What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CAMBODIAN SATIVA

romanoweed

@flower~power
i think youre looking for an anwser from people who grow modern thai, to find out if its strong.. That makes no sense..
Old thai , viet, cambodian would give you hallucinations and even higher states.

I told you vietblack - snowhigh. thats a good representation of power.. Its NOT pure 70s viet . Its 70s Viet x assumably modern northern Viet.
Its still a strain i recommend, its very powerful acording me, ive seen visual altercations that were VISIBLE and ENGRAVED , visible to the naked eye.. Those effects were however slight deformations, they werent totally freefloating hallucinations, but they WERE Factual and not really transparent..
Its a nice feeling too.. Its very strong, too much and you go, oooh, oooh, peacefully, just breath in rythm..

But again, you are asking at people who grow mostly not 70s Landraces.. makes no sense if there are hallucinogen 70s Lines. just spend 7 years specifically hunting that type weed like me, and you will soon realize modern strains dont create these effects, the only exeption was DA WE DALAT, ive heard one person tell of hallucinations.. collected in 2004 thats an astounding exeption .. So, yeah, the strongest 70s Strains came from Thai, Cambodian, Vietnam, and Congo, and around Columbia, Mexican, roundabout from there.. Would you beam one of these plants from the 70s into your Livingroom, especially vietnamese, and congolese, you would have the strongest Substance on earth at home, voila.

(This is unless you are not one of those Guys , who have different Brainchemistry.. Thats always the point where people have an exit left to assume it wouldnt do anything special to them besides bit of enhancement, BUT it is to note that im NOT the only one who trips on weed. Simple as that.. ive found those reports after 7 years of tyredless hunt up and down the net, cant you just give a bit of interesse,im not making this up.. Thats why im not growing so much, im oinly grow what i found after years to be best, and also those are old achievements im somewhere else now.. So, you can doo this search for tripreports of REAL level yourselve, OR you can trust me.. I was so openminded, and tried to find the most halluciongenic reports, from wherever or whatever they come, and each of these contries named had the most psychedelic effects (slight doupt on middleamerica , since there they werent like fullon hallucinogenic reports, atleast i assume.. but i left it there, especially mexican was special.. But anyway, where the Hallucinations shure came from is from SE Asia.)

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey 👋 everything you say makes total sense…
I’ve smoked old Thai in the early 80s in the late 70s we called “Buddha Thai“ k.a. “Chocolate Thai” This was imported to the East Coast USA and it came in vacuum sealed kilogram bags when you opened it up it was overwhelming and there was a range of colors from light almost gold all the way through dark brown and occasionally you would find a big fat seed so according to sources the plants were slightly hermaphroditic it was incredibly resin thick & sticky marijuana extremely strong potency and got you high beyond belief but also had at the end a narcotic tinge to it possibly due to the potency

romanoweed

And i tell you, the people today, when i tell them that literally everything is gone, they react , well.. they often conclude it must be untrue..

It never comes over, .

what i assume /know:

literally since round about 1980 most landraces were already changed.. the reports changed since then. since then hallucinations are literally gone,

HOWEVER what i found out: well i smoked a unknown Landrace here in 2000 in Europe.
IT CAN be grown a first generation 70s Seed (original Seed from a Thai Plant in 70) here in Europe indoors, and it will be mindblowing, unless not grown right..

Thats what you need to get the closest too..
If you find someone that reproduced an old Line himselve, thats already a generation removed, and possibly a couple before him, thats not perfect but thats what you may find, and imho should be the closest approximation. Much closer than Thaiseeds coming from Thailand today after 50 years of prohibition, i think the people are NOT finding hallucinogenic weed inthere..

And i think you find that type of weed in old Lines, even reproduced a couple times. its more likely..

Thats my biggest tip to everyone searching for real thai. Stop looking for it in thailand. lol. as crazy as it sounds. But i takes ages to find sources for old seeds.. ages.. (i cant rule out that somebody finally will grow a old line in thailand now with the new achieved legality, but overall.. tss they still grow modern thai, i can certainly see that in the pics they post in their State grows... So i stick to it: serch for old collected seeds, if they arent collected in the 70s, its basically changed in an unknown degree, but it is. it may come close in the best cases, but close to hallucination wich is a fragile state, not easy to just reach, it may mean nomore hallucination? most probably.. ive never heard of it since the 70s basically.)
Yes, i dont mean it bad, thats MY OPPINION, in peace, and years after years serching for real reports.. and finding real lifechanging reports. im working my ass off so to speak, . Again, my Oppinion, i wish anybody luck with modern Thai wich i grandiously exluded out the good list.. but i just cant swatch this hunt for something i conclude as death.. its not to find, one single hallucination report for a Viet Line.. Ok, its there, but its fucking rare.. you need low generation 70s seed imho, its the closest.

