What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

can anyone help me with itunes?

mtbazz

What is the best way to go about setting up an itunes media library on an external (RAID) drive ?

I have three macs, (Imac, MPB, macmini) and want all of them to use this external drive as the media library.

Now, I know about directing itunes to this in the preferences section, problem is that when I do that it will always eventually default to the local harddrive location..

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
good question, i think when itunes upgrades it defaults back to it's default folders. happens to me too.

G

gloryoskie

There should be no iTunes folder in the Users/Music folder of the
three machines if I remember correctly.

When you update iTunes check to delete the new folder created
during update. Been a while since I set up. Please verify before
going forward!

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
don't use Itunes?

you can have all your media files on your hard drive and play it with winamp or some other media player that does't suck as much as itunes

mtbazz

don't use Itunes?

you can have all your media files on your hard drive and play it with winamp or some other media player that does't suck as much as itunes

It may get to that point, but I still need it to sync my iphone/ipods

itunes just sucks anymore...was a pretty good program up to itunes 10, but v11 is pretty bad.

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
i hate itunes as well, but it makes a rather handy backup. it's nice to get your phone contents back with restore.

Latest posts

Latest posts