What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CBD Cream for Pain?

Okay so I've heard so much about this, asked my friends, and googled it but I have arthritis on my ankle. One of my friends told me to get CBD cream but I'm not sure if it actually works? Has anyone tried this? Thanks!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Indeed it works!
I've made a balm/salve with bees wax/coconut oil, infusing with arnica and frankincense (both anti inflammatory) and essential oil like lavender, rose oil, lemon grass. Works great!

Steep CBD material in a cheese cloth w/ water and oil., slow cooker 6-8 hrs. Refrigerate, then pop off the oil solidified, add beeswax (1/4 amount of oil solid). Add essential oils and pour into container.

My 80-90 y.o. clients or those in construction (hand arthritis) say it's great! I use it on hands/ankles from arthritis.

Good luck!

Last edited:

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
Okay so I've heard so much about this, asked my friends, and googled it but I have arthritis on my ankle. One of my friends told me to get CBD cream but I'm not sure if it actually works? Has anyone tried this? Thanks!
I use Harlequin, grape seed oil (better skin absorption) and bees wax. 1cup grape seed oil to 1oz bees wax. I have an oil infuser and use 10g per cup of oil.

EsterEssence

Veteran
I have neuropathy and my feet burn at night, I use CBD cream on them. My right foot is worse than my left, the different CBD creams I have tried take the pain away, it takes a few minutes to feel the relief and generally last’s about an hour or two.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use Harlequin, grape seed oil (better skin absorption) and bees wax. 1cup grape seed oil to 1oz bees wax. I have an oil infuser and use 10g per cup of oil.

Yeah, grapeseed oil works....olive oil, coconut....they're all good.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
Yeah, grapeseed oil works....olive oil, coconut....they're all good.
Agreed but... the best absorption rate still comes from grape seed, then coconut and finally olive oil. In all fairness though, folks have been using olive oil as a vessel for all kinds of stuff.

Indeed it works!
I've made a balm/salve with bees wax/coconut oil, infusing with arnica and frankincense (both anti inflammatory) and essential oil like lavender, rose oil, lemon grass. Works great!

Sttep CBD material in a cheese cloth w/ water and oil., slow cooker 6-8 hrs. Refrigerate, then pop off the oil solidified, add beeswax (1/4 amount of oil solid). Add essential oils and pour into container.

My 80-90 y.o. clients or those in construction (hand arthritis) say it's great! I use it on hands/ankles from arthritis.

Good luck!

Omggg thanks so much! I was just gonna buy something random off amazon or something but making your own sounds fun! Whats the difference between buying it and making your own? It is more effective?

I have neuropathy and my feet burn at night, I use CBD cream on them. My right foot is worse than my left, the different CBD creams I have tried take the pain away, it takes a few minutes to feel the relief and generally last’s about an hour or two.

Which are the creams have you tried? or did you make your own?

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
Omggg thanks so much! I was just gonna buy something random off amazon or something but making your own sounds fun! Whats the difference between buying it and making your own? It is more effective?
You actually know WHAT it contains :tiphat:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Some have chemical fillers. Making your own, YOU decide how it's made!

pumpkinpie eyes

Veteran
Agreed but... the best absorption rate still comes from grape seed, then coconut and finally olive oil. In all fairness though, folks have been using olive oil as a vessel for all kinds of stuff.

fractionated oil the best for dermis absorption.
'Virgin coconut oil is less processed so it maintains lauric acid and other long-chain fatty acids. Fractionated coconut oil stays liquid in form, even in lower temperatures. Fractionated coconut oil is less likely to clog pores or cause breakouts. Fractionated coconut oil is more easily absorbed by the skin.'

ask the old folkz.

T

Teddybrae

Hello Aridbud ... I have some Mataro Blue ... what quantity of this material is needed to make, say, a jar full of final product?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello Aridbud ... I have some Mataro Blue ... what quantity of this material is needed to make, say, a jar full of final product?

Check this recipe out. I don't decarb prior as slow cooker heats it (on low). Maybe try a batch decarb and non decarbed to see the difference.

My elder clients, myself, others have found relief.

https://homesteadandchill.com/how-to-make-cannabis-salve/

https://ondello.myshopify.com/blogs/articles/how-to-make-marijuana-coconut-oil-recipe

I wrap cannabis/bud/leaf, smaller stems in cheesecloth like a burrito so save straining at the end.

Fill slow cooker 1/2 with water 1-1.5 cups solid coconut oil, a little olive or grapeseed oil (4-6 TBS).....set on low and cook 5-8 hrs. lift cheesecloth bundle. When cool enough, wring it out. Place cooker in refridge to solidify solid, pour out water. Than add beeswax, essential oil, pour into jars.

carnalrekt

This is interesting...Is there a way to infuse Grapeseed using flowers? I usually use coconut oil/butter so I can separate the fat in the fridge.. I cant imagine grapeseed oil would form a raft but I might be wrong

zipizape

El aceite de oliva virgen extra tiene un componente llamado oleocanthal, es un potente antiinflamatorio natural, por lo que para artritis junto con el cbd potencia su efecto, lo puedes ingerir de forma sublingual o masajes en la zona dolorida.