What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CAMBODIAN SATIVA

Hmong

Veteran
Cool... but I didn't say "Orange Smell" but rather the "Orange Peel" when "SQUEEZED".

Terpenes are everything, you gotta select for the right combination for finding a distinct high.
I do NOT recommend crossing any Afghan into strains that are grown in SE Asia.
certain terpenes only found in Afghan, will result in the offspring to be a lot more susceptible to Botrytis (bud rot). Especially in sub tropical conditions.
There are much better tools for enhancing the local Sativas, like any Nepal for example.

again, when breeding these Sativas
terpenes are of most importance, for high & success!
choose wisely ;)

Posters-2020-Terpenes-dutch-passion.jpg

TAÏNY

Terpenes are everything, you gotta select for the right combination for finding a distinct high.
I do NOT recommend crossing any Afghan into strains that are grown in SE Asia.
certain terpenes only found in Afghan, will result in the offspring to be a lot more susceptible to Botrytis (bud rot). Especially in sub tropical conditions.
There are much better tools for enhancing the local Sativas, like any Nepal for example.

again, when breeding these Sativas
terpenes are of most importance, for high & success!
choose wisely ;)

View attachment 18728162
@Hmong ¡Muchas gracias mi hombre!
I can tell you're passionate dude... I don't know a thang about breeding. But you know man, my preferred smoke is actually a "HYBRID"...

Hmong

Veteran
@TAÏNY thanks for the love mate!

specifically talking about Strains viable for your area!
crossing real Afghan into any strain you plan on growing in tropical conditions (high humidity) will make it very prone to molding.
You have to chose wisely, what strains you use for a Hybrid to be growing in this specific climate!
If you can do indoors, this all doesn't matter of course.

I will try to make a Hmong Hilltribe x Baglung Nepal cross, and send you some for testing if successful. It should reduce flowering time a bit, add better flower/leaf ratio and most of all, "mellow" the Thai high, with a nice comedown + body effect added, so you can actually sleep after smoking.

cheers

Hmong

Veteran
@romanoweed agree! You just gotta sit down and get the map out haha
breeding with close locations, as you say works very well, if you wanna preserve the high of the original and just make a more robust & faster flowering version.
For this specific purpose I think it will be the best to just cross Sativa x Sativa and leave the Indica out completely.

Also from a conservationist aspect, you just don't want to have all "Skunk" growing in those remote areas, we've had that already happen all over the world, so I just can't support this.

TAÏNY

@TAÏNY thanks for the love mate!

specifically talking about Strains viable for your area!
crossing real Afghan into any strain you plan on growing in tropical conditions (high humidity) will make it very prone to molding.
You have to chose wisely, what strains you use for a Hybrid to be growing in this specific climate!
If you can do indoors, this all doesn't matter of course.

I will try to make a Hmong Hilltribe x Baglung Nepal cross, and send you some for testing if successful. It should reduce flowering time a bit, add better flower/leaf ratio and most of all, "mellow" the Thai high, with a nice comedown + body effect added, so you can actually sleep after smoking.

cheers
Never bred any in my life... You make much sense Dude. Keep up the good thing.

Last edited:

romanoweed

I also saw that ACE Seeds - Chinese Hemp, has Autoflower trait..
Its very interesting for us northern Peoples.

However i dont like this particullar Line from Ace but interesting Chinese Autoflowers..

TAÏNY

@romanoweed agree! You just gotta sit down and get the map out haha
breeding with close locations, as you say works very well, if you wanna preserve the high of the original and just make a more robust & faster flowering version.
For this specific purpose I think it will be the best to just cross Sativa x Sativa and leave the Indica out completely.

Also from a conservationist aspect, you just don't want to have all "Skunk" growing in those remote areas, we've had that already happen all over the world, so I just can't support this.
@Hmong hey bro it's a word you can't pronounce around me "SKUNK" ;)
that's what I like most. Do you know of any existing SKUNK left dude?

TAÏNY

NICE STRAINS !!!!!!!!!!
I spent 1 year in Laos (do luong, (vinh) but it's not very young, 20 years ago! lol) the seeds brought back to Europe were very difficult to grow indoors :( I didn't have the possibility of planting outside. I did several tests and some had reached 16.5 weeks of flowering. I had crossed the Laotian genetics with a Red Skunk. I would have preferred to keep it as I had brought it back.. but no And the effect was far from the original... Some Laotian growers had explained that just by changing location (even 30km in the country) the genetics would be different. In my case it was MORE THAN TRUE! I had grown this for a while! Laotienne x Red Skunk then stop Landraces are MAGIC ;) but often far from their country it's not quite the same thing... LOL! You are lucky to have such Seeds. It's awesome! Superb strains! And it reminds me of when I was young!!!!!!!!
@Wall how's it going man? The red skunk you mentioned, what's the difference compared to the "SKUNK"? And I meant to the 80s skunk from California.

funkyhorse

I like it when I can find common language and experiences with people from all over the world
They just got the argentinian clon of Destroyer
And isn't the most powerful pheno of Destroyer, certainly it produce really big colas but not the most potent one
Destroyer cut from Thai side from @unnamedmike on my really ignorant opinión he got the best cuts of Destroyer can offer
View attachment 18727980
After coming back from living in Asia for over 30 years and being very dissapointed with the local weed, I started growing because if not, I could never smoke decency at this part of the world. Sativa has become a bad word, an insult
My first grow was a side by side Destroyer and Desfran both fem versions because Desfran is available only fem
The only thing copied I am afraid was the name. Destroyer gave a very long beautiful purple cola indoors and was much longer flowering than Desfran. I had 2 desfrans, one took 44 days and the other 66 days to finnish under 12/12.
Desfran is rope, huge dissapointment. I thought the fact of them being fems was attempting at quality at the time.
This shit won plenty of cups. Cups here are won by the organizers. Do you think is any different at lat50N?

It seems at this part of the world the norm is selling you or giving you their worst and I am seeing this in the canna world too. My best strain is the freebie of lat50, the garbage of lat50 here is gold

Wow..... people's evolutions on naming weeds, got more and more sophisticated now a day..... Like in THAILAND, I'd heard some "pretty cool" names too coming from Thai people selling weeds to tourists.
Among them names includes : "GOLDEN TIGER" ; "THAI STICK" ; "FOI TONG" ; "TANAOSRI KHAO" ; "TANAOSRI DANG" ; "KOH CHANG DET" ; "SQUIRREL'S TAIL" ; "TIGER'S TAIL"..... and even "DRAGON'S TAIL".......... well dudes and dudettes... that's quite a bit ha coming from them street dealers for THAI VARIETIES that consists of only three or four STRAINS! What a fucked up business idea to confuse tourists who brings them the money. And the funny part to me is that in a tourist area cities most of them dealers don't even smoke WEED. Just selling it to innocent tourists hybrids mostly under most wanted famous names so they can feed they habits smoking "YA BÁ". Thailand is the number one hybrids importer in Southeast Asia. So one has to know thai strains... And if you have the mistake to ask one particular strain that your friends told you on his last trip to Thailand... You'll be in for a lifetime surprise because for sure they will tell you that they have it or to make it more real pretend to call some bull connections...
Khun Tainy
Somebody asked me privately and now that you are commenting on this, I think what we are seeing here is farangs are making Bollywood out of Thai weed
What I am seeing with these so called collectives is that they are making a strain out of every single thai garden with a few plants and claiming they are better than thai stick
For example, the seed you found from your friend weed in the hands of these farang collectives it becomes immediately Sisaket Gold and 5 seeds sold for more than 1500 baht

The best weed available today is the south east asian weed. This doesnt mean it was the best in history at all. It just means that all over the planet the landraces of old had been sprayed/killed with paraquat and they are not available anymore. This is a fact. And since the hybridization of asian weed started not so long ago, seeds are still viable and not much time left to save the genetics.
I found 3 types in Asia, you mention a fourth. Batches were always different making it not so boring as it always happens in Landraceland
1)cambodian brick or flower had the same kind of high. The sumatran I tried in Indonesia had the same high as cambodian and you report the same as travellers I met in Thailand, Dalat viet weed has the same high as cambodian
2)Chiang Mai/Chiang Rai weed
3)VangVieng weed/lao weed. Probably all Isaan weed is same like this. This one was my asian favourite

Khun Tainy mentions a 4th being Phuket weed.
I have been to Ranong and Koh Phayam/Koh Chang many times and the weed grown and sold there to farang is from the best batches of cambodian brick. Same in Koh Phangan
How is Phuket weed like???

Northern Thai 2008 is the lat50N freebie. At lat 50N is absolute garbage. Girls grow male branches and pollinize everything in 24 hours. Few firm girls
I outcrossed the best firm girl to a few strains. This year I tried 2 of them and next year more experimenting with this strain, excellent landrace resistance with the thai strain crosses with unrelated sativas. Next year I will run the cross of this girl with Laos Mango for some asian x asian taste experience
N Thai 2008(Chiang Mai weed) x Colombian Gold 72 from JGL
N Thai x cg72 (7).jpeg
N Thai x cg72 (8).jpeg

N Thai 2008 x (Seedsman Hz x Ohz90)
Even with degraded haze genetics it is making what I think is called heterosis
No bugs on buds. I think I am chopping today. First time I am getting this type of buds without going intersex
N Thai x seedsman hz (2).jpeg
N Thai x seedsman hz (4).jpeg
N Thai x seedsman hz (3).jpeg

Purple Haze x Meao Thai, Meao Thai pheno
No mold, no bugs as all crosses with real thais. This is getting the chop this week for sure, excellent landrace resistance and this is what I need. This place is full of bugs, this is Bugland
Meao Thai.jpeg
Meao Thai (2).jpeg
Meao Thai (3).jpeg
Meao Thai (4).jpeg

Sprout your south east asian weed before it is too late!! The rest of the world is showing to you what happens with the weed and how everything gets lost

TAÏNY

I like it when I can find common language and experiences with people from all over the world

After coming back from living in Asia for over 30 years and being very dissapointed with the local weed, I started growing because if not, I could never smoke decency at this part of the world. Sativa has become a bad word, an insult
My first grow was a side by side Destroyer and Desfran both fem versions because Desfran is available only fem
The only thing copied I am afraid was the name. Destroyer gave a very long beautiful purple cola indoors and was much longer flowering than Desfran. I had 2 desfrans, one took 44 days and the other 66 days to finnish under 12/12.
Desfran is rope, huge dissapointment. I thought the fact of them being fems was attempting at quality at the time.
This shit won plenty of cups. Cups here are won by the organizers. Do you think is any different at lat50N?

It seems at this part of the world the norm is selling you or giving you their worst and I am seeing this in the canna world too. My best strain is the freebie of lat50, the garbage of lat50 here is gold

Khun Tainy
Somebody asked me privately and now that you are commenting on this, I think what we are seeing here is farangs are making Bollywood out of Thai weed
What I am seeing with these so called collectives is that they are making a strain out of every single thai garden with a few plants and claiming they are better than thai stick
For example, the seed you found from your friend weed in the hands of these farang collectives it becomes immediately Sisaket Gold and 5 seeds sold for more than 1500 baht

The best weed available today is the south east asian weed. This doesnt mean it was the best in history at all. It just means that all over the planet the landraces of old had been sprayed/killed with paraquat and they are not available anymore. This is a fact. And since the hybridization of asian weed started not so long ago, seeds are still viable and not much time left to save the genetics.
I found 3 types in Asia, you mention a fourth. Batches were always different making it not so boring as it always happens in Landraceland
1)cambodian brick or flower had the same kind of high. The sumatran I tried in Indonesia had the same high as cambodian and you report the same as travellers I met in Thailand, Dalat viet weed has the same high as cambodian
2)Chiang Mai/Chiang Rai weed
3)VangVieng weed/lao weed. Probably all Isaan weed is same like this. This one was my asian favourite

Khun Tainy mentions a 4th being Phuket weed.
I have been to Ranong and Koh Phayam/Koh Chang many times and the weed grown and sold there to farang is from the best batches of cambodian brick. Same in Koh Phangan
How is Phuket weed like???

Northern Thai 2008 is the lat50N freebie. At lat 50N is absolute garbage. Girls grow male branches and pollinize everything in 24 hours. Few firm girls
I outcrossed the best firm girl to a few strains. This year I tried 2 of them and next year more experimenting with this strain, excellent landrace resistance with the thai strain crosses with unrelated sativas. Next year I will run the cross of this girl with Laos Mango for some asian x asian taste experience
N Thai 2008(Chiang Mai weed) x Colombian Gold 72 from JGL
View attachment 18728233 View attachment 18728234
N Thai 2008 x (Seedsman Hz x Ohz90)
Even with degraded haze genetics it is making what I think is called heterosis
No bugs on buds. I think I am chopping today. First time I am getting this type of buds without going intersex
View attachment 18728235 View attachment 18728237 View attachment 18728236
Purple Haze x Meao Thai, Meao Thai pheno
No mold, no bugs as all crosses with real thais. This is getting the chop this week for sure, excellent landrace resistance and this is what I need. This place is full of bugs, this is Bugland
View attachment 18728238 View attachment 18728239 View attachment 18728240 View attachment 18728241
Sprout your south east asian weed before it is too late!! The rest of the world is showing to you what happens with the weed and how everything gets lost
Watdee khun funkyhorse, pen gnai baeng?
Phom ruseuk wah khun pen khun dee...
Khun phout kvam ching, mai meun touk khun lork!
IT'S AN HONORE KNOWING YOU DUDE.

TAÏNY

Watdee khun funkyhorse, pen gnai baeng?
Phom ruseuk wah khun pen khun dee...
Khun phout kvam ching, mai meun touk khun lork!
IT'S AN HONORE KNOWING YOU DUDE.
@funkyhorse

THE ONLY FOUR THAI TRUE STRAINS:

TANAOSRI KAAN DAENG
"TANAOSRI RED STEM"
[TANAOSRI, thai farmer said: it's the two strains(red stem & white stem) that someone brought back from Myanmar(Burma)once upon a time.
And told me to remind us all that it can be found all over THAILAND.]
_20220630_214319.JPG

TANAOSRI KAAN KHAO
"TANAOSRI WHITE STEM"
_20220630_214435.JPG

HANG SEUR SAKUNNAKHORN
"TIGER TAIL SAKUNNAKHORN"
[SAKON NAKHON PROVINCE.]
_20220630_214520.JPG

HANG KRARORK PHOOPHAAN
"SQUIRREL TAIL PHOOPHAAN"
[PHU PHAN DISTRICT(Sakon Nakhon Province).]
_20220630_214609.JPG

Last edited:

Hmong

Veteran
Do you know of any existing SKUNK left dude?
sure haha, just considering where I live
Central Europe = Holland genetics, so it's ALL Skunk here^^
I got the real stinky shit myself, but still not finished working on it, need to make an F3 first
Do you know "Shoreline"?

Yes Sir!

Success.jpg

Hmong 10/10
HmongHilltribeSoak2.jpg

Laos 10/11
LAOS_Soak.jpg

TAÏNY

Latest posts

Latest posts