What's new

California Cannabis Hemp & Health Initiative 2008

Flasht2

I started reading through every little bit of it... until I got to the part about anyone currently incarserated being released, records expunged, etc.
For this reason alone, if not many others, I cannot believe this would stand a chance. Making a change in the law is one thing but to make it retroactive to release legally convicted people I think pushes it so far over the top that it will just die. I personally do not believe weed is a crime at all let's just keep that part straight please. But to get this passed?? Even with any other law I can think of, as long as you were convicted when whatever you did was a crime... that "crime" later becomes NOT a crime.. you were still legally convicted while it was and you will serve your time. AS FAR AS I KNOW. Granted I am no attorney by any means. I just cannot believe the retroactive part of this law would ever be accepted.
Take it one further.. what IF it did pass. How much reparations would be sought after by the people who would be set free? I would imagine millions upon millions. That's the nature of our country. I'm not saying I wouldn't want some sort of kick back for time spent instead of just being happy to be out, but still. I had to stop reading at that point.
Yes it sounds like a dream come true but I think it's absurd to expect it to pass in it's current written form.
I do think that the baby steps that are being taken are working. I truly believe the change is underway and most likely I will see MJ being legal in my lifetime.. I'm thinking it won't be THAT long but still... the slow and steady progress is change and it will only continue to catch on. States are also like people, they will want to keep up w/the Jones's.
:2cents: :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts