What's new

Cardboard box?

G

In my opinion it would look the stealthiest but I mean is it possible? :pointlaug

Like would the cardboard box like grow mold or some shit? Rubbermaids, Wood cabinets, you can grow in those so I'm just curious. If anyones done th is before with sucess. I got a great box ehhehe looking at pc boxes and ughhhhh I dont want to pay 80 dollars for a big one or even 30 for that matter :dueling:

sm0kateer4204

Veteran
i'd rather use a card board box than a rubber maid tub. in my humble opinion they were the biggest pain in the ass to use.

G

Floros in a cardboard 12/12 from begining hmmm I wonder if it would start a fire damn thats scary!

leroymmj

I use one for veg and a big one for flower. I line it all with tin-foil and then mylar and keep all electrical away from everything. I make sure to keep it safe.

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
maybe after reading this little artical you'll reconsider the card board box idea esp with a hps in it dang

Fireproofing your grow area http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=24347 pls do read this it's very well written by some1 who say he's a I am a master electrician and master carpenter. In the building business there are a number of measures taken to avoid fire in a home and then to contain a fire should one break out.

now after reading you'll believe him because fire in the grow is our wrost nightmare even new equipment can go faulty. this is why also some1 should be with the grow at all times smoke alarms inside and out of the grow will let the person watchn something is wrong. and hopefully they should be abel to have any problem under control so FD wont be needed. a fire caused by your grow up isnt covered under your home owners ins policy, and if your renting dont be a yo yo and burn down some1 elses home

leroymmj

I eat and sleep with it. It's in my room. I'm disabled, no work. But I agree whole-heartedly. Safety-first.

i have a grow tub (4- 42 watt cfls) and before i installed my fans and seperated the lights from the chamber it was hot as hell in there even with a 10" box fan blowing inside. those cfls may seem less hotter than the hps lights but let me tell you they got hot enough not to touch. i seen on ICMag some where where i guy had one of those c22 cabinets (i think thats what they are called) like from home depot or walmart.... whatever the bigger white ones are. and he made a bunch of cardboard boxes to look like they were just stacked up but they werent full size and it was like a dumby wall hiding the cabnet. i think like other pople have said and cardboard + lights = FIRE!!!

sm0kateer4204

Veteran
i think it could be made safe. if the grower inserted wooden beam's along the cardboard wall's to support weight of hanging bulb's. also make sure you have something to catch the run off from watering your plant's. i remember seeing a thread somewhere a guy built a wooden box. but he kept the wooden box inside of a cardboard box to make it look quite stealthy.

watermelon

i keep wanting to do this, but everytime i go to do it i decide the box i have just isnt big enough. i have a massive tv box that would be great, but this thing is huge, i reckon i could get three of me in there. its just too big to ever be stealthy.

i think it would probably be safe as long as it was structurely sound and it didnt get wet. fire is only a concern if it gets too hot, but anyone with any sense will make sure to provide adequate cooling.

G

Yeah it is possible im sure. Just I cant risk my house burning down for a micro grow in a cardboard box lol....

I'm moving in the next week and I went to my moms house today and she has 2 speakers she doesnt want so I'm gonna use those as opposed to the cardboard box. Great input friends...

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
right on yall been fore warned personally i would go and get a smaller cab like a bath room vanity or something

My friend and I had an idea of a false front dresser divided in half and using the drawer fronts to make it look real, but i havent found the right dresser yet.