What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis Allergies

goingrey

Interesting.

"However, in the case of cannabis, it is unlikely that the desired active ingredient is a protein; it is most likely compounds such as THC or related chemicals," he noted. "So synthetic versions are the ideal solution for those with known allergies, but they are probably very expensive."

The legitimization of spice?

RobFromTX

As More People Use Cannabis, Doctors Need to Learn How to Diagnose and Treat Cannabis Allergies​

Its probably a reaction to the garbage some people use to grow it. Years ago I had a friend from the emerald triangle tell me that some of the methheads growing there used their feces and 7-dust to spray on their plants. Picture what that could do to your allergies. Straight from a dopers bumhole to your sinuses:confused:

xet

Could just be the terpene profile. I forget the strain, had a strong lemon to it, but when I was foreman at a large facility and we harvested those plants my whole trim crew of 250 people their eyes would water and get puffy and their nose would be runny, sneezing etc, the whole 10 hour shift. I think our nose and senses can only process so much and if the air is oversaturated with what is basically essential oils and particularly of a certain combination/concentration then it is possible to confuse those symptoms with allergies. When you cut an onion are you crying because you are allergic? Cannabis can have it's own zap to it too.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Some strains also create pollen near harvest, with no easily visible male flowers. Even when dried you will sneeze after opening a jar. :)

Douglas.Curtis

I have issues with rabbit brush and a few other plants in the four corners area here. Rabbit brush blooms all F'ng year round... joy.

Douglas.Curtis

Something I noticed since I began collecting male pollen. I routinely pull the almost open pods off and eat them. Once there are vast numbers about to open I put it where I can collect the pollen.

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
420giveaway
I react to skuff, when i'm touchig the leaf tips with the outside of my hands or the arms and when i'm scratching my skin with resin on the fingers. But i think it depends a bit on the strain too.

BUT, i got a hay fever when i turned 18 and began working in a printing house and i started to consume more cannabis and only 4 or 5 years later my hay fever(birch and other pollen) was nearly gone till today! I read sometimes that the cannabis consume can effect the hay fever to positive so i believe this was it in my case. :) Now i'm allergic to cannabis as a grower. 😄

Cuddles

I keep thinking that many seeds of the strains I want to grow are actually feminized these days. I remember when fem seeds were a fairly new thing, more expensive than regular and kinda rare. I think the guys from Dutch Passion came up with the process? At least they were amongst the first to offer fem seeds.
I´m rambling, sorry.
Anyway, my point is that it is harder to get of pollen sometimes than in the old days... but blimey, I never considered eating it! :)
btw, do bees like pot pollen?

troutman

Seed Whore
btw, do bees like pot pollen?

Yeah, and they were upset when I got rid of the males after they pollinated the females.
I never saw so many bumblebees at one location for over a week's time.

Bumblebee Pollen Thieves

full

full

St. Phatty

I used to get rashes from rubbing against the plants at an indoor grow.

It was all General Hydroponics hydro nutrients + some McLellan high Phosphorus orchid food.