a joint pain or skin rash on your cheeks or arms that gets worse when exposed in the sun.
This medicine may increase your risk for fundic gland polyps (abnormal tissue growth in the upper part of your stomach). This is more likely if you are using this medicine for more than 1 year. Talk to your doctor if you have concerns.
Do not stop using this medicine without first checking with your doctor.
Make sure any doctor or dentist who treats you knows that you or your child are using this medicine. This medicine may affect the results of certain medical tests.
Do not take other medicines unless they have been discussed with your doctor. This includes prescription (eg, clopidogrel, atazanavir, nelfinavir, Plavix®, Reyataz®, Viracept®) or nonprescription (over-the-counter [OTC]) medicines and herbal (eg, St. John's wort) or vitamin supplements.
Side Effects

Along with its needed effects, a medicine may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur:

Incidence not known
  • Blistering, peeling, or loosening of the skin
  • bloating
  • chills
  • constipation
  • cough
  • darkened urine
  • difficulty with swallowing
  • dizziness
  • drowsiness
  • fast heartbeat
  • fever
  • indigestion
  • joint or muscle pain
  • loss of appetite
  • mood or mental changes
  • muscle spasms (tetany) or twitching
  • nausea
  • pains in the stomach, side, or abdomen, possibly radiating to the back
  • puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
  • red skin lesions, often with a purple center
  • red, irritated eyes
  • seizures
  • skin rash, hives, itching
  • sore throat
  • sores, ulcers, or white spots in the mouth or on the lips
  • tightness in the chest
  • trembling
  • unusual tiredness or weakness
  • vomiting
  • yellow eyes or skin
Some side effects may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects. Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
More common
  • Bad, unusual, or unpleasant (after) taste
  • change in taste
Less common
  • Sleepiness or unusual drowsiness
Rare
  • Acne
  • back pain
Incidence not known
  • Agitation
  • dry mouth
  • excess air or gas in the stomach or bowels
  • full feeling
  • hair loss or thinning of the hair
  • muscular weakness
  • passing gas
  • seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not there
  • swelling of the breasts or breast soreness in both females and males
  • swelling or inflammation of the mouth
  • swollen joints
Other side effects not listed may also occur in some patients. If you notice any other effects, check with your healthcare professional.
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Portions of this document last updated: Feb. 01, 2021
Original article: https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-sup...s/drg-20074322
Copyright © 2021 IBM Watson Health. All rights reserved. Information is for End User's use only and may not be sold, redistributed or otherwise used for commercial purposes.

Mayo Clinic Footer

Legal Conditions and Terms

Any use of this site constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy linked below.
Advertising

Mayo Clinic is a nonprofit organization and proceeds from Web advertising help support our mission. Mayo Clinic does not endorse any of the third party products and services advertised.
Reprint Permissions

A single copy of these materials may be reprinted for noncommercial personal use only. "Mayo," "Mayo Clinic," "MayoClinic.org," "Mayo Clinic Healthy Living," and the triple-shield Mayo Clinic logo are trademarks of Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research.

© 1998-2021 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER). Al

That is my 1st hit, I usually evaluate 4 or 5 sites and corroborate/correlate the info.

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Thanks, that's a very complete information about Esomeprazole.

You assume that if there was any important interaction with CBD, it should appear there in the list of drug interactions?

I ask because in my country it wouldn't appear anyway, hehehe... Medical cannabis is already legal (both CBD and THC) but it's all very recent still.

From what I've been reading in the internet, through google, seems like there are some interactions between both but it is not clear if the interactions are significant or just minor interactions that do not interfere with safety. I know it's a very hard and specific question, but if anyone knows more about it, please share.

Thanks again and kind regards,

tommy

-

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Tommy,

"You assume that if there was any important interaction with CBD, it should appear there in the list of drug interactions"?

The short strokes is that there isn't enough "accepted" research on the subject. Like my doctor states, there is no scientific evidence on this or that etc... Well doc, there is if you took the time to look. AAMOF as previously stated the whole subject is "taboo". OTOH, doctors follow the Rockefeller doctrine that sick people are big pharma's customers. (short strokes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bZb10ZxpBk This explains how your body processes CBD.

What is CBD oil? What are the benefits of CBD? How does CBD work? This is The Inside Story of Cannabidiol about the benefits and physiological effects of CBD on the human body. A couple of years ago a remarkable thing happened when CBD oil became legal in all 50 states. If you remove CBD from the THC coming from the cannabis plant or the hemp plant, CBD oil is now legal to use as a nutritional supplement. Since that time of course, the market for cannabis oil has exploded with interest. Truly, CBD is not just another nutritional supplement. This short conversation is going to describe the intense scientific research that is going on around the world on the benefits of CBD, or cannabidiol, and why it is so important for human physiology.

In the video they talk very little about THC, which is a component of cannabis. AAMOF, there is a lot of components, some known and some unknown to the avg Joe.
As stated above CBD has been marketed as a cure all, and nothing would be further from the truth than that statement. It's like I said to my Dr, you are right (CBD not being a cure all) just like there are a variety of pills to treat x, y or z... choosing the appropriate strain of cannabis is key. e.g what's the cannabis strain for treating x, y and z. TBS (that being said), just like medicine (pills) some strains will produce varying effects dependent on your own physiology.

For example, it might have not started there, but Charlotte's Web is what really launched CBD. I have tried it (flower) and it aggravates the living shit out of me, especially when we are in a moon cycle. Not, surprising... Cw was created to prevent epileptic seizures. It had a "purpose". Would you take pills to prevent epilepsy if you are not an epileptic? No! Therefore, what makes you think that taking CBD, specifically designed for the treatment of epilepsy, will help you with x, y or z. Those are the broad strokes.

