What's new

Calphos rock phos

Bio boy

slownickle sells pcal1660 which is calphos
over here seems Hard to find ??
a seller has expensive small bags or I can buy a triple calphos which has double the npk ?
would this be acceptable ? Just half dose ? It’s meant to supply cal and phos to foilar fixes red stems from low p and cal helps it too seems means k is higher than p and needs a bit more in veg without adding to soil more p
1A503907-4ACC-4F57-B0F9-D41F03E33E98.jpeg

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
slownickle sells pcal1660 which is calphos
over here seems Hard to find ??
a seller has expensive small bags or I can buy a triple calphos which has double the npk ?
would this be acceptable ? Just half dose ? It’s meant to supply cal and phos to foilar fixes red stems from low p and cal helps it too seems means k is higher than p and needs a bit more in veg without adding to soil more p
View attachment 18810055

Slow's product is expensive because it is highly milled to run in automated irrigation systems, and because everyone charges weed growers extra, lol. I don't think it would be accurate to call it Calphos. you don't need irrigation grade Calcium Phosphate for building living soil beds. you might want to use it in your liquid feeds in that bed though. in the US Calphos will vary in Phosphate % depending on where it's mined and there are specialty brands with much higher levels of Phosphate.

Triple Super Phosphate is a great source of Phosphate that is going to be more available than soft rock phosphate, I use it but it isn't organic and it's not something that you just substitute for soft rock phosphate at half strength and call it a day. it is very good at raising the P in you soil but you need to have a target in ppms and a known quantity of soil to amend and an understanding of the bulk density of the soil you are trying to affect.

the best way to find reasonable priced soil amendments here is to go to a huge fertilizer company or shop feed store. organic feed supply is my best source for clean NPK , Calcium, and micronutrient sources as well as items like kelp. 50# bags of Gypsum, Aragonite and oyster shells run $13-15. feed stores call gypsum Calcium sulfate. Dicalcium Phosphate is used in animal feed and is an inexpensive additive at 20 cents a pound.

Bio boy

Thanks for the reply
yeah am trying to find a way to add phos without changing the soils npk balance , foilar is a good bypass and as slow And others explained the purple on my stems will be from them needing more phos in relation to k

so triple isn’t organic damn I wanna be organic so drawing board again
need a p push and ca is perfect with everything to load it lol

di cal phos can be organic then for animals and foilar sprayed as a boost , I have kelp and fish hydrolysate atm but I’m sure the fish hydrolysate p score comes from phosphoric acid which isn’t organic so I didn’t add that to my fish

howabout This it sounds like a more avalible form fermented it’s a cal phos like sows pcal1660 from rock phosphate right ?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts