What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Canadian Craft Growing Laws - Up to Date info by the people, for the people. Please keep it to the topic as A LOT of people rely on this info

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
When you add it all up . . .
  • Large $ investment
  • Extreme gov’t regulations – fed, provincial, municipal
  • Extreme taxation
  • Product glut = bargain basement prices with ongoing BM competition
  • With almost all marketing possibilities prohibited
. . . . a legal craft growing business is not viable imho.

Tynehead Tom

I completely agree.
On the other hand if you own the land and already have the agricultural equipment and greenhouses it can be an easier transition. There have been a few "small time" craft growers that I am aware of that have done the whole paperwork themselves without a consultant firm and got surprisingly small operations licensed to sell to licensed stores. It cost them in the 15,000 to 20,000 ballpark to satisify the legal side of things. Not sure what it cost for the grow equipment and the other costs of setting up but I imagine these people were already growing and had the forsight to put away some hard cash before the "dope dealer days" ended and the goverment took over.
I would happily vend seed thru a licensed store or website but for that..... the costs are much higher. You need a nursery license, a grow license and a processor license and the plant material other than seeds needs to be destroyed. So a plan for that too although it could possibly be sold to edible manufacturers or Canna Chefs as my friend prefers to be called LOL
The licenses are affordable I suppose..... even though they stack on each other...... then there is the local business licensing, permitting and all that jazz.
Crazy train

although..... I am Indigenous and might yet find an avenue forward by partnering up with another indigenous individual or group of like minded folks to find a pathway forward. A great many cannabis businesses have popped up on reserves or treaty lands all across the country but I don't live in any of these areas.
Maybe I should move back to alberta into my ancestral lands with the Cree and Metis of the Saddle Lake area hehehe

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
although..... I am Indigenous and might yet find an avenue forward by partnering up with another indigenous individual or group of like minded folks to find a pathway forward.

That is probably the wisest plan. Spread production, packaging and selling costs amongst a like-minded group.

I bought some hash from an outfit called Purple Valley on the recommendation of a customer at a local dispensary. While I don't know the setup, it seems that they are a collective of small growers who share production licensing so they can produce live hash and live resin. The hash is crazy tasty and I thought that their approach made sense.

Rider420

“Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. Fanatics will never learn that, though it be written in letters of gold across the sky. It is the prohibition that makes anything precious
Mark Twain knew the truth over a hundred years ago. The huge profits is gone from cannabis and greedy fucks are now broke, but those who love cannabis have a lot more choices.

Three Berries

Fullsized image

https://mjbizdaily.com/canadian-cannabis-company-adastra-gets-permission-to-sell-cocaine/

Canadian cannabis company Adastra gets permission to sell cocaine
The dealer’s license allows the company to:

Possess, produce, sell and distribute – for legal purposes only and not to consumers – up to 250 grams (8.8 ounces) of cocaine and to import and manufacture coca leaves to create synthetics, process, produce, sell and distribute up to 1,000 grams of psilocybin and psilocin.

RobFromTX

Man i wonder how it feels like to do "clean" cocaine. no doubt a world better than that crap i did in my early 20's that was cut with b12 powder 😁

fArside617

I completely agree.
On the other hand if you own the land and already have the agricultural equipment and greenhouses it can be an easier transition. There have been a few "small time" craft growers that I am aware of that have done the whole paperwork themselves without a consultant firm and got surprisingly small operations licensed to sell to licensed stores. It cost them in the 15,000 to 20,000 ballpark to satisify the legal side of things. Not sure what it cost for the grow equipment and the other costs of setting up but I imagine these people were already growing and had the forsight to put away some hard cash before the "dope dealer days" ended and the goverment took over.
I would happily vend seed thru a licensed store or website but for that..... the costs are much higher. You need a nursery license, a grow license and a processor license and the plant material other than seeds needs to be destroyed. So a plan for that too although it could possibly be sold to edible manufacturers or Canna Chefs as my friend prefers to be called LOL
The licenses are affordable I suppose..... even though they stack on each other...... then there is the local business licensing, permitting and all that jazz.
Crazy train

although..... I am Indigenous and might yet find an avenue forward by partnering up with another indigenous individual or group of like minded folks to find a pathway forward. A great many cannabis businesses have popped up on reserves or treaty lands all across the country but I don't live in any of these areas.
Maybe I should move back to alberta into my ancestral lands with the Cree and Metis of the Saddle Lake area hehehe
If your Indigenous and live in BC on a reserve have at it they can do nothing.. now if your in Alberta everyones fucked.

fArside617

Fullsized image

https://mjbizdaily.com/canadian-cannabis-company-adastra-gets-permission-to-sell-cocaine/

Canadian cannabis company Adastra gets permission to sell cocaine
The dealer’s license allows the company to:

Possess, produce, sell and distribute – for legal purposes only and not to consumers – up to 250 grams (8.8 ounces) of cocaine and to import and manufacture coca leaves to create synthetics, process, produce, sell and distribute up to 1,000 grams of psilocybin and psilocin.
This si how the rich are getting sauced on weekends these days. canada has a illuminati society lol

goingrey

Funny you mention dentists. In the very old days dentists got more business depending on the quality of their cocaine and it was regularily used for toothaches
I mention it because use as a local anesthetic, especially in dentistry, is the one current legal purpose I'm aware of and the text says "for legal purposes only and not to consumers". Used during procedures not given out as a home remedy for toothaches anymore. Coincidentally I happen to have an annoying toothache right now and would love to rub some llello on my gums but I guess the crackheads fucked up this possibility for all of us. I can see why those dentists were popular. ;The "funny" conclusion is people were snorting it but these toothaches are no fun, I think way more people would be interested in relief from the pain than getting zooted.

Dime

I mention it because use as a local anesthetic, especially in dentistry, is the one current legal purpose I'm aware of and the text says "for legal purposes only and not to consumers". Used during procedures not given out as a home remedy for toothaches anymore. Coincidentally I happen to have an annoying toothache right now and would love to rub some llello on my gums but I guess the crackheads fucked up this possibility for all of us. I can see why those dentists were popular. ;The "funny" conclusion is people were snorting it but these toothaches are no fun, I think way more people would be interested in relief from the pain than getting zooted.
Well maybe it was the pain killing quality people went for and not the zoot. Try oil of cloves for your tooth.

madalasatori

Veteran
Dentist uses novocaine which has the numbing properties without getting you high

Latest posts

Latest posts