As my avatar represents, I am a med user. My wife never used (cannabis) still doesn't. When she saw what cannabis did for me, she decided to try some CBD, myself as well. She/we took what was toted as "full spectrum" 99.9% CBD crystals and I made our own oil. I also tried the expensive stuff. Was there some noticeable difference, some, but none compared to full plant extract to include THC. THC plays a role in all this, it is not just the CBD that cures what ails you. There might be varying opinions on that subject but you know which camp I'm in.

Bottom line, when CBD/hemp was legalized, it took off like a bat out of hell (cash cow), especially in the non legal states. All the benefits of CBD vice using cannabis! Well... it may well be all the benefits of CBD but, it is not all the benefits of cannabis, used in treating whatever ails us.

There was a supplement called well Bet-X, which was a blood sugar regulator. IOW, it regulated your blood sugars (think daily cruise control). The product is no longer available. It's no longer on the market. I was taking at one point 17 supplements daily to counteract the side-effects of my diabetes medicine. Outside of vitamins, the only supplement I use these days, is CO-enzyme Q10, naturally occurring in your body (promotes well being of the heart) AAMOF, it is a "necessary" component of a healthy/properly functioning heart. My diabetes meds Mertformin diminish the production of the enzyme, whilst "statins" in general stop the production of it. Cannabis has done the same job as Well Bet-X did. It's stabilized my A1C. Whereas statins had my A1C all over the map, to include but not limited to, a reading under 10 (when I was on statins) was good news. Not! The normal healthy range is 5-7, 2 hours after you have eaten. My doctor is pleased with my A1C but... won't discuss what I am doing to keep it where it is at 5.1-5.3 (3 month avg)

BTW... although I had an MRI to see if I had a tumour on my auditory nerve of my right ear, my ENT doc asked me if I snored and I said yes, I have been told I snore. So he made me an appt with the sleep clinic for sleep apnea. Yes I had it, but no longer have sleep apnea thanks to Gdp and, there was no evidence on the MRI of sleep apnea, where he stated I was sure you had it. When I told him why, he said be careful which doctor you tell this to, because not all my colleagues are as liberal as I. This was the winter of '18 and he stated that he was going to attend a 2 day seminar on the benefits of cannabis for medical use. Yes, I had sleep apnea because I also had the early onset of hypoxia (waking up with headaches. I no longer wake up with headaches and, that was a matter of a couple of weeks of using Gdp. I woke up without headaches or feeling tired. e.g I was finally getting a good nights sleep, still do.

Weed 1,2,3,4 Dr. Sanjay Gupta CNN Medical Marijuana Documentary https://youtu.be/wdQ2q4tWCjw (watch)

In one segment he mentions what a diabetic brain scan looks like . Think of what a steak looks like after you have salted it, white specs everywhere. My brain doesn't have white specs. I had an MRI for another reason, and my ENT doctor mentioned that there was no sign of diabetes in the scan. Was there any before, I don't know.

In Sanjay's vid he talks about the FDA authorized big pharma big pharma to develop Charlotte's Web (read synthetic version). Just like food labels, where the main ingredients are listed in order wrt overall % of what's in it. Same applies to side effects. At the time (of those videos) I researched side effects of Epidiolex and low and behold the top 2:
  • may cause liver failure
  • may cause kidney failure
Those are no longer listed. Of note, I have yet to see any harmful side effects warnings with cannabis use, with the exception of cancer which is more a cause of combustion, than the use of cannabis, although certain strains of cannabis contain anti-oxidants. Being a non-smoker since 2010, I can vouched for the later. Anyone who makes the false claim that it is tobacco that causes cancer would be lying to you. It is combustion that is the enemy. I use mari-pills and vape my cannabis.

As you can see, it is not as simple as you thought good buddy. Hopefully this blurb will help. I have demonstrated how I went about doing my research on the subject. You have been provided with the tools on how to go about it. The rest is up to you :) Hope this helps :tiphat:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Hi folks not long ago i read here that a user had to take his daddy to hospital after mixing cbd with warfarin. If u do a google.scholar search some papers are out there about cytochrome p450 inhibitor of cbd

https://greenhealthdocs.com/is-marijuana-a-blood-thinner/ IAW he could have given himself a double wammy :(

Warfarin is the active ingredient in "rat poison". The catalyst however in the "poison's pellets" is that it contains minute glass chards that lacerate from asshole to appetite for the lack of a batter word, causing internal bleeding, which in turn is promoted and sustained by the warfarin.

Even folks on warfarin need to be careful wrt injury that causes bleeding, regardless whether consuming cannabis or its by-products (CBD).

... as time goes by and research advances I believe we will see the true potential of cannabis and potential downfalls if any, of medical cannabis use. e.g many believe that smoking cannabis is not as harmful as cigarettes. It's combustion is it not?

MaleeSince

Yes, you can mix them with food or drinks. I would still not recommend mixing it with alcohol or heavy food, but it’s possible.
The manufacturer’s website https://weedofficials.com/ says that you can add oil to the food or beverage of your choice. So, it’s officially not banned. But you should notice how your body reacts to the oil and consider that too. Maybe you feel nauseous, and having a full stomach would not be a good idea. It looks like it’s all individual, just like the dose you might want to take. Eating before taking oil might make the effect milder.

Last edited: