What's new

CAN A 1000w MV HELP???

G

Hey does anybody know if it would help to also add a 1000w mv lite to my G-room. I know where 4 of these lites are.A shame to see them go to waste. I have 6 400w mh 2 400 hps 4 250w mh 7 250w hps all dumpster finds free the best kind.

thanks Dan.D.

G

An MH light might do some good, but the MV's have the wrong spectrum and are MAJOR electricity wasters.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Remove the 1000MV bulb and replace with 1000MH bulb and away you go. Theres no difference in the ballast between those two bulb types. MV is known as mercury or multi vapor and its built the same way a MH bulb is. Just make sure the wattages match.

G

THANK YOU Verite

THANK YOU Verite

:woohoo: Thank you Verite Going to get them in the cold assed morning. I knew i read someware that the transformers where the same. Thats why the mv lites are just cheeper. Nothing. is realy free I need to buy a new 1000w mh bulb.As if I reely need more lites. :biglaugh: But realy thank you man.

THANKS
DanD.
the radiator man!

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Plus...MV lights are generally a bit cheaper than MH...so you could buy the cheaper MV, then get an MH bulb for it...

G

UPDATE

UPDATE

:pointlaug Damnit I knew it could not be that ezy. The transformers 5 in all
are 480v that sucks!!! at least the casings are all alluni::: about30 or 40 # of scrap At least I will make some moneys. Iam going to keep them maby some day I will have another shop with 4 phase.

dociron

Verite said:
Remove the 1000MV bulb and replace with 1000MH bulb and away you go. Theres no difference in the ballast between those two bulb types. MV is known as mercury or multi vapor and its built the same way a MH bulb is. Just make sure the wattages match.

:wave:

Verite, are you sure about this? :confused:

G

listen, don't even waste your time with MV, they're totally the wrong spectrum (all to green) and have the lowest efficiency per watt of HID lighting... that also means they put out a lot of heat! as everyone said, put a MH in there and your plants will thrive!!! good luck with the grow

buhdyman

although mercury vapor will burn the ever living shit out of ur plants if u set them far enough away they will work but when u harvest those go buy some real lights like thousand watt hps or 600w hps (ull have less cord tangle from the sounds of it) plus u can get that buddy of yours that wants to start growing but doesnt have a light a chance to to come up as well. take my word for it it will make u guys even tighter bros.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
dociron said:
:wave:

Verite, are you sure about this? :confused:

Im so sure I would bet someone elses life on it. [ kidding ]

I did the research and cant find any information to contradict what I stated. [ The only info I found supports my statement ] I have also tried an experimental grow under a 175watt MV and the plants turned very dark purpleish-green and clearly would not bud right so I didnt even bother to.

Most commercial ballasts should have their primary coils multi tapped for different voltages to be able to go from 480v down to 120v.