What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

can anyone help me identify the problem

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i'm about 10/14 days from harvest, i see some funky leaves- not tooo concerned but would like to get some help for future grows- i'm growing in a 5x5ft tent with a mars fce8000 at about 70pct power- the tops are about 15inches from the light- for ferts i am using foxfarm nutes , 13 diff nutes for the growing cycles..

the plant in question is a 'runtz' ... many thanks for any help given
IMG_0636.jpg

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
thanks... i don't know the ph .. i'm growing in fox farms ocean forrest , with a bit of castings thrown in for good measure - i have always used ffof as my soil, only thing changed this grow is i'm using led's instead of cmh's-

it prob time to buy a ph tester for soil...

sdd420

Veteran
thanks... i don't know the ph .. i'm growing in fox farms ocean forrest , with a bit of castings thrown in for good measure - i have always used ffof as my soil, only thing changed this grow is i'm using led's instead of cmh's-

it prob time to buy a ph tester for soil...
It’s a known fact led lights cause a calmag deficiency

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
It’s a known fact led lights cause a calmag deficiency
one of the 13 bottles of foxfarm nutes, is calmag... i have 10plants growing, all diff varieties, n only one is showing funky leaves - yesterday i bought a 3in1 meter, for moisture ,light n ph .. the 1st 2 seem to work ok, but the ph needle doesn't move ... it's a piece of gar-bage....

driver77

one of the 13 bottles of foxfarm nutes, is calmag... i have 10plants growing, all diff varieties, n only one is showing funky leaves - yesterday i bought a 3in1 meter, for moisture ,light n ph .. the 1st 2 seem to work ok, but the ph needle doesn't move ... it's a piece of gar-bage....
I think I tried every 3in1 meter on amazon....all garbage for soil ph. Ever find one that works?

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
No, they all shit. The light part of them kinda works cause is a light sensitive resistor, but I would only use it comparatively, since for sure they aren't calibrated, probably just uses the cheapest one available. Even if its a calibrated one, it will most probably calibrated for sunlight.
The rest is all shit cause it's sensing the resistance in soil so while the humidity needle might go left and right, any diference in soil mineralisation will throw them off. Ph one is even more bs, basically a gimmick, cause u can't measure ph just by resistivity or voltage potential.
What I see in your pic is Ca deffs, maybe Mg too.. happens with leds. Some plants need more so not unusual to have just some scream for it. They will need more than regular recipe under leds for sure.

driver77

No, they all shit. The light part of them kinda works cause is a light sensitive resistor, but I would only use it comparatively, since for sure they aren't calibrated, probably just uses the cheapest one available. Even if its a calibrated one, it will most probably calibrated for sunlight.
The rest is all shit cause it's sensing the resistance in soil so while the humidity needle might go left and right, any diference in soil mineralisation will throw them off. Ph one is even more bs, basically a gimmick, cause u can't measure ph just by resistivity or voltage potential.
What I see in your pic is Ca deffs, maybe Mg too.. happens with leds. Some plants need more so not unusual to have just some scream for it. They will need more than regular recipe under leds for sure.
Not my plants in thread....but agreed, looks like calmag would fix it right up.
Any faith in the kits for testing soil ph with test strips??

jackspratt61

i'm about 10/14 days from harvest, i see some funky leaves- not tooo concerned but would like to get some help for future grows- i'm growing in a 5x5ft tent with a mars fce8000 at about 70pct power- the tops are about 15inches from the light- for ferts i am using foxfarm nutes , 13 diff nutes for the growing cycles..

the plant in question is a 'runtz' ... many thanks for any help given View attachment 18800373
Ca/p is out of balance big time. Check ph. Do not push k too early. Good odds you have excess aluminum, na.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Not my plants in thread....but agreed, looks like calmag would fix it right up.
Any faith in the kits for testing soil ph with test strips??
Yeah the deffs part of the post was for OP.
If your runoff is clear enaugh, those could work. But a ph test kit in liquid form (drops for measuring aquarium ph) would be better.

Eleutherios

A light foliar spray of 1% CaCl2 (Dry-Z-Air crystals are an OTC source) could help, if the pH is keeping the roots from absorbing it.