What's new

can I get a CA drivers licences with a PO box

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
The P.O. box isn't at the made up address, it's at the Post Office. Almost everywhere that I have lived there wasn't even the option of residential or rural delivery.

In CA there is no pick up at the DMV option, they send the IDs out because they are all made in the capital...this helps stop illegals from walking into a CA DMV and walking out with a CA ID or DL...

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In CA there is no pick up at the DMV option, they send the IDs out because they are all made in the capital...this helps stop illegals from walking into a CA DMV and walking out with a CA ID or DL...

Yes, what I was referring to was the title on the thread says P.O. Box, and you had mentioned not being able to get the license at the bogus address. I'm a life-long California resident, and the only time that I have ever had residential delivery was in college, in a much larger community. I think that even in large cities with residential delivery, having your mailing address at a Post Office is an option. DMV always wants a physical address (standard retort - "Do you live in a P.O. Box?"), but they will mail the license to you at your mailing address.

Don't you have to present some proof of residence, like a utility bill or something?

I never have, no.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Identity Requirements For an Original DL/ID Card

When you apply for an original California DL/ID card, you must present:
• An acceptable birth date/legal presence (BD/ LP) document(s).
• An acceptable true full name document if the name of your BD/LP document is different from the name on your DL/ID card application.
• Your Social Security number (SSN). It will be verified with the Social Security Administration (SSA) while you are in the DMV office. You must also provide verification of your SSN to change an existing SSN on DMV's date base.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There are areas in California with no mail delivery where everyone has P.O. boxes and they have driver's licenses.......

Ya but they still have a physical address that they live at, thats just for mail delivery, there are a few towns around here like that, might be able to use a general delivery address???not sure how that works.