What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis Cream / Topical Recipe

@peace

@blondie My understanding re getting high matches what @goingrey posted. When I was making it the first time it was because I was trying to find a way to control chronic migraines without having to get high and the research I found showed that it would not pass through the dermal layer. Unfortunately this cream did not help with my migraine symptoms at all, so I just settled on micro dosing sativa tincture instead. The damage from radiation may be allowing for a different type of effect. I have been using some on a "pre cancerous" skin lesion I have from sun damage and have not noticed any high effects but the damage is in no way similar to what radiation would do. So you may have discovered something.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
My first trial today for arthritis is not encouraging. I mixed it 50% with a heavy Indica (Pink Kush) and 50% with a Sativa ((a racy Thai-leaning Zamaldelica). I rubbed several coats on my thumb/hand joint over the course of an hour with no effect. No tingling, numbing or pain reduction. I will give it another go tomorrow.

blondie

Actually the story is I’m not the cancer patient, my other half is. The other story is I have a rare condition and generally odd health. I wanted to try this on elbow joint pain, back pain, shoulder pain, and this mystery pain doctors can’t figure out. It may have helped with the back pain or it was coincidental.

The sensation I get is not in the same galaxy as hitting the pipe. It’s also not like edibles. Something like small waves of mild but quick body tingling and a feeling as if energy is trying to escape from my head. Maybe close to my head is buzzing. I very much do realize how extremely nutty this sounds. However... it’s only a description of a sensation I’m trying to convey. I’ve also had a pile of gummies o_O

goingrey

My first trial today for arthritis is not encouraging. I mixed it 50% with a heavy Indica (Pink Kush) and 50% with a Sativa ((a racy Thai-leaning Zamaldelica). I rubbed several coats on my thumb/hand joint over the course of an hour with no effect. No tingling, numbing or pain reduction. I will give it another go tomorrow.
That's a shame. I tried it for some muscle pains and feel that it did alleviate the pain but did not remove it, and was a somewhat short effect.

Maybe using a strain high in CBD would help with arthritis? This survey by the Arthritis Foundation had 94% of respondents who used it say they experienced reduced pain from CBD. 55% were using topical products.

Actually the story is I’m not the cancer patient, my other half is. The other story is I have a rare condition and generally odd health. I wanted to try this on elbow joint pain, back pain, shoulder pain, and this mystery pain doctors can’t figure out. It may have helped with the back pain or it was coincidental.

The sensation I get is not in the same galaxy as hitting the pipe. It’s also not like edibles. Something like small waves of mild but quick body tingling and a feeling as if energy is trying to escape from my head. Maybe close to my head is buzzing. I very much do realize how extremely nutty this sounds. However... it’s only a description of a sensation I’m trying to convey. I’ve also had a pile of gummies o_O
Could it be that there are some water soluble terpenes or other compounds in the strain you used that are either mildly psychoactive or modulating some residual THC in your system?

@peace

I am sorry to hear that. I used to give some to a neighbour for a degenerative issue in his low back. He felt it helped a bit but that edibles were better, he was in bad pain and had to hobble to walk. I was hoping that it would help you, Naproxen can be hard on the stomach, hopefully the Dr. gave you the coated version.

blondie

Issues with my back are some type of degenerative disc disease and I think it does help some. I’m going to do 50/50 with cbd when my plant is done in the fall. Reading around it seems thc and cbd together are more effective. I don’t know if this is accurate.

The strain I used is called copper orgi from Briscos bargain beans. No clue the heritage or terpenes. Not much about it. It was a cheap bunch of beans I threw outside a few years ago. Not even sure this strain is still around.

Goinggrey you might be right. I do Usually have thc in my system and maybe this is somehow synergistic. Slightly funny story, at one ER visit they kept asking me about drug use and tested me. The report said my thc level was off the charts. So... maybe.

Tobedeterimined I hope it works out for you. Sorry to hear it’s not helping yet.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I gave the cream a good trial yesterday. Starting when I got up at 5 am :eek: , I put the cream on every hour for 8 hours. I applied it generously and I left it gooped on for 5 minutes before wiping it off so I could function. No effect, unfortunately. But it was worth the effort imho.

My neighbour (the Sri Lankan & not the terrorist on the other side of me) has asked my wife for my throwaway leaves when I harvest to make something or other, so I am going to offer her this 'real' cream to try.

