What's new

C.A.P. relay box discoloration

so I just got a relay box off of a buddy and when I was hooking it up I noticed that one of the power sides of the relay had a little bit of discoloration like too much power was going through it or something. My question is for someone with experience or an electrician. Is it safe to use, and if not how do I fix it. I'll post a pic tomorrow but it isn't a very good one.

THanks

aero

well, Thanks for everyones input ;) but I tracked down an electrician and he said replace it so I guess if anyone else ever asks this question I'm going to tell them to get a prepaid phone and go down the list of electricians and call and ask "Do you smoke weed?" idk, but it isn't worth risking safety.

Tactician

I'm Canadian, am I an idiot, does that make you an American idiot. If I ever called someone an idiot, I will always do it to their face, not behind a keyboard.

R

RedRain

i have the solution, toss the CAP piece of shit out the window

CAP stuff has no certification what so ever!!! NOT SAFE AND NOT CERTIFIED, fire hazard waiting to happen.

It is not approved to be used anywhere!!! FUCK CAP!!

dxco- be ready to get a smack down from the mods, pushing your website here without advertising is against the rules..pay up and support IC mag if you are gonna post your site!!

just went back looking for that website, lol its gone, but thanks for the input RedRain, an electrician told me that the relay was crap and I was wondering how they got away w/running 15A outlets when the breaker was 30A.
And, oh yeah, he should've just paid to advertise. I like this site and money keeps it running

Rowdy420

Yeah I totally agree with RedRain on the electrical safety issues. They only copy existing pieces of equipment and use sub-par components. Electricians are very handy to reference when your dealing with these problems, find a "Kind" one; they are out there!

Good luck, peace

toss the CrAP. My electrician says he's found them melted before. I dunno about the 16 light one but it seems like a waste of money. Find an electrician, he doesn't even need to know your growing or goto ur crib to build you a nice relay box.

Latest posts

Latest posts