Montuno

...como el Son...
Dutch Passion has a knockoff of Destroyer called Desfrán

That's like physically comparing Gypsy Nirvana to me.... It is true, as rumored, that we are siblings and share genetics...but I don't know why I suspect that something weird happened in the genetic sharing...
Arnold-Schwarzenegger-%26-Danny-DeVito-in-Twins-Premium-Photograph-and-Poster-1015667__62846.1...jpg

Montuno

...como el Son...
Nice plant. How was the effect and smell?
Je, je... Yo es que me cansé ya de preguntar esas cosas... Luego, leo aquí a much@s cultivadores quejándose de ambientes tipo Facebook o Instagram, donde no hay más que fotos de estudio...
Esto por supuesto, es un comentario genérico; no es sobre harvestreaper, por supuesto.

Que estás cultivando, mi primo?

romanoweed

like i said, as far as i can tell Landraces are minimally changed from original (cause 50 years of dormancy might have a tiny impact on genetics) alive!

you just dont find first Generation, or lowgeneration 70s thai for sale (besides the one link i told you to buy from, and its a pretty cool one, not the best thai ever). Thats all.

goingrey

That's like physically comparing Gypsy Nirvana to me.... It is true, as rumored, that we are siblings and share genetics...but I don't know why I suspect that something weird happened in the genetic sharing...
View attachment 18730433
So you grew Desfran and found it nothing like Destroyer?

That's a shame if so. Destroyer is extinct then, as Cannabiogen is just a fertilizer company now.

I never grew Desfran but all online reports I've seen have been very positive. Except the ones mad about DP's "piracy" of charlie garcia's work. But if it's totally different then that issue is not even valid.

Montuno

...como el Son...
So you grew Desfran and found it nothing like Destroyer?

That's a shame if so. Destroyer is extinct then, as Cannabiogen is just a fertilizer company now.

I never grew Desfran but all online reports I've seen have been very positive. Except the ones mad about DP's "piracy" of charlie garcia's work. But if it's totally different then that issue is not even valid.

Yes, I have been able to grow Desfrán thanks to Dutch Passion itself, which was kind enough to give me several packets of seeds, including Desfrán, to discuss them outdoors in the Cannabiscafé Hispanic forum, years ago.

In my experience, the best Desfrán are equal in taste to the best Destroyer (in taste), but they are only equal (or near equal) in sativa potency to the most commercial (and less sativa potency) Destroyer phenos (Desfrán is nothing more than the reproduction of a Destroyer clone, I suspect the most commercial pheno...).
The worst thing was, that out of 5 feminized seeds, one individual hardly developed any resin and tasted like industrial hemp... (this has not only happened to me with Desfrán Dutch Passion; I have unfortunately experienced it with Acapulco Gold from Barney's, Kalashnikova from Green House...).

The copy of Destroyer by D.P. was very criticized and originated bitter criticism, not because of the copy itself, but because in the early days of its release, DP said that Desfrán was a very powerful South American landrace that had been worked by them for 20 years before releasing it...
I guess after World of Seeds said that their variety called "Colombian Gold" came from seeds originally distributed to the Amerindians by Simon Bolivar, during the wars of independence of the northern part of Spanish South America... anything goes and anything is possible, je, je, je...

goingrey

YES YES YES !!! ;)
I had forgotten ! yes it was her. I also believe that another seed house (kulu seeds No?) also had red skunk!?
THANKS TO YOU!!!!!! yes, I had a very pink/purple mother in the lot. Why? I don't know.. coincidence of genetics!? chilly young lady who blushes in the cold? ! lol! I don't know but she was nice.
Kulu Seeds is (was?) some kind of continuation of Positronics. "Kulu Trading" bought the company and changed the name...

Nirvana also sold Skunk Red Hair for like 20 years if not longer.

Yes, I have been able to grow Desfrán thanks to Dutch Passion itself, which was kind enough to give me several packets of seeds, including Desfrán, to discuss them outdoors in the Cannabiscafé Hispanic forum, years ago.

In my experience, the best Desfrán are equal in taste to the best Destroyer (in taste), but they are only equal (or near equal) in sativa potency to the most commercial (and less sativa potency) Destroyer phenos (Desfrán is nothing more than the reproduction of a Destroyer clone, I suspect the most commercial pheno...).
The worst thing was, that out of 5 feminized seeds, one individual hardly developed any resin and tasted like industrial hemp... (this has not only happened to me with Desfrán Dutch Passion; I have unfortunately experienced it with Acapulco Gold from Barney's, Kalashnikova from Green House...).

The copy of Destroyer by D.P. was very criticized and originated bitter criticism, not because of the copy itself, but because in the early days of its release, DP said that Desfrán was a very powerful South American landrace that had been worked by them for 20 years before releasing it...
I guess after World of Seeds said that their variety called "Colombian Gold" came from seeds originally distributed to the Amerindians by Simon Bolivar, during the wars of independence of the northern part of Spanish South America... anything goes and anything is possible, je, je, je...
Destroyer should definitely not be lacking in resin! That kind of pheno popping up is no good. Polyhybrid S1's can somewhat be expected to be a pheno hunt though, caveat emptor.

Bizarre thing to claim a bogus lineage for such a well documented strain. The current description doesn't mention any 20 year landrace acclimatization, but they do give credit to someone called Alberto instead of Cannabiogen. I suppose that is the guy who selected the clone.