What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

can anyone tell if this needs more or less water?

kaboom777

Veteran
I personally would not connect automatic irrigation until I have a well-established root system.

kaboom777

Veteran
but do you water them all at the same time? Or do you water according to the individual needs of each plant? I see some green algae, they receive water without need, I would water each plant individually until I had an established root system, then when they all ask for water daily I would turn on the automatic irrigation....
In general, the plants are not bad either.

alpo

the first 4 days i water individually and then transferred to the blocks 10 days ago. after transplant I watered by hand a couple days also.

the photo is at 72% water content - watered 30min before - 1hr after lights came on

I think I should have let the blocks dry out a little next time before transplanting

Mano Verdo

do not keep the rockwool wet
in veg wait until 50% water content in the blocks to water again
at this stage you will probably not water everyday, even in these small blocks
maybe the day after, or the third, depends

when it's time to water, do several shots of 1 minutes until you get the runoff ( should not get runoff on the first shots, if its the case its means the dryback was insufficient)
always 25% of the total volume irrigated in runoff
for exemple if 4 shots are necessary to get the runoff, a fifth shot is needed to get the 25% drain

in general:
veg: 50% to 75% WC
bloom: 35% to 70%
even dryier the last days

LaserT

the first 4 days i water individually and then transferred to the blocks 10 days ago.
How many days after you took the clones, did you put them into the larger cubes?

Did they have strong roots showing in the 1" cubes?

While young you need to starve them a bit from water so they extend their roots in search of that moisture.
all the water was in the lower half of the blocks.
It might feel as if the water is all near the bottom but it's rockwool. It wicks up what it needs to. Don't overdo it! It does dry from the top down, but let it dry out more than you are currently.

Can you do a test with one of those clones, not in the tray??? Water it by hand instead. That way you can feel the weight of it.