What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can CBD be used for anxiety?

exoticrobotic

CBD can be helpful to smooth the peaks and troughs of some of THC's effects.

The yummy mummys round here love it... along with talking about microdosing psilocybin ❤️

They mainly use it for pain relief.

Dunno what it does on its own for anxiety

There are numerous other natural compounds other than CBD that act on the CB2 receptor, the terpene Beta Caryophyllene for one, found in black pepper, Copaiba oil and Cannabis.

I use Copaiba oil for its wound healing properties but also find it great for reducing anxiety with its high affinity for CB2 receptors.

An interesting fact...... Caryophyllene helps to improve cold tolerance at low ambient temperatures. Wild giant pandas frequently roll in horse manure, which contains beta-caryophyllene/caryophyllene oxide, to inhibit TRPM8, an archetypical cold-activated ion channel of mammals.

I have tried CBD full spectrum oil and CBD isolate, both i personally found not to work at all for anything.

Copaiba oil i find to be good for reducing jitteryness and feelings of being on edge etc.

charliex88

Welcome friend, that's a good question. I think it depends on the person consuming it and the source the CBD comes from.
Yes you are right.
In US it can be legally manufactured from the hemp plant, and it is sold in many different forms. You can take it by mouth as an oil, a capsule, or a spray, or spread it on your skin as lotion or oil.

420empire

Veteran
Great thread and welco me brother.
I have bad and inflamed joints , so for it works great to easen up the stiffness. I am not currently Ussing is cause as you may know, cannabis is a hyperaccumuliator for heavy metals. And eu is not really regulating it, cause of big pharma😬

albertgriffiths

If I vape late in the evening and I still feel a bit too energetic at bedtime, I usually vape a bit of CBD before going to sleep. It smoothes the psychoactive effects of THC and helps me with my insomnia.

I guess if I were too high on edibles, I would try a bit of CBD to make the trip smoother. If I understand well, CBD and THC are partly antagonist.

I've had very good experiences with mixed CBD/THC strains.
I never use CBD during the day, i find it boring and even a bit "dark" (relaxation without euphoria...)

In the end, I find CBG much more efficient for anxiety (but not for insomnia).
IMO, CBG is far superior for daytime use. Only downside is it doesn't taste as good.

Sandaluss1979

It's fascinating how different natural compounds can affect our bodies in unique ways. Personally, I've found CBD helpful for taking the edge off anxiety, but I haven't tried Copaiba oil yet. Your insights are intriguing though! It's always refreshing to hear about alternative remedies that work for people. It's great to connect with folks who are open to sharing their experiences. If anyone here struggles with addiction, I'd like to mention that there's support available. You can reach out to AA meetings or visit nationalrehabhotline.org for help. And thanks for sharing your experience with CBD and Copaiba oil.

Last edited:

hfm

Hello there,with high doses of cbd it becomes bi-phasic and spins me out into a mania.If there is also cbn then it mellows it enough to chill out.
Lower doses of cbd just mellows high thc out for me, if you add some cbn to the mix then couch lock.If you add cbg to the mix then it becomes happy, euphoric and anxiety free.

Latest posts

Latest posts