What's new

Cannabiz Crowdfunding

Crytycl

Has anyone had any experience with the new oregon crowdfunding program. In the past month Ive been approached by 2 dispensaries and a farm with offerings. Neither of the dispensary options seemed worth bothering with, in fact one is looking for a new location now after I disqualified their current intended location. The farm, I was a bit disappointed that this crowdfund thing has such a low investment ceiling. Though I guess the idea is that 10 $2500 investments are less likely to lose your savings than a single $25k investment.

Anyway I was just curious what anyone else who had looked at one of these deals thought.

Heres the pertinent program info if youve never seen nor heard of it

http://www.dfcs.oregon.gov/securities/raise_capital.html

[SIZE=-1]New rules allow Oregon-based companies to raise up to $250,000 from Oregon investors to start new businesses or fund existing operations. Like the renewable energy exemption, this rule allows the sale of these investments without registration or licensing a salesperson.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]To use the exemption, the company must meet requirements such as:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=-1]The company must be registered and doing business in Oregon and the securities can be offered only to Oregon residents.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1]The company can provide limited advertising to Oregonians on the investment, and if an Oregon investor wants to learn more, the company must provide formal disclosures. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1]An investor must receive and review the disclosure documents before an investment decision becomes final. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1]No single investor can invest more than $2,500 in any one investment. [/SIZE]