What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis Autoflower Genetics for Commercial sized grows

Vandenberg

Modern Auto flower commercial cultivars has made direct sowing year round a reality at 10,000 to 25,000 feminized cannabis plants per acre with avg. 60- 90 day sprout to harvest growth cycles under ideal summeresque type growing conditions, slower in the spring and fall ( temperature, daylight intensities...)
The evolution of Auto flowers has become a revolution with some impressive standouts being discovered.

I have been playing in my growroom with a seed line developed to be " field scale cultivars" for almost a year now that were selected and reselected from many thousands of plants primarily bred outdoors in the fog belt of Half Moon Bay California with mold resistance a primary selection criteria for Atlas Seeds "Top Gun" and the "Fog Dog" strains getting a reputation for finishing up mold free in very challenging humid environments.
Most of these particular strains are backboned on the "3 Bears OG" strain developed by Mephisto that has been re-worked several (5) generations by Atlas and has been renamed by Atlas Seeds to "Mythic OG" as of late 2021.

Atlas seeds sells seeds and started plants in some legal states only to mid- and large scale cannabis farmers.
If you Google " Atlas Seeds" and one of their products name a couple of places that sell smaller quantities to hobby personal growers should pop up.
The "Froot by the foot" and "TriCross" have both proven to be reliable easy to grow 3ft. 100gr+ type plants with a predictable compact plant structure that displays impressive vigor.
​​​​​​All of these were developed for outside field growth in challenging environments, guess what happens indoors with a damn near perfect dialed in 1200 ppm environment in blumat drip, organic fed, plastic airpots under LEDs, let us just say it's a very beautiful thing.

Vandenberg :)
Happy gardening!
​​​​​​

Last edited:

Vandenberg

Feminized Autoflowering Cannabis for Commercial Production
By "Stewart Maxwell

​​​​​
While autoflowering cannabis strains have quickly gained acceptance from hobby gardeners, the opportunities offered by this type of germplasm have been widely neglected by commercial cultivators. Growers are most familiar with short day (SD) heritage cultivars that rely on a change in photoperiod to initiate flowering. In contrast, autoflowering strains are day neutral (DN) and will begin flowering when they are developmentally prepared to do so, regardless of photoperiod.

For outdoor farmers, the DN flowering trait offers several advantages over SD crops. At temperate latitudes, successive crops can be cultivated over a single growing season without the need for light-deprivation infrastructure. At more northern latitudes, all crops can be timed to ripen during the peak solar window, thereby increasing the quality and yield, and enabling harvest before elevated seasonal pathogen pressures occur. Regardless of latitude, the DN flowering trait allows for harvests over an extended period. This enables more efficient use of labor and processing infrastructure and can provide market timing advantages for finished product.
https://www.greenhousegrower.com/cr...oflowering-cannabis-for-commercial-production

bibi40

:wave:

no big farm grower here ...
so certainly no interest for u :biggrin:
what did you sell ? ,
oh yes atlas , i forgot ....
please show us how they perform in a little growbox , lot of interest from my side :shucks:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mostly CBD hemp autos, there are several auto hybrids between 15-20% THC with Atlas. Imagine since it's large scale farming (acres vs. small grow box), it's for terpenes, tinctures, CBD products, THC syrups, etc.
Sisters of the Valley were considering our three auto CBD hybrids, but got a whiff of Atlas. They'll do a blow out biz in the Central Valley!! Kudos to them!

Vandenberg

I have learned to adore the ease of growing modern autoflower genetics, it hits the easy peasy button for me. I laugh at light leaks now. Hah-hah-hee-hah :)
Most my recent 2021 indoor growing experiences is growing out their line of 15-20-ish % THC hybrid plants.
The ease of trimming up/ processing a plant in 5 to fifteen minutes using a two stage harvesting technique is also attractive to me. I' be spent way to many days trimming weed to enjoy much anymore.

I harvest the large 18-24 inch colas for smoking purposes first from the 36"-40" tall plants and the bottom portion all goes to make the frozen 3 ounce cannabis to a fifth of a gallon of frozen everclear type grain alcohol tincture.
This recipe is Shaken not stirred, per Mr Bonds directions. ;-)

Aridbud, is their a link available to where I could learn more about your genetic offerings?
​​​
Vandenberg :)

P.S.
For educational purposes only.
I couldn't care less if you buy this brand of seeds, personally I would recommend these type of seeds to new medical growers in the interest of simplifying their pursuit of Medicine. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts