What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can't shake manganese deficiency.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You must be patient when having plant deficiencies. .. Check your ph/ec runoff, should be 5.8-6.3 ph... EC should be close to what you feed. Never let the ph drop below 5.5. I don't see any test of what your ec/ppm run off is?. When the EC is high the PH will be low. It can take a lot to flush that excess out.

Soils with excessive nutrients are hard to fix. I've found a complete root wash and repot in new soil is the fastest way to recovery. You must be patient. The roots need time to recover and start taking in the needed nutrients that she couldn't uptake before. After you repot you must leave her be until the soil has dried enough to need another feed. Plants must have a proper wet/dry cycle. This can take 4-7 days before you need to feed. An easy way to tell is by container weight.

linde

Flush them suckers good and dump the runoff. Then flush them again. pH drop causes soil to build up and become toxic. Almost always the case when I see yellow plants like that. Low pH. You can almost bet it.

Sativant

Just looking at the photo above I see that your pH is very high, probably from using tap water or well water. When you have so much hydroxyl content in the soil the plant will have problems taking micronutrients.
Yes- I'm disappointed that our well water is no longer good for growing. I'm going to rig up a rainwater system - only just possible (maybe) with warmer weather, so the cistern doesn't freeze.

Sativant

You must be patient when having plant deficiencies. .. Check your ph/ec runoff, should be 5.8-6.3 ph... EC should be close to what you feed. Never let the ph drop below 5.5. I don't see any test of what your ec/ppm run off is?. When the EC is high the PH will be low. It can take a lot to flush that excess out.

Soils with excessive nutrients are hard to fix. I've found a complete root wash and repot in new soil is the fastest way to recovery. You must be patient. The roots need time to recover and start taking in the needed nutrients that she couldn't uptake before. After you repot you must leave her be until the soil has dried enough to need another feed. Plants must have a proper wet/dry cycle. This can take 4-7 days before you need to feed. An easy way to tell is by container weight.
Runoff was over 7 when flushing at ph6. Soil ph was high.

Sativant

Too patient- I should have posted here a ling time ago !

Latest posts

Latest posts