What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CBD Crew OG Kush: what is the origin?

OlympusMons

Hi all you OG fans,

I'm curious about the CBD Crew OG Kush. I've posted over in the MNS forums, but I'm curious if anyone here knows which cut their OG Kush comes from. MNS doesn't carry it (and I don't think ever has), and Resin Seeds, who I think is a partner, doesn't have it either that I've seen. Anyone have better info than I do? I'd like to see a grow journal to know how to help grow that strain out with the greatest chance of success.

So, anyone know the source of its genetics?

Cheers,

OlympusMons :thank you:

ganjic

I have no idea what cut they used but here are my 2 plants. They are 9 days into 12/12.

CBD Crew - OG Kush 1
picture.php

CBD Crew - OG Kush 2
picture.php

CBD2 Closeup
picture.php

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Hi all you OG fans,

I'm curious about the CBD Crew OG Kush. I've posted over in the MNS forums, but I'm curious if anyone here knows which cut their OG Kush comes from. MNS doesn't carry it (and I don't think ever has), and Resin Seeds, who I think is a partner, doesn't have it either that I've seen. Anyone have better info than I do? I'd like to see a grow journal to know how to help grow that strain out with the greatest chance of success.

So, anyone know the source of its genetics?

Cheers,

OlympusMons :thank you:

Jamie Resin got an "SFV OG Kush" a couple of years ago, I have no idea of what it is as he lied and got evasive about sharing it, told me "I dont know if i am allowed to share it" ... So no idea if it is real or not

Scott I guess got upset at all the attention that OG was getting stateside, so started and tried to spread the rumour that "OGK is genetically modified" in order to stop the Yanks from smoking it and get them buying MNS seed packs. That ruse did not work out too well.

Neither are people whose work or word I trust at all

They have also managed to upset and split from the nice guy who was doing most of the actual work for them ...who now is elsewhere

CannaZen

Is it the Scott that I'm thinking of? That is an interesting bit of information ChaosCatalunya, coming from an outside cannabis enthusiast.

Further off-topic but
It's tiring to see people fear mongering over 'GMO' as the result of monsanto, Do they not know evolution is through mutation?.. *shakes head* What a craze.

-CannaZen, Genetically modified as mutation naturally occurs within the individual human genome (IIRC).

Last edited:

Morphote

Veteran
Scott I guess got upset at all the attention that OG was getting stateside, so started and tried to spread the rumour that "OGK is genetically modified" in order to stop the Yanks from smoking it and get them buying MNS seed packs.

Doesn't sound like him. Do you have a link to support your accusations?

M.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Doesn't sound like him. Do you have a link to support your accusations?

M.

Ufff, no, sorry I dont keep a library of links to support such tidbits, I should do, it would be very handt at times...

I saw it mentioned here and / or MNS about 3 years ago, maybe more. To me it fitted in with the pattern of his "everything decent you have ever smoked is thanks to me" pronouncements. He seems to be rarely directly confrontational, but does drop "little hints" primed for the assembled faithful to run off and repeat ad infinitum

GoatCheese

Veteran
Here are my 2 plants at day 60.

CBD OG Kush 1
View Image

CBD OG Kush 1
View Image

CBD OG Kush 2
View Image

CBD OG Kush 2
View Image
Nice.
How do they smell?

I just harvested my CBD Critical Kush and it has lovely tangerine smell from Shanti's CBD-genetics (..it has Soma's NYCD in it)

Have you already read this article, it's a nice one.
..so that you have better idea on what're growing.

CBD Wave: first decade (2004 – 2014)http://www.cannabis.info/gb/abc/10002293-cbd-wave-first-decade-2004-2014

Write a few notes on the effect when you get to try them, ok.
:)

GoatCheese

Veteran
Hey. They smell very much of pine/pinesol.

That pine is quite nice in the smoke. I get some of that from my Critical Cure.
I had a Northern Light pheno of Motarebel's Gordy's Spice #18 and it had exactly the same pine taste. Very full pine taste. Pine/juniper kinda floral.

I kinda like these CBD-rich strains with lil THC in them. Nice and clear effect, not too drug-y but still you get a little buzz from the THC. Nice morning smoke for everyday use if you don't want to smoke anything that strong and want to function quite normally.

Now the fun begins when you start smoking THC-only smokes afterwards ..it kinda feels like you have been smoking hash or eating cannabis; there's nice calm balancing base from the earlier CBD, but sure the smoke won't hit you as hard because of the CBD.
But then when you smoke "shit loads" it's funny how your head stays clearer than normal; you're not that "high" and baked after such a heavy session, but you still get to feel the other psychedelic effects of cannabis and your body feels quite "smoked out" and might not function so sharply any more. Ton of fun!:biggrin:

IT was my first time smoking CBD-rich stuff yesterday and I had to kinda "over indulge" and see what happens and i liked how some CBD affects a heavy smoking session.

I was smoking some X18 Pakistani and it was clearly noticeable how the earlier CBD shaved off some of the over-powering effect or anxiety i get from X18. Much more comfortable, esp with higher dosage.

Got me to thinking that this way i might get to enjoy sativas a little more, cause i'm not a fan of that edgy/racy high some sativas have.
:)