What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can anyone identify these strains and help with a few questions

Rtaym222224

I had so many plants at one point I lost track of what plant is what strain. Currently have two plants that have been flowering approx 11 weeks both were vegged for about 3 months with proper use of co2.
Right now when I inspect trichs on either of my two plants they are both beginning stage completely clear.

I’ll post the best photos I have, maybe if someone can just tell me whether the plants look hybrid or sativa dominant please let me know that also. I’m asking because they’ve been flowering for a long time and not closed to done at 11 weeks thanks. I got the clones from archive in Portland

Put up 3 photos of the first plant.

A6333A16-7218-4E68-86FA-D53E420BEAFE.jpeg
E4771087-BD5D-4A1C-A0C6-73FF455D5AB5.jpeg

1671031562207.jpeg

And three of the second

1671031048553.jpeg

1671031128236.jpeg

Attachments

• 7A98DA92-B7F2-41BA-9DCA-5C4C4EB95B8B.jpeg
    7A98DA92-B7F2-41BA-9DCA-5C4C4EB95B8B.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 48
  • 06A4AE88-13D8-4A28-B5CA-272D72571FB6.jpeg
    06A4AE88-13D8-4A28-B5CA-272D72571FB6.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 53
  • F0FD76E1-1C67-47A8-8206-4B4043EAC387.jpeg
    F0FD76E1-1C67-47A8-8206-4B4043EAC387.jpeg
    7 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Rtaym222224

1671031655098.jpeg

How close are these to finishing?

The first plant is in a 3 gal grow bag the second plant the larger one with smaller buds is in a 5 gallon. Both plants during veg were aggressively bent , with aggressive pruning to control height as much as humanly possible.

Rtaym222224

This is my first grow in fifteen years and fifteen years ago my growing was awful.

How am I doing with this grow?

Stem is 2” diameter on the 5 gal plant

Rtaym222224

Thank you for letting me know about overfrrtilization
I used powerful bud blooming powders several times last few waterings

Rtaym222224

Is it mainly the smaller plant with the purple orange and yellow hues with no purple leaves that looks overfertilized?? How do I correct with my next watering?

goingrey

It is totally impossible to answer your questions by looking at those photos.

But lets say it's Cookies and you've week left and you can give them just plain water until harvest.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Nope.. Never heard that one before..
Also, one thing I would change is using reusable plant ties. Your are way too thick and long for the use you have there and ofc very expensive since they are made for way heavier loads.

Rtaym222224

Should I keep a constant breeze with an oscillating fan blowing on my plants ? I have a tall, large one I run it on medium power.

Thank you for correcting my naivety exploziv

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah air movement is good. Hopefully you got an exhaust fan as well so there is air exchange.
Or is this a sealed grow?

Rtaym222224

I have an ac infinity 8” be VERY high cfm exhaust with a large carbon filter exhausting out a window it sits above my biggest light (I use bottom and side lighting also I always double check with my par meter to make sure I am giving correct amt of light). I have a controller for the fan I never run it full power usually half is good enough with a huge filter and my gorilla 5x5 tent stays cooler as a result as humidity drops too. I have a carbon filtered air intake 6” ac infinity inline high cfm also. I am always making sure to run each fan on the right speed for proper cannabis air exchange in a 5x5x8’11” tent. I bought fans way beyond what I needed

I have high cfm attachment bars inside my tent to keep it from collapsing when running the hugely large exhaust fan at close to or full power. (I don’t do that though) have height extensions because my next grow are sativas and I veg longer than most guys out there with proper use of co2 on a controller very frequent fillips three times a week but I maintain perfect levels for veg growth

Thanks for confirming I’ll keep the oscillating fan on the plants. Anything else I should think of that I’m not already doing

I overwatered my large plant the other day I haven’t done that in months I feel like an idiot I noticed four tiny branches only towards the base of the plant were very wet. The buds felt very wet on those tiny branches. They even looked moldy to me, I inspected with a 60 times magnifying glass with an LED attached, and on the stem in the middle in between bud, I saw powdery mildew. I also have powdery mildew on the outside of my grow bag to a very, very small degree one plant has zero powdery mildew anywhere not on the grill bag or the plant anywhere it’s only the larger plant being affected. I don’t know if overwatering caused this But I am also running a medical grade air purifier that’s rated for a 1500 square-foot space I’m in 100 square-foot space if that I just vacuum shopped every single piece of weed plant off the floor of the grow tent, and then smothered it in bleach and ammonia, and cleaned it as well as the sides of the entire tent on the inside , I sprayed the plant with suspect powdery mildew the outside of the bag I sprayed the tops of the buds, the buds in the middle I sprayed from the bottom of the buds by that I mean I went underneath the buds and sprayed upwards. I covered everything the product I mixed in with water into a fine mist sprayer to get rid of powdery mildew . It’s called grow safe. I plan on reapplying in the same exact way and five days after I applied it I removed it infected plant or suspect infected plant out of the tent, and I put it next to a 45 true white LED light, putting oscillating fan powerfully blowing right on the whole plant I use my hands to tap the buds to shake off excess moisture within a half hour rated fully dried and it’s back in the tent
I plan on reapplying in three days am I doing the right thing? I’ve also dropped temps to about 68° because I believe that will help prevent powdery mold from spreading my humidity was about 25% before I upped it to 40 is that the right thing to do

I am unwilling to use anything that’s not organic at this stage in the game any advice? I really really appreciate it more than you guys know this is my first grown 15 years which is why it’s not perfect I apologize for that.
Should I be using a different product for mold?

Rtaym222224

No matter the strain get a loup or microscope and look at the tricome heads. That will tell you when.
That’s what I’ve been doing. I try to 30 times magnification which was not nearly sufficient 60 times isn’t even that great. I can kinda tell 90 times is where it’s at. With LED lighting. So far all the try combs everywhere on both plants are still absolutely totally clear so I know they’ve got a lot more time to go to plant that I badly overfertilized I’m gonna flush with.
Distilled water I’ll probably put 3 gallons of distilled through the 3 gallon grow bag of the plant that’s overfertilized

I’m gonna continue treating the powdery mildew that I suspect was on just a couple small branches of my larger plant in a 5 gallon bag. That one was slightly overwatered my last watering which might’ve caused it. The other plant has no powdery mildew at all. I’ll keep treating with that grow safe stuff. If I have the name right I mentioned it in my last post, I spray it directly on top of the buds underneath and underneath the plant under the soil I may even water with it I like it because it’s organic and I can use it drinks lowering I think please correct me if I’m wrong all it is is just natural oils that kill powdery mildew after I spray the full full plant down I gently shake each cola to get all the excess moisture off and I make sure it’s dry before putting it back in the tent under high powered lighting I hope I’m doing the right thing. I’ve also drop temps a little bit to try and get rid of powdery mildew I’ve dropped humidity to 35% am I doing it wrong?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts