What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can you find the info/tip that lead to a search warrant? possible illegal search..

How Can You find out what info or tip was used to get the search warrant?
If my phone was hacked by a non police officer and they used audio/video of my phone to spy and get evidence and that was used to get the search warrant wouldn't that be means for an ilegal search? they could have even hacked my email and made it look like I sent the info. im not sure if this happend or not but I have reason to beleive this might be the case.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
How Can You find out what info or tip was used to get the search warrant?
If my phone was hacked by a non police officer and they used audio/video of my phone to spy and get evidence and that was used to get the search warrant wouldn't that be means for an ilegal search? they could have even hacked my email and made it look like I sent the info. im not sure if this happend or not but I have reason to beleive this might be the case.

I'm sorry you are having to go through this. I remember dealing with it and having a racing mind that wouldn't turn off. When you go to court your lawyer will get all the details of the case. Lawyers work for and in the courtrooms, every day and that is where they generate their livelihoods. Ultimately since they work in the courts first, they may withhold that information from you. I don; 't care what anyone says, it's always "them against us" when it comes to what happens in a courtroom. Your lawyer works for them, and will never double-cross the court, and still have a good reputation. I did 6 years for something I didn't do, but since I did a lot of other stuff in the past and didn't get caught, I figured the state and I was even in the end. I got railroaded because they didn't like me! Everyone was dis-honest to me including my lawyer I paid a lot of money to. There is no fairness when it comes to police tactics being kelp secret from defendants. You may never be able to prove anything when the arrest information from your case is withheld from you. It's their world! 😎

armedoldhippy

Veteran
unfortunately, LEO frequently builds cases off of illegally obtained evidence. it has long been known that info gathered via illegal phone taps etc gets used by officers creating a "parallel" set of falsified facts/investigations to cover where the info really came from, protecting themselves (fairly effectively, i'm afraid) from losing the cases on constitutional grounds, illegal search etc. not easy to catch them at it or prove that in court though.

moose eater

^^^True

Of course...it's called Discovery and it's all the evidence the Prosecution has gathered against you...your Attorney should get it before you go to trial.
There's a term (I forget the term at the moment; maybe someone else can chime in) that is used in defining LEO's retroactive creation of fabricated facts to support an otherwise unsubstantiated warrant, thus protecting them from letting the court know that their probable cause had holes in it.

The DEA used to do it, then state and local leo caught on years ago, and the feds were literally encouraging them to engage in this shit.

Yes, it's illegal, but if you've been caught with illegal goods, then, when you approach the court for a cure involving your conrtaband and your case, as it involves illegal material obtained illegally, it's often viewed as coming to the court with a '(soiled) hands' to argue, and is more likely to be taken up on appeal rather than in an initial evidentiary hearing.

And proving such fabrications can be fairly difficult unless you're dealing with Barney Fife types. One of the many reasons the authorities like such shenanigans so much.

Last edited:

iTarzan

This thread is from March 2022. FlyingHawaiian started it on March 21,2022 and that was the last time he posted on here. He was worried about something and has never posted again.

Anybody know if he is alright?

JeffWix67

There's a term (I forget the term at the moment; maybe someone else can chime in) that is used in defining LEO's retroactive creation of fabricated facts to support an otherwise unsubstantiated warrant, thus protecting them from letting the court know that their probable cause had holes in it.

The DEA used to do it, then state and local leo caught on years ago, and the feds were literally encouraging them to engage in this shit.

Yes, it's illegal, but if you've been caught with illegal goods, then, when you approach the court for a cure involving your conrtaband and your case, as it involves illegal material obtained illegally, it's often viewed as coming to the court with a '(soiled) hands' to argue, and is more likely to be taken up on appeal rather than in an initial evidentiary hearing.

And proving such fabrications can be fairly difficult unless you're dealing with Barney Fife types. One of the many reasons the authorities like such shenanigans so much.
Such is the reason I am up to date on which attorney in my area is the most vicious rabid dog at the time.
I was raided some years ago before it was legal here in VA ...as I told my attorney, the most important thing in this case is finding out who ratted on me...we eventually did.
Your attorney creates a time line and a discovery line...fill in the holes.
I now know who ratted on me...and they know I know they ratted on me.
It's best if you are never in the position of dealing with Leo and or going to court over anything as statistically, it's a lose lose situation no matter what, even if you win.
Time, money, publicity...no bueno

growshopfrank

Veteran

The local drug cops around here will call crime stoppers anonymously for the reward money and as a easy way to get paper to kick your door down.
The tip that they call in could be information illegally obtained or often just a wild guess the crime stoppers tip is a disconnect to absolve them from blame if wrong and the cash reward gets them some party funds.

moose eater

The local drug cops around here will call crime stoppers anonymously for the reward money and as a easy way to get paper to kick your door down.
The tip that they call in could be information illegally obtained or often just a wild guess the crime stoppers tip is a disconnect to absolve them from blame if wrong and the cash reward gets them some party funds.
Yep, but that's not the retroactive construction of evidence that I was referring to.

The authorities have been maneuvering around civil liberties for centuries. Swearing an oath to uphold the law while trying to circumvent it at almost every turn.

JeffWix67

Jeff was it a friend, relative, a mule or just a client?
It was a "friend/acquaintance"...I wired their grow op... and gave them a 1/4 lb of weed to help them out...they decided to repay me by informing my local sheriff's department that I was growing...about 10 whole plants at a time culling males leaving about 5 or 6...big target huh?...apparently they got hemmed up because they ran their mouths and thought they could rat on me and some others to help themselves out.

Apparently they ratted on some guys in their local area...pretty much, guys you don't want to mess with...who took revenge to the next level on them...once I found out about that, I didn't want to be connected with any of that, and I have never looked for retribution on my own, as I think what already happened will suffice.

It is of the utmost importance that you skate below the radar at all times, as once you are caught in the spider's web(court system)...their is virtually no good/easy way out.

Last edited: