What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis and neurodiversity

Craven_au

I Would like to hear from other diverse people like myself as of what are the benefits to (themselves) on consuming cannabis.

And if you don't mind what is your diversity?

Given it's my thread I should go first.

Boy where to start being Dyslexic having auditory dyslexia to be precise with mild APD audio processing disorder with Epilepsy on top, to say live hasn't been eazy would be an understatement, dealing with stress, anxiety, headaches, PTSD for the majority of my life even before coming down with epilepsy in my mid 20s.

I started smoking with friends in my teens like most but only for teenagers peer pressure and your typical rebellious nature of being Divergent. Not so much for the medicinal benefits of cannabis to start with.

We all know Epilepsy is big topic and it has been used to sell cannabis and CBD oil as a magic cure/treatment to epilepsy but anyone with epileptic knows better with CBD oil and medical marijuana only stopping seizures in a small number/percentage of us. Mostly children that I'm aware of. Just like any AED antiepileptic drug each to their own trialing over a dozen different drugs and herbal medications over the last 20 years to find what works best for me. This battle will never end with the potential that all drugs AEDs have negative side effects and the body's ability to gain resistance to medications causing breakouts. Given epilepsy runs genetically my family it's a big No that cannabis use caused my seizures, never having a seizure when smoking. In fact when I stopped using cannabis for work did I have my first tonic chronic seizure aka grand Mal seizure. But still that is no evidence to support that cannabis will stop or prevent my seizures today. Once medicinal marijuana becomes legal I will have to give this a good try as the cost in Australia is out weighing is benefits both financially and illegally.

Given that a small amount of cannabis goes a long way with me, I don't need much THC at all to feel it's benefits. Given that past trials with CBD oil showed no results what so ever for epilepsy, anxiety or even sleep, CBD on it's own having no noticeable positive affects to me, for me, on me I will not be wasting my money on so called 100% CBD oil. I've found ashwagandha to be a better alternative to CBD oil. But that is my preference.

For the treatment of anxiety and mood swings I can think of nothing better then cannabis for helping neurodiverse people with the exception to but with its own addictive properties Valium a Benzodiazepines also known to reduce epileptic seizures in some people.

That about it and thx for reading and any advice or story you would like to share for the the icmag self-help group lol. 🤣

If I missed some punctuation then here u are ,,,,...!!!,,,;;::""'--(()) lol🤣 for you non-dyslexic stoners that give a fuck lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230213_112404_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230213_112404_Facebook.jpg
    299.9 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
FWIW, I am a CBD proponent (avatar says so) LOL. Give CW a whirl (Charlotte's Web). I gave it a whirl and it aggravates the bejesus out of me. Then again, I'm not epileptic.

As far as CBD oils are concerned, it's the snake oil of the millennia for the lack of a better word. It is better to make your own oil from CBD heavy strains to enjoy it's full benefits, and the magic ratio is 2/1. (CBD/THC) That is why folks that don't do cannabis for medicinal reason frown on the fact that the CBD molecules will attach to our neurpo-receptors more readily than THC molecules. That my friends is exactly what "we" want. The medicine and in doing so smoooooths out the ride. :tiphat:

Craven_au

FWIW, I am a CBD proponent (avatar says so) LOL. Give CW a whirl (Charlotte's Web). I gave it a whirl and it aggravates the bejesus out of me. Then again, I'm not epileptic.

As far as CBD oils are concerned, it's the snake oil of the millennia for the lack of a better word. It is better to make your own oil from CBD heavy strains to enjoy it's full benefits, and the magic ratio is 2/1. (CBD/THC) That is why folks that don't do cannabis for medicinal reason frown on the fact that the CBD molecules will attach to our neurpo-receptors more readily than THC molecules. That my friends is exactly what "we" want. The medicine and in doing so smoooooths out the ride. :tiphat:
Can't agree more there is differently a lot of snake oil salesman out there.

I've read it's typical especially with the autistic or anyone the spectrum to have significantly more neurones then the average person making the tolerances dosages significantly different compared to the so called norm. I get very extreme side effects from most meds at even low doses so put myself in this category. I couldn't say there is a magic ratio one that suit everyone. That's why we have different varieties and strength each to their own right.