What's new

c22 or c17 cab lighting

G

ok now i will either pick up a c17 or a c22 cab this weekend. now i was wondering. i have a 1000wt light but i know that would be way way way overkill and pointless. so i was thinking. if i do a c17 cab i will put a 430wt hps hortilux in there and vent it with my crazy huge dayton 465 cfm blower. if i go a c22 in your opinions should i run a 600wt hps hortilux or a 430 wt hps hortilux. either way they will be aircooled with the dayton blower .. overall would the 600wt be worth it for a c22 cab????

swerve :sasmokin: :canabis: :joint:

thank you for your opinions and comments and suggestions

Swerve ventilation .is the key I have a double c22 with 800 watts passive intake 309 cfm inline fan temp stays at 80.4 deg I have 13 plant growing real sweet in there .Just watch your temps good luck.

G

i did a c22 with a 400watt , 1 265cfm blower for the light, and 180cfm blower for the filter.

the temp of your cab is gonna depend on the temp of the room surrounding it. but i could keep mine at about 69F through the summer and winter, the cab was in my unfinished basement.

i would imagine you'd be sitting pretty with a 600 in the c22 tho if the surrounding room is a decent temp, or where ever you are pulling in fresh air for the cab..

THC

G

im good at averting tempts i ran a 1000wt in a klozit that was 6'long2'wide and 8 feet tall i kept the temps at 70 on the mark at the hottest time of the day it was 75. i figure since this cab is 4'X2X6 i didnt think it would be good to run a 1000wt.

mabe i will run it and just work on temps.

swerve

G

Good call.. imo you could get away with a 1000 watter in a c22 if you worked it :D

THC

issack

Veteran
i have a cab 2' wide 4' tall and 8' long. i have a 1000w on a mover. the top of the cab is sealed off below the light with two paynes of 1/4 inch glass. that are the width and length of the cab...620cfm fan...no heat problems at all.....i run a a/c as well in the cab...

Einsteinguy

I think dual 400 is the way to go. Having two Bulbs in one hood allow you to turn on lights at dif times. I would run one light for first 4 hours then kick in both lights for 6 hours then one light for last two hours. I think this simulates the sun during day. Also saves power . Also during veg I use both HPS and a MH conv. bulbs. Also last thing I like to run only one light when out of town on weekends vacations ect.

Or the 600 is a good easy solution.

From the land with two suns
Einstein :wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts