What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bugs mold funky smells where do I start?

Space Toker

Veteran
First, I hope everyone had/has a great holiday season. I on the other hand am a wreck! (don't be "fresh" ;) ) Don't know where this belonged, here seems as good a place as any but move it if that is called for..

Basically, I always think the world is collapsing around me, but finally it just might be! Black mold in the attic and a couple cellar walls that keeps coming back from 1/4 bleach water, unknown plant ailments, rotting wood and crumbling steps and a driveway that's beginning to look like a moonscape.... automated phone messages saying they can help those with electric bills over $150 and that the bill soon will increase 14%... those supposedly working under the electric company wanting to offer renewable energy or bill reduction options that most likely involves intrusion. An overseas credit card charge being denied (this never happened before).

Sorry should have started a new paragraph by now! ;) There are these little tiny moths and "fruit flies" constantly flying around in the living space. Something that looks like white perlite dust but maybe bugs downstairs... my bro obscessed with a girl that is literally crazy and feels he has no options left (and he's not caring about anything/anyone else) and almost goes off the road often while constantly texting her... geez just send the plagues and locusts already! :D

But I guess the biggest concern is a really bad rotten egg smell coming from the hot water. It keeps getting worse. You will remember "the bro" knicked the gas line, but he thinks it can't possibly be that, and for once I agree, since if there was a leak the gas levels would be going down faster than normal instead of at normal rates.

The tankless hot water heater has had 4 problem free years (bro put that in) and now some wierd smell? Before, the smell went away after the hot water was running for a while, but now it is not going away or taking a lot longer to disappate not sure which. yeah sorry for the profusion of spelling errors but can you help a brother out please?

Honestly we seem the most helpless and hopeless people with the worst luck, and the bro often jSays "cutie pie" and jokes that we are like those 2 knucklehead moonshiners on that show. He is the hotheaded one and I the egg headed paranoid one. I think he nailed that right on the head, but their luck at least briefly got better and hopefully ours will as well! sorry had to vent!

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
the phone calls about the electric are probably because local municipalities have been legally forced to allow for competition, aka resale of municipality services. It is not a targeted because they know you grow.

The internal environmental problems can be accelerated because of the increase of moisture in your home because your grow. Water went downhill here a while ago, as our aquifer is tainted.

Basically, having your managing environmental is like 99.9% of growing

Space Toker

Veteran
thanks dude that was really quite helpful and reassuring. Just now though, I forgot to get wood earlier so went out with a flashlight to do it, one that had been glued back together by the bro, and the head wobbled around and eventually came off as I tried to turn it on and started smoking like mad! Thought it was going to catch fire, I kid you not!

And we are all a little weird or nuts but this girl is diagnosed with serious issues, some we share like anxiety and depression and maybe who knows what else, but she still has a boyfriend (one that supposedly ignores her and plays video games constantly) and keeps waffling on whether she will leave him or not. This could become a bigger and bigger mess. thanks for at least temporary solace.

Space Toker

Veteran
Ugh I think we are all nuts to some extent, and although I did not do it intentionally unlike him, I used to be like this and payback is a bitch I guess as they say! I could not make this up, truth is stranger than fiction sometimes!

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
theres a filter on the water line to the on demand water heater ..give it a check....I got a badass Noritz system ...love it.....they make stuff just for killing and repelling mold its like 65 dollars a gallon..then you need heat and ventilation and lower your humidity. when I lived in that area I had to run dehuys......electricity is cheap there compared to California I know cause I lived in new England too ..last was in 2006...I would trade bills with ya any day...renewable energy can be worth it in some situations but ya intrusions there .....yeehaw..the guy that came here after me inquiring about solar ended up buying weed off me a few times....ha ha..if it weren't for the winter I would still live there..market prices are better ,electric is a lot cheaper,even gas is a bit cheaper...ect ect...but some days here in winter I can wear shorts and a tee shirt...last weeks been a bit cool for that but it will pass....now don't ya feel better....ooh ya and rent in my area for house averages 2400 with no basements last I checked prob went up a bit since....and I had an overseas credit charge denied too ,,I got my fishing lures anyhow ...lucky craft lures in America from japan I think about 24$$$ each,, imitation Chinese lure copy 5 lures delivered 25$$$....I don't get as mad when I loose a 5 $ lure... AND crazy chicks are always good in bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have posted this fact before....but your supposed to hide the weapons .not tell them anything ,and don't get attached.....

Space Toker

Veteran
crazy chicks, that was classic and exactly what bro thinks... he is MIA prob enjoying some of that.. holy shit though, great post never have you posted better to me so big thanks and I will get back to it when I can!

Space Toker

Veteran
Jeezus Ckist again that post was sp good i don't know where to dtart so thanks and I will address it properly when I can, but yeah it seems the crazy girl thinks it's not cheating if it a quick kiss and not making out so who knows!? I wish my bro well but really he is now rivaling any kind of crazy bs I put forth in the past! ;) Agree she is thinking of herself and should be avoided for a bit as to seem not too needy but keeps messaging constantly and driving me nuts! ( I had some dream that I was talking all too British without being so and thought/dreamt someone here called me that in which case I thank you... that went all well past me already). Well but this post had some purpose even if it already escapes me, well don't want to bring up long gone lost souls hut have felt like one lately!

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
you should fuck her too...yeehaw... get you sum...crazy chicks,, everyone should try atleast one...ha ha ..off ocean kayaking....62f today with offshore breeze perfect for kayaking..take it easy space t...as long as she doesn't have bugs ,mold or a funky smell

St. Phatty

But I guess the biggest concern is a really bad rotten egg smell coming from the hot water. It keeps getting worse. You will remember "the bro" knicked the gas line, but he thinks it can't possibly be that, and for once I agree, since if there was a leak the gas levels would be going down faster than normal instead of at normal rates.

One year when I turned on the ventilation, it smelled terrible.

I think it was mold but real bad. Like something died in there.