What's new

California pot companies warn of impending industry collapse

mexweed

Veteran
Cookies brand 1/8 go for about $45 after tax in Colorado

I think it has to be grown in Colorado, but it's still a Cookies facility I doubt they are selling wholesale at a lesser price to dispensaries, so a $70 1/8 is definitely just a dispensary marking up/price gouging

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Because the legal California cannabis industry is in collapse so they claim due to high taxation

grayeyes

Citing Canadian statistics or Colorado makes no sense if discussing California. Cal growers are telling govt that the taxes make it easier for illegal growers to prosper--the exact opposite effect supposedly lawmakers intended.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Citing Canadian statistics or Colorado makes no sense if discussing California. Cal growers are telling govt that the taxes make it easier for illegal growers to prosper--the exact opposite effect supposedly lawmakers intended.

From the convo if you started at post 1, it seems that California as a whole has districts with very few support for cannabis as a whole. Amynonamous stated can they do that as a State. The answer is yes, and I have provided 2 examples. California may be the sunshine state, but the sun rises in the East. We all now it is all about taxes. Until they cut their BS taxes and PROVIDE decent weed. The BMs will continue to flourish. Please tell me that is not germane to the conversation that took place :tiphat: .l.