What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Buying seeds from VerdantGreen.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hi all, as you can see the forums are changed around a bit and i thought i'd make it clear where you can get packs of my seeds.
They are sold by Real Gorilla / Seed Boutique - here is a link

If you have a problem getting them from there then PM me...

VG :tiphat:
Thanks for making that clear because there was a question about where to find your seeds..

Verdant Whisperer

The Chemnesia looks Dank.

Attachments

• 1697596851790.png
    1697596851790.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 93

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks, yes C4DD crossed to the old Amnesia clone (although i think there is more than 1) Ammi dominated the Dutch coffee shop scene for a while, and is still a common commercial offering in the UK. Nine weeks and a decent 60/40 ish 'sativa' high. It crosses well with a little variation in the offspring (in a good way). It was generally thought to be a great Super Silver Haze pheno.
VG

OldSkewlGrower

Hi VerdantGreen, going to be running your Cherryjuana F2's at some point this year. I don't see this strain in your current offerings. Was it replaced by other strains or lost to time? Looking forward to hunting for the Hawaiian leaning phenos.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey @OldSkewlGrower , that was one of my first crosses ! ... it has been a bit neglected with subsequent discoveries and work but i want to go back and do some more work on that.. as well as do a repro on Mr.Greengenes Cherry Bomb. I still have seeds that Mr.G sent me ... just need the time and space.
Cheers
VG

OldSkewlGrower

Hey @OldSkewlGrower , that was one of my first crosses ! ... it has been a bit neglected with subsequent discoveries and work but i want to go back and do some more work on that.. as well as do a repro on Mr.Greengenes Cherry Bomb. I still have seeds that Mr.G sent me ... just need the time and space.
Cheers
VG
Yes, I see your catalogue has expanded quite a bit. Kudos! Seems like you've put in a lot of work since the Cherryjuana days. The Hawaiian genes gets me very excited. If you ever do a Cherry Bomb project consider me there, front row seat. Would love to buy some seeds if you were to release. Please keep me posted!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got some Cherry Bomb labeled F22 that ol Mystic Funk sent my ways years ago. I'm guessing it all originates back to Mr. GreenGenes.
Quite possibly! Reeferman made a Cherry Bomb by crossing Mr.G's with a Cherry AK male iirc.. but he certainly didn't take it to F22 !
Mr.G sent me two packs of his CB. one i used fro the last repro and the other i still have to use this time.
VG

420PyRoS

Quite possibly! Reeferman made a Cherry Bomb by crossing Mr.G's with a Cherry AK male iirc.. but he certainly didn't take it to F22 !
Mr.G sent me two packs of his CB. one i used fro the last repro and the other i still have to use this time.
VG
I'll see if I can dig it up out of the seed stash but I'm pretty sure they're labeled f22's.

Thanks for those pics, absolutely amazing! Good job on those! :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'll see if I can dig it up out of the seed stash but I'm pretty sure they're labeled f22's.

Thanks for those pics, absolutely amazing! Good job on those! :tiphat:
Cool, i imagine they were Mr.G's as i know he's inbred them for a long time.
This was the specific image i was looking for, one of my favorite pics, i've even grown to love the Fungus Gnat that photo bombed it !
Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 16.25.07.png

VG :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's like a sort of 'tart' taste like cherry pez. Not every plant has that funk though. Its a great balanced 'happy weed' kind of high though.

This was a post i've been looking for ... from 2004. doesn't seem to exist any more in original form but i quoted it into the Maui Wowie thread years ago, kind of confirms that CB is a legit Maui Wowie line.
"
as part of a "Fun Project" after grad school, I and some friends ran 55 samples from the Pan Pacific Area...
this was able to be done as the samples were collected via old classmates in post-doc programs at UH, USC and UC...
we produced tissue cultures, used commercial kits to extract DNA... extracted both Nuclear and mitachondrial DNA...project languished a bit in the lab...finally developed primers to target specific stranded DNA to be sequenced ..."primed" for replication with a short complementary strand at one end. This preparation was divided into four batches, and each treated with a different replication-halting nucleotide, together with the four "usual" nucleotides. Each replication reaction then proceeds until a reaction-terminating nucleotide is incorporated into the growing strand, whereupon replication stops. Thus, reaction produces new strands that terminate at positions corresponding to the G's in the strand being sequenced. (Note that when long strands are being sequenced the concentration of the reaction-terminating nucleotide must be carefully chosen, so that a "normal" C is usually paired with a G; otherwise, replication would typically stop with the first or second G.) We then used Gel electrophoresis -- one lane per reaction mixture and then separated the replication products, from which the sequence of the original single strand can be inferred.
Results:
of the 55 samples 23 were sucessfull...from the chromatagraphs
the following inferences were made:
2 samples from the Hawaiian sampling were mitachondrial duplicates... the 100% sativa from the island of Molokai called The Blood, and one of the 6 samples called Maui Wowie from the Island of Maui...what was interesting is that 2 samples from california... 1 called "maui wowie" from a source in Ontario and a second from Santa Cruz were also sisters and all related to a mother common as our two Hawaiian samples. The Santa Cruz sample was called "Cherry Bomb".
At some point in a review of the data by the co contributors...some two years after the original culturing took place the name "Mr.Greengenes"
came up as the source of the Santa Cruz sample.
Keep in mind that certain chain of custody issues as well as timing and the very " jovial' nature of the sampling would render it useless by peer review, none the less... I guess I stand by the work...
Why not contact RMBC and pose the question to them... I myself have aquired CB2, and if I have time and inclination( and quiet days with the Lycor) I may try the samples again...the primers are a real pain to develop however...
but I will keep my eyes open for that Sativa pheno...@ $35.00 US for 12 seed how can you go wron.
d"