What's new

Can it be done? A-Dam on the cheap

thecarguy

You guys are immensely helpful.

I think we should get a sticky going here in ICMag, the best recommendations for the various levels of accommodation and dining, with the list focusing on different price points.

It'd be great for planning out how much a trip will cost you.

All this information has been really helpful.

I also plan on eating the veggie burgers at Paradox, has anybody tried those? From what I hear they are good.

Thanks again

thecarguy

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
thecarguy said:
I think we should get a sticky going here in ICMag, the best recommendations for the various levels of accommodation and dining, with the list focusing on different price points.

:yeahthats :respect: :headbange :smoweed: :Bolt:

G

That'd be Moppel then And yes, his MF is damn tasty

Yea I just didn't know if he'd appreciate me attaching his name to it, but Moppel is the man any who.

Peace

TimewarP

mrgrowmez said:
i took the bus from brussels to amsterdam and it only cost 13 euro
i second that.. mostly cause it takes about the same time.. barring major traffic.. cause the trains have to go relatively slow thru holland[?]

if you have a belgium train pass or ticketbook they can get you a bit across the border remember.. then its like 30[18 if you get a 'reduced'] return to a'dam from breda .. or get a one way to utreg and 'forget' to get off

can u tell ive had to become thrifty since moving here

there are some really cheap hostels too. even like 12/14E if your lucky.. but theyr rooms with 40 people.. im never there but to sleep so taken that option a few times .. just dont go on the weekends when everywhere is booked

also, if your trying to be cheap.. check the smaller cities. i found a kickass one with free food and musical instruments and computers.. 15 a night and quiet cause its not amsterland with shroomy eyed tourists singing their football/beer drinking/traditional japanese songs all night

:lurk: as for food.. i'd love to see a food thread too.
last time i was there i noticed a new chinese stir fry place, [like a chain maybe]that you pick some veggies and they fry it up real quick with noodles and bam. it was cheap too, and i always prefer when i can see the kitchen.. i hate microwaves .. that time was with a couple girls [we went for the Gong family un-convention] and it was tough finding veggie places as usual

i want to say it was called 'wok to work' or something but im not sure..

[theres always the grocery store]

"Wok to Walk" is the name ,as I recall.(Take away.)
On the Damstraat , across from Leonida's Chocolate,next to the Old Man Store.
There's another Wok place on the Leidseplein across from Mac Donalds, open late. Big room, clean.