Thanks again for the recipe,

blondie

I gave the cream a good trial yesterday. Starting when I got up at 5 am :eek: , I put the cream on every hour for 8 hours. I applied it generously and I left it gooped on for 5 minutes before wiping it off so I could function. No effect, unfortunately. But it was worth the effort imho.

My neighbour (the Sri Lankan & not the terrorist on the other side of me) has asked my wife for my throwaway leaves when I harvest to make something or other, so I am going to offer her this 'real' cream to try.

Thanks again for the recipe,
I laughed hard this morning at your terrorist comment. Then it dawned on me it may not be a laughing matter. One of my neighbors is a real dick fuck, but not a terrorist. Back on track to this thread, sorry to hear it didn’t work out. I’m going to keep putting on my lower back. I will try to remember update this thread when I do a cbd run this fall.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Then it dawned on me it may not be a laughing matter. One of my neighbors is a real dick fuck, but not a terrorist.

I won't bog down this great thread with the long sordid tale of my war with next door. But I am glad you laughed . . . I do a lot of that too. ;)

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
The cream is showing real effectiveness for contact dermatitis.

My wife developed an itchy rash over the last few weeks that is driving her crazy. The cream seems to kill the itch within a few hours after application. Permanently. The spots remain for a while but the itch is gone!

edit: spelling

Last edited:

blondie

I’ve been very liberally using this now on the radiated skin in conjunction with recommended lotion. I do think the skin is a little less dark. Its very difficult to tell if this is doing anything or not though. I do believe at a minimal,it’s moisturizing the skin and helping. I’ve also been putting on my lower back and the back is improved. It’s nit clear if this is helping in that or just time. My jar is getting low now and radiation treatment is nearly done. I’m about done with this round and am still planning to make CBD lotion this fall.

Reactions: Cvh

blondie

Just finished making a batch with Dutch passion charlottes angel, purportedly with about 15% cbd. Not sure the level in my plant though. The pain in my body has increased significantly the last few weeks, reminding me of this thread. I believe I’m dealing with nerve pain and so far nothing has seemed to help. I can’t tell yet if this ointment works with cbd yet. I used about 9 grams of cbd and about 4 of an indica strain called nutter budder. This was cooked in my instapot and then a half cup of olive oil was added. I had run out of coconut oil. The end result is a bit “looser”. I’ll update when I have an answer about if it works.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Revegetta posted another way he makes olive oil concentrate in the Pakistani Chitral Kush thread. He actually take

"I do decarb it in a vacuum sealed bag, in boiling water, for around 40 min. Then I heat the oil in a double boiler and keep it between 93-98°C for 4 hours. You don't need to keep it in the fridge, oil is a great conservant. "

May try to make some of this for some small spots to see if it helps a skin condition, psoriasis. CBD and callendula balm in Coconut oil didn't help much, but haven't fully tested it yet.

blondie

This morning after an overnight in the fridge it hardened nicely. I forgot I took a few pictures so here they are.

@revegeta666

The instapot method for decarb is so simple and clean. No need for vacuum bags, boiling water or double boilers. Grind into small mason jar, screw the lid down, put the jar in your instapot, add some water to the bottom, pressure cook an hour, add oil, pressure cook another hour. Done. No muss no fuss. You can adjust your times as desired. It’s about the same as the boiling method, about 220F according to what I have read. You can reuse the mason jar obviously.

Also, I read a link that said cbda is stronger than cbd. Some plants have cbda and over time it breaks down into cbd. I myself see no need to decarb plants high in cbda. This idea is on my radar and I hope to be eating fresh picked cbda.

Good health to everyone.

Attachments

• 7147E9A1-CB88-4FAC-9CAF-020A346DD186.jpeg
    7147E9A1-CB88-4FAC-9CAF-020A346DD186.jpeg
    663.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 8141BC10-F235-4EB1-867B-5051B4943175.jpeg
    8141BC10-F235-4EB1-867B-5051B4943175.jpeg
    684.4 KB · Views: 56

MrHamilton

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I haven’t seen it posted on here, but I have found that adding at least a tbsp of lecithin to my topicals keeps everything emulsified. It’s not just for edibles.

Latest posts

Latest posts