What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannis buds best schedule light for quality ad quantity?

Sorrendom

Hi, i'm doing a little reading and research about plant phisiology and metabolism. Below there is an attachment with the main topics. Anyway i 'm confused about what i' m reading and suggested light schedule. For instance, autofowering is generally 20/4. But this offer imho too little night rest to the plant for energy production, doesn't have this consequences on the qualitity or quality of buds?
Or maybe this is an empiric rule from observation of the plant responce? For instance, lowering night hours have as consequence a few sugars breakdown for energy, so best bud fattening in the end. Thx
Screenshot_20230616_230909_Drive.jpg

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Good observation friend. When you are talking about an autoflower ruderalis you are talking about a wild runaway that broke all the rules. The ruderalis can survive with a 4 hr or 12 hr nighttime photoperiod using generation adaptation. This plant makes acceptions to what ever-growing environment it finds its self in. So it kind of breaks botanist rules.

Botanists named it “ruderalis” (the word “ruderal” meaning something that grows on waste ground or among rubbish) to classify it as a type of cannabis plant with a weedy nature that escaped human cultivation and adapted to the extreme environments found in these climates. Google

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I don't think any light cycle can make autoflowers any better. The Rudralis is in there and that's what ruins it.

They have their place outdoors or people that just need to grow plants but that's about it.

WingzHauser

The plant knows the exact length of day/night and will adjust carb depletion accordingly. Carbs deplete at dawn and proteolysis begins shortly thereafter. You can steer this with an single hour of day light extension.

Photosynthates are not the end goal of plant metabolomism. If I chop in the morning when carbs are low, the things that carbs have turned into are high. "Carbs breaking down" is synonymous with continued metabolism. "Carbs turning into carboxylics" is what's happening in bloom.

In other words 4 hours is long enough if that has been the night cycle of the plant for its entire life. The circadian rhythm of Cannabis adjusts to day length.

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
Hi, i'm doing a little reading and research about plant phisiology and metabolism. Below there is an attachment with the main topics. Anyway i 'm confused about what i' m reading and suggested light schedule. For instance, autofowering is generally 20/4. But this offer imho too little night rest to the plant for energy production, doesn't have this consequences on the qualitity or quality of buds?
Or maybe this is an empiric rule from observation of the plant responce? For instance, lowering night hours have as consequence a few sugars breakdown for energy, so best bud fattening in the end. Thx View attachment 18854980
personally I've noticed 16 hours is best for autoflowering, but then again, it might have to do with medium, nutrients and temperature

Latest posts

Latest posts