What's new

Canna to Pure Blend Pro..need advice

KillBillbuds

I want to give hydro organic a try. Been using Canna Aqua nutrients to get a little experience with some less expensive seeds before growing out my more "valuable" ones. I've been growing in DWC bubblers(10 & 5 gal) and feel I've gotten a pretty good grasp of things.

My question is will Pure Blend Pro work well in bubblers? I've heard a lot of great things about PBP grows but most have been ebb n flow or something other than bubblers. I'm looking to stay with the DWC bubblers due to spacing and convenience(growing in a C13). Is PBP for me? :confused:

Grow Safe,

KBB

KillBillbuds

Anybody out there with experience using PBP with bubblers? Does PBP need to be recirculated or will the airstones suffice on there own?

G

I used PBP for a good while and loved it. I gave it a try to use with keeping mother plants in a bubble bucket and had nothing but problems with the PH. Then i switched over to soil for the mother plants. As for using PBP for other things like Ebb&Flo. Well i had nothing but awesome results with it. I never got the PH to stay stable in the bubbler. I had to adjust every day and it wasn't worth it. Soil is much better for mother. When i grew Ebb&Flo, the PH was dead on once adjusted and stay very stable. Didn't have any problems and just added water and Nutz as needed. I would dump the rez every week and clean the tank out and load with Fresh PBP and water weekly. I hope this helps yo out some. I loved that stuff and will be using their full line down the road.
Later and good luck
bg

KillBillbuds

GDW, thanks for input. I will consider it for my moms if I can ever expand my stealth operation. Growing in C13s make it difficult for me to use ebb&flow as I don't have the additional spacing for the extra rez.

I wonder why the ph was such an issue with the bubblers? Anybody else with some experience using PBP w/ bubblers?

KBB

KillBillbuds

TK, if you're out there...can you add you input? How will PBP do in a straight bubbler without recirculation? Would it do better if I used a small pump & converted my system to a drip-bubbler? My concerns are rez temps...and now PH based on GoldDustWoman's info. Please advise. Have Canna dialed in but don't want to waste my $$ on PBP if it is not compatible with my system. Thanks for your time.

KBB

G

Weird that PBP gave you PH problems BG. Thats one of their advantages over the other brands. (The PH Buffer) I think any bubbler or bucket system without an external rez will give you that problem, But beyond that I would say the only thing to watch out for with Organics in Bubblers is the Sediment that sits at the bottom. Whatever is'nt dissolved into the Water will sink to the bottom. So what I say is to have plenty of movement in the Rez to keep things dissolved because if not, Whatever sits in the bottom cannot be assimilated because its still a solid. When dealing with hydro, Stable nutrient solution is the key. Oh yah and Oxygen lots and lots of oxygen.

Blatant :wave:

KillBillbuds

Thanks Blatant. A small powerhead would probably keep things mixed well provide plenty of oxygen with the bubblestones. I just don't want to add more heat to the rez...especially with the hot months coming.

I've been using canna without an external rez & I haven't had any Ph issues. I just don't want to spend the money & get PBP, and not have it work in my system.

Texas Kid, is there anything you could share?

KBB

Einsteinguy

I put a power jet in my res.I run once or twice a day to really stir things up and add oxygen. I cannot let run constantly because it heats up my nutes.
I just turn it on when I want to stir things up. Works great during res change to to get everything moving.

Einstein :wave:

G

Bubbles = constantly rising PH... it's the nature of the beast. You will always be bringing it down a bit.

I've used GH Lucas formula and PBP... PBP was much easier to maintain. It also tastes better... in my opinion.

I'm running PBP in and ebb & flow setup now but will I'll probably run a few tubs again very soon...

G

guest3854

I love the results using a synthetic and and organic fert. i.e. what I currently use AN 2+ , Big Bud , carboload , Overdrive , and Cal - Mag for synth; and Fox Farms Big Bloom and Earth Juice Catalyst for organics . I have found anything in thicker consistincy than these organics will cause clogging and could result in crop failure if using 1/4 tubing .
When I had tried PBP , found it produced fine tasting herb but sacrifced yeild .

