What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

canna camera advice up to 250 $$

L

LolaGal

Pawn shops and cash

Pawn shops and cash

Get a Digital SLR with the ability to use Macro (close up) features.

Go to the pawn shops with cash and you will find tons of good deals for that amount of money. Try around an Army base if possible. They have the newest electronics. Bring batteries!

Nikon, Canon, Sony all good brands to start.

SLR cams are very expensive on ebay . i dont live in usa so i have to buy it from ebay .

i can buy nikon p80,is it good for canna ?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Nikon P80 looks like a really nice camera, but it doesn't have the manual white balance adjustment that's so handy when taking pics under the HPS orange. Take a look at the Olympus sp 570,

L

LolaGal

Nikon P80 looks like a really nice camera, but it doesn't have the manual white balance adjustment that's so handy when taking pics under the HPS orange. Take a look at the Olympus sp 570,

Hmm... I didn't think of changing the white balance under HPS! Thanks for the tip!

What should I set the white balance on to get good results? More I would think?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
well on certain cameras, there is a feature that lets you point the cam to a white surface and with the press of a button, it adjusts the balance so that white things are white. If you dont have that feature on your cam, then the tungsten setting is the best option, possibly combined with the flash, although at too close a distance the flash will leave the buds looking a little blue.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
For instance the pic below was taken under the glare of my orange HPS light after pointing the cam at the white wall, and hitting the self adjustment feature on my cam.
picture.php

L

LolaGal

Excellent work GMT! This is a valuable tip for me. I don't have a tungsten setting, so I was wondering how to get the yellow out of my HPS shots.

This is one of the reasons I love this site! You never know when you will find an answer to a question you didn't even think to ask!

OP: Yes, that Nikon camera should be fine, I am not familiar with that model per say.

I would definitely get an SLR, since that will give you more features, and you will wind up getting one anyway, once you want more!

good luck.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Ok there are a couple of alternatives Lola
does your camera have an auto setting, if so then that coupled with the flash should work out not too badly, you'll have to find the optimum distance for that to work though. If you can adjust the red/blue balance levels, then you can wack that up towards the blue end, that would help. After that it comes down to photo editing. If you have photoshop I can talk you through doing it in that, alternatively your camera sofware should allow you to adjust the levels of colours in the photo. Reduce the red and increase the blue is what you are looking for there.

L

LolaGal

all good ideas! I have a Canon Cyber shot DSLR, but it's new to me, and no manual. had to download that online.

I'm sure it has the settings somewhere! I'll look it over. Good pawn shop find!

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hi Lola, the sony should have come with a software disk, sonys is called pixela image mixer, it has an auto fix option in that software that should sort the hps out, but it also has the option to manually drain or turn up any colours. Since yours came from a pawn shop, you may not have got the disk with it, but I have no doubt you can download the sofware from the sony site. just google pixela download and you should get a range of options.

Hi Kush. The 570 is a few models above what I'm shooting with at the moment, mine is only the 7.5 mp option the 550, the 570 is 10 point something mp, so you'll get better shots than the ones I got with mine below, which are heavily cropped. And yep the 570 has the white balance thingy I was talking about. The macro is set to a min distance of 1cm, which get you as close as you need really.

1759P6290132.JPG

1759P6221654.JPG

1759P4090001.JPG

1759P5311401.JPG

1759P3140008_open.jpg

great pics bro ! i cant wait to buy one !
and kushism, about the camera :

Olympus SP-570 UZ 10.0 Megapixel, 20x Optical Zoom

Body of an ultra-zoom. Soul of an SLR. With superior optics, power and portability, the SP-570 UZ provides a wealth of creative control without the expense of an SLR. Whether you're looking for 20x optical zoom or 13.5fps sequential shooting, this all-in-one, versatile, compact camera is great for outdoor, travel and sports photography.

20x WIDE-ANGLE LENS (f2.8-f4.5, 26-520mm equivalent).
This amazingly powerful, ultra-compact 20x Optical Zoom gets you super close to the action while the wide-angle lens captures more of what you see.

SUPER MACRO MODE
Equally impressive on the short end, minimum focusing distance for the SP-570's wide-angle optic in Super Macro mode is advertised at a minuscule one centimeter (about .25 inches).

DUAL IMAGE STABILIZATION.
Forget about blur, thanks to this 2-in-1 anti-blur solution. Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization, which keeps your shot steady by compensating for camera shake, combines with Digital Image Stabilization to capture crisp, clear images in any situation.

FULL MANUAL CONTROL.
The SP-570 UZ allows full Manual exposure settings for advanced creative control, yet it's easy enough for any family member to point-and-shoot beautiful images.

HOT SHOE FOR AN EXTERNAL FLASH.
Quickly and easily attach a flash so you can take sharp, clear images under challenging lighting conditions. An optional wireless flash is also available.

FACE DETECTION.
This technology tracks your subjects' faces and automatically focuses and optimizes exposure for sharp, brilliant portrait pictures.

HIGH RESOLUTION CCD
Over 10 million pixels provides superior image quality. You can even create large prints without losing a single detail.

2.7 INCH LCD DISPLAY
With improved contrast and color reproduction, the HyperCrystal™ LCD offers more accurate, precise image display, as well as an extra-wide viewing angle and enhanced visibility in direct sunlight.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
for grow room shots, If you can up the price a touch, I would dearly love a canon G10. Almost 15 mp for less than £350. Looks really nice.

Latest posts

Latest posts