What's new

Can anyone identify the problem here please?

guanito2

IMG_20220718_200706443_HDR.jpg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Too much calcium or not enough airflow. It looks like too much calcium is trapped in the leaves. If you give your plant water that has a lot of calcium in the water the calcium will get trapped because the calcium can't transpire like other nutrients. Too much calcium or not enough air movement or "both" will cause the above effect. When there's not enough airflow in the garden the plants' leaves will bronze crunchy brown because of this. It also happens using Tap water. 😎

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I'm sorry you are having problems with your grow, however, this could be very helpful for you, if you learn what happened. Those are fairly small buds to have mold or bud rot, however, that is what it is. You have a watering issue and the plants are showing you something is wrong in your watering management. How are you watering? What water type are you using and how often? Indoor or outdoor? What type of soil and nutrients? Any information would be helpful. Thank you for sharing your work friend.😎

Last edited:

guanito2

Thank you everyone. This is all very helpful.

I will make some changes.

Add another 6" hurricane fan
Water a little less.
Use nutes more often ( now I grow in FFOF, water every day by hand, use nutrients infrequently )

guanito2

I'm sorry you are having problems with your grow, however, this could be very helpful for you, if you learn what happened. Those are fairly small buds to have mold or bud rot, however, that is what it is. You have a watering issue and the plants are showing you something is wrong in your watering management. How are you watering? What water type are you using and how often? Indoor or outdoor? What type of soil and nutrients? Any information would be helpful. Thank you for sharing your work friend.😎

plants are in 2 gal cloth pots (only half full), Fox Farm Ocean Forest medium - nothing else. Hand water every day 1/2 qt - 1qt each with tap water.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
You cant water FoxFarms Ocean Forest every day because of the water holding capacity. I have a plant in the same mix and only water once in 7 days using only 2 liters of pure rainwater in a five-gallon container. You overwatered your plants and it's easy to do with FoxFarms. I'm also using Pro Mix hp. with pure water that mix gets water at the beginning of the 3rd day. That mix only gets 2 liters every 3 days. Too much water is the problem. 😎

IMG_2135.JPG

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Last edited: