What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Butter without decarbing weed first?

Brother Nature

I'd agree with explosiv. I'm a pretty active person so I prefer smoking and doing shit. Edibles fuck you up, I definitely couldn't go about a normal day after eating a cookie in the morning haha. If i wanted to sit at home all day playing video games or binging a tv series, edibles would be the way to go. From any strain I've had as edibles, there's always a massive body load, even if made with only sativa strains.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Edibles fuck you up,

The only time I have greened (except for a hash eating incident in 1972) was with an edible in Vegas a few years back. 4/10s of a 100 brownie. Of course, I smoked a Louis the Something joint while I was waiting for it to kick in. Luckily my housemates (business cohorts) didn't arrive until the next day. The shame was that I had a massive ribsteak ready to barbeque and I couldn't move off the couch.

Thanks for the decarb/no-decarb tips. I guess its time for me to try some again. :rasta:

RenaissanceBrah

I'd agree with explosiv. I'm a pretty active person so I prefer smoking and doing shit. Edibles fuck you up, I definitely couldn't go about a normal day after eating a cookie in the morning haha. If i wanted to sit at home all day playing video games or binging a tv series, edibles would be the way to go. From any strain I've had as edibles, there's always a massive body load, even if made with only sativa strains.
Hmm that's the thing - the best active/clear headed high I ever got was from a sour diesel brownie.

I later smoked some of the same batch, as flower, and didn't even like the high much.

BUT... I was only eating about 1/4 of the brownie at a time, small chunks.

And every time I ate that 1/4 of brownie it was the same effect, so wasn't a one off thing.

St. Phatty

Always go with smoking or vaping if you want fun and a clearer high. Edibles is more for medicating, IMO.

Depends a lot on age.

I had a chef neighbor give me 1/4 of his Butter Cook maybe 40 years ago.

1 1/2 pounds of Sinse shake with 10 pounds of butter, I got about 2 1/2 pounds of the butter.

it was SERIOUSLY psychedelic - and also an impressive stimulant.

I ate some and went to the gym. I was on the same Cybex for about a 1/2 hour, just did not get tired.

i've only ever experienced the same effect when I made the mistake of taking a 240 milligram Sudafed. And ended up swimming 6 miles instead of 1 mile.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I get a 'full body' buzz from my cookies. Very relaxed muscles. The buzz makes me talk more.

I eat cookies before bed, and if I wake during the night. I feel fine in the morning. Others get their asses knocked in the dirt from 1/2 of one, and stay high for daze.

I gave one away last weekend and have yet to hear back about the results. They hit different people so differently.

The last batch had 2 quart jars of buds in 2 pounds of butter.

Don’t forget the Lechithin when heating the pot butter to cook with.

Last edited:

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Edibles are similar to hashish, some would say muddy,
but a good method for a level, predictable session.

Many here hold a wide selection of bud cultivars to smoke/vape for immediate effect and sharpness.

Not to be confused with the edible experience.

mexweed

Veteran
the strongest edibles I have made caused an effect almost like sleep paralysis, where I was laying down and it felt/seemed like I couldn't move my lower body at all and my upper body had a heavy weighed down feeling, iirc I had simmered 3 or 4 grams of ethanol shatter into a brownie mix to a 8X8 dish and cut it into 9 pieces

goingrey

I put a small amount of flower, like what I would smoke in one go, into the food I'm cooking for a quick decarb. And then eat the food.

The effect is not that different from smoking the same bud.

Very different than a long decarb large amount (but of possibly leaf or ABV) into a fatty sugary confection that really lays you down. Which seems to be the quintessential edible experience. Well that or the high tolerance "I smoked 10 bongs and ate a cookie and then smoked 10 bongs more - and didn't even feel the cookie".

Sam-i-am

@RenaissanceBrah
Not sure what you meant by raw butter but if you dont mind some cannabis in your spread, why not decarb the herb, whip the butter in a kitchen aid and mix the herb in to the whipped butter? Then you can pre portion or roll into a log without having ever cooked the butter. Seems the only way to infuse without clarifying you butter. Might be super potent
EDIT:
You might be able to strain the cannabis out after you heat it up for a bit but I would just leave it in there...

Greenheart

Veteran
Doesn't anyone water cure the buds first to get all the shit out of them before mixing with butter?
This method gets my vote for butter. It makes really good butter you can spread on rolls at dinner time.

Make note when you water cure your volume will shrink more than with other methods if you dry it. I used 2 cups of wet shake trim and skipped the drying step. I did decarb with a crock pot. Not sure if that was a needed step but it was my first time so I went by the book.

Last edited:

BrassNwood

Veteran
Thanks Brother - those strains are great, definitely upper strains.

In your opinion, which way of ingesting gave you a funner, clearer high? Smoking or edibles? (Or what differences did you note between edibles and smoking, with those strains?)
@Brother Nature
Hmm that's the thing - the best active/clear headed high I ever got was from a sour diesel brownie.

I later smoked some of the same batch, as flower, and didn't even like the high much.

BUT... I was only eating about 1/4 of the brownie at a time, small chunks.

And every time I ate that 1/4 of brownie it was the same effect, so wasn't a one off thing.
Hiding in plain sight as a sticky is the greatest recipe for edible oil possible. Best of all it couldn't be easier.
Lecithin will flat out double the effects and just order a pint of Fearn Liquid online now. $4.00 and a lifetime supply.

Toaster Oven and a tiny palm size stainless steel cat food dish.

Decarb 240 F for 40 minutes
Grind to dust if Buds
5 grams of Hash or Powdered buds or...
1 tablespoon Coconut oil (fastest)
1/2 teaspoon Lecithin (Any kind)
Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
Done
Makes paste.
Made with concentrates or Hash it is as clean headed as it gets
Bud dust oil is a bit of brain fog and some clumsy
The RSO I make like this is a total body slam but your wide awake with your brain churning out endless garbage "Shut up brain"
All versions are Speedy as can be. Take it when you wake up to give it all day to wear down down and let you sleep.
Decarb, Make mud, add 20% Lecithin, Heat 220 F for 20 minutes

Dose right up to the edge of disaster every day as it never builds tolerance. Every morning is a new adventure in how hammered I can stand to be. Toking additional Herb can be hazardous dosed this high on Kats edible oil paste as it boots the edible so hard I'm now way past my comfort zone. I usually turn down the offered passed doobie and just send it on its way. It would be like poring gasoline on a bonfire.

This is as close to a tab of 1960s 3 letter hallucinogenic as you can get without the real thing.
Flat out Amazing stuff. You have no idea the fun that awaits you.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts