What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Canna margarine

G

Hi all, could any1 plz tell me if i will be able to make canna margarine as a replacement for canna butter? the reason im askin is because im allergic to butter but want to try my hand at some baking. if i use margarine would it resolidify like butter does? or would it just go like goo? thanks very much to all who could help me out :joint: latas rhino

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i dunno about the margarine ... , i have read once that you should use fat compounds from animals rather than from plants ...

but if its to 100% true , i dunno so lets hope another canna cook chimes in :)

have fun

Fj

GoodbyeBlueSky

the thc should disolve into the margarine just fine... though i doubt the margarine would resolidify like butter does...

can't be sure, never used margarine before...

G

HMMMM yeah that was my thinkin wether or not it would resolidify, donnt wanna waste ma bud on somethin i might not be able to use,,, i will just have to wait to see if i can geta definate answer one way or other, thx for ya imput tho

G

why the hell didnt i think of that nice 1 GoodbyeBlueSky, gonna give it a go tomoz so watch this space...... lats Rhino Jay :joint: :joint: :joint:

stevr59

i try it once and it kindof worked had a lot of dark oil that never froze think it had a lot of the thc in it the stuff that did solidfied look like canna butter tased like canna butter but didnt give me to much of a buzz

Xtbudda

Talking about cannabutter, I think I will put a couple tablespoons of it, in some peach and cream oatmeal.....woohoo...
Think it will help for my extracted tooth? hehe

Xtbudda

Dont try the cannabutter in oatmeal, it tastes gross.
I woofed half bowl down before I felt like heaving and gave up on it. Gotta nice mild body buzz out of it, so all is good.
Even with sugar and cinnamon,still couldnt shake that common taste.
Oh well, ill stick with my homemade brownies, adding extra cocoa seems to be the trick too.
Xtbudda...

G

well ive tried using margarine instead of butter and what a waste of time it was,,,, still could of been worse i could of used some of ma bud in the experiment,,,, looks like its butter even tho im allergic lol :joint: :joint: :joint: :joint: thread closed Rhino

PLAYn1

All i ever used was margarine, an it works great, but i also slow cooked it in a slow cooker for 8 hours ( used trash from making bubble hash) if Dowser was around he could testify to my cannamargarine, i have never used butter

peace

PLAYn

Spaazkaz

well... I just did it and it worked fine. made two batches of rice cripie treats with about 9 grams and a cup and a hlaf of margarine. It jelled up but didn't solidify. it wasn't hard to skim the stuff off the top of the solution. -Spaz-

trevwab

I have but And it solidified like real butter.. but haven’t had the right dosage yet.. my gf got pretty stoned tho lol.. making a batch right now.. 1500mg, I just use the same way they do with butter.. hopefully I’ll find my right dosage soon.. happy munching ✌️