Last edited:
G

I'm currently running a PBP grow in a dwc. From what I've learned on various sites through the net, PBP needs to be agitated quite a bit. Powerheads seem to be working very well for me. I've had zero ph problems in th 10 days of my use. (There's your grain of salt :smile: )

Like Maistre said above, bubblers = rising ph. Try switching to a powerhead. I'm using a penguin power head with an open sponge prefilter that I picked up at Petsmart.

Here's a link to what I found on line>> http://www.aquariumguys.com/penguin660.html

Try and find the ones that have an open sponge filter. I feel they help the power head last longer, and you can clean them or get replacement filters. Plus, it might give another place for the good guys to hang out ;)

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
UMM power head I wonder? Good for you but remember Liquid Karma is thick depending on the style of your filter if you use a filter you might want to check and see if it is catching anything. I myself have always not used a filter on my heads but thats just me. I can see your girls are looking much much better. Positive karma is cool.

Mr.Wags

G

mrwags said:
UMM power head I wonder? Good for you but remember Liquid Karma is thick depending on the style of your filter if you use a filter you might want to check and see if it is catching anything. I myself have always not used a filter on my heads but thats just me. I can see your girls are looking much much better. Positive karma is cool.

Mr.Wags
I know it's thick, and needs to be stirred constantly. The whole reason I went with a powerhead with a filter (It's a pretty open filter), is because I've had a couple of power heads fail on me when they suck roots up into the impeller. Hopefully, this will no longer happen.

I just went and checked on them, and the filters are completely clear. They are fairly easy to clean too, in case they get gunked up.

:hotbounce:

KillBillbuds

Got Bud, looks like ya got the hang of things with PBP. Checked out your thread...lookin good! :canabis:

I've made the transition from Canna to PBP! Easy as pie! I'm using PBP, liquid karma, cal-mag, cannazyme, Pk13-14, protekt, & budswell. Hardly any Ph fluctuations except at low nutrient levels like used with seedlings or clones.

Here's my current indoor grow of Vietnamese Black x Highland Nepalese F2's gifted to me.

PBP working well! :D :yes:

G

GOT_BUD? said:
I know it's thick, and needs to be stirred constantly. The whole reason I went with a powerhead with a filter (It's a pretty open filter), is because I've had a couple of power heads fail on me when they suck roots up into the impeller. Hopefully, this will no longer happen.

I just went and checked on them, and the filters are completely clear. They are fairly easy to clean too, in case they get gunked up.

:hotbounce:
While I was doing a res. change, I noticed I had quite a bit of sediment in the pre-filter. The powerhead was unaffected flow wise. I basically stirred the filter in the old res. water, and it came clean. I did take it off for now though.

G

Most will find more benefical growth from the plant if ph is not chased, but rather it is allowed to raise and drop some with in a set range, 5.6 to 6.3 for most all hydro system's. It can be taken down to 5.2 in vegy stage for maximum Nitrogen uptake, but is not the best level for all other nutrient's in the solution.

All organic's have issue's with storage and heat, just to many time's of haveing bad nutrient's and recovering plant's for me to want to use it any more, but it the plant's did grow, can not say I noticed a better tasting bud, nor can I say it was low yielding.
I can say that when I used it, well they were some of my smallest harvest's, but per plant yield was about average to other's, so I will not say it was PBP, maybe more my method and plant count.

I have found Sensi 2+ program with additive's to work well and provide me with the healthiest plant's ever in my garden. I run a 21 gallon res that supplies drip line's to the plants in containers with ccco/perlite mixture. Ph level is monitored more than it is adjusted in my grow room as I have found the plant's to respond well to it.

Stay safe and grow the same way.

realhigh.

Latest posts

Latest posts