What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Budman678 amended soil fun

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
Great pics and thread budman678
What kind of smart pots are those? did ya make em? They look real sturdy
Keep it green bro
Im sub'd
Peace

They are aurora pots. I believe the same company that makes Roots soil. They are super sturdy, better quality than smart pots. I generically refer to all fabric pots as smarties. Geo Pots are super sturdy as well.

Looking proper there.

That's compliment coming from you dude. I still dream of that huckleberry and purple diesel. I'm not sure I told you this at the time but at those shows, the purple deez was my first smoke in almost three months. Long break for a job. Grin ear to ear and it wasn't just the phish.

very nice thread budman!

Thanks homie. I share a lot and I assure you, my jars stay full. :dance013:

I admire your work as well

Merry Xmas!

lolryn

Veteran
You grow some awesome plants man. Especially that ECSD :D

I recently switched to fabric pots, and I was wondering how I'd be able to train my plants now. The velcro strips is a brilliant idea. I was thinking far more advanced methods, but there's no need to when a few dollar item will do the job, and probably more safe. so thank you for that :p

Great thread though, keep up the great work!

DJXX

Veteran
i wasnt good at homework as much as i was convincing others to let me see theirs and i'd do my best to copy or mimic it. I was cruising OverGrow back in the day and i spend more time than i'd like to admit on icmag. I have a SMALL personal grow that keeps my jars full.

i must say, i have had a lot of guidance from some excellent members. :moon:

when you are fucking with such low plant count its easy to really stay on top of them. bending, pulling and VELCRO...that is the secret. I LOVE the smart pots and the tomato velcro strips you can buy. It allows me to grab branches and PULL them down. really open things up and keep the canopy full and even. its full adjustable. just rip the strip from the pot and re position.

View Image

View Image

velcro strips make the world go round...i havent REALLY done the math but i bet using these strips have increased yields by over 10%

also, there aint nothing wrong with using some insulation foam sheets. keeps the plants off the cold concrete and allows me to adjust the plant height ever so slightly...all about even light distribution

:party:
I'll be getting me some of those strips...they should befine with the4 smart pots..DJXX

budman678

Veteran
You grow some awesome plants man. Especially that ECSD :D

I recently switched to fabric pots, and I was wondering how I'd be able to train my plants now. The velcro strips is a brilliant idea. I was thinking far more advanced methods, but there's no need to when a few dollar item will do the job, and probably more safe. so thank you for that :p

Great thread though, keep up the great work!

I'll be getting me some of those strips...they should befine with the4 smart pots..DJXX

H ha, I assure you, they work perfectly with smart pots. Remember the c99 grapefruity member that totally disappeared? He showed me the Velcro straps. Once you get a hang of them, and you use fabric pots, you wonder why you haven't been using them. When working with a small space, you can REALLY open up a plant especially after a water when they are a touch more pliable. When done rolling them off, stack em and reuse them.

PS me and the fam are sitting in the airport and on the way to Miami for some r and r and a couple phish shows. My folks are already down there so we have a built in babysitter!

PARTY TIME

DJXX

Veteran
sup budman....you inspired me and i am making a training area for my girls....everything has been so tight, I decided to make another space for veggggn...what brand are those velcro ties things...DJXX

brotherindica

Kronically Ill
Veteran
I gotta say, Budman, shit looks tight around here! Well done, sir, well done. :tiphat:

Thought I'd answer your scrog question here.

With that NM diesel, I'd put the screen on and flip a few inches before she hits the screen. If she stretches for 5-6 weeks, I guess you'll probably be able to train for 3-4 weeks depending on her flexibility. Stem size/flexibility is a relative factor too....something like a pure sativa you can train for weeks but pure indica you're pretty limited.

For roughly 2x stretch, I usually flip when tops are right under the screen (ie: GG#4). For something that stretches little more, 2-3x, I usually flip a couple inches under the screen (ie: ECSD, lot of OG's). I don't run too many sat's, but had an pheno of SSSDH that would stretch about 4x. I usually tried to flip her 3-4" under the screen.

Looking forward to seeing the show!

budman678

Veteran
I gotta say, Budman, shit looks tight around here! Well done, sir, well done. :tiphat:

Thought I'd answer your scrog question here.

With that NM diesel, I'd put the screen on and flip a few inches before she hits the screen. If she stretches for 5-6 weeks, I guess you'll probably be able to train for 3-4 weeks depending on her flexibility. Stem size/flexibility is a relative factor too....something like a pure sativa you can train for weeks but pure indica you're pretty limited.

For roughly 2x stretch, I usually flip when tops are right under the screen (ie: GG#4). For something that stretches little more, 2-3x, I usually flip a couple inches under the screen (ie: ECSD, lot of OG's). I don't run too many sat's, but had an pheno of SSSDH that would stretch about 4x. I usually tried to flip her 3-4" under the screen.

Looking forward to seeing the show!

Thanks brother. Very very much appreciated. If my ND tent looks half as good as any of yours, I will be tickled. The nightmare is about 10 days into stretch so I will be slapping the screen in ASAP and begin bobbin and weaving.

I'm not sure how it will turn out but it's going to be documented, the good the bad the ugly.

Hopefully mega super dank :peacock:

brotherindica

Kronically Ill
Veteran
I'm not sure how it will turn out but it's going to be documented, the good the bad the ugly.

Hopefully mega super dank :peacock:

Anytime, man. I'm always down to try and help out. Let me know if you have any questions as things progress.

I have a feeling it'll go very well for ya!

budman678

Veteran
I am back with a new update:

My computer is on the fritz so I am going to do my best to get this one out. I am not sure when I will update again. The temps have no been ideal in the basement but I am doing my best. Saturday the high was 65f and the night after that it got down to 5f windchill..So, as you can imagine the unfinished basement can be unforgiving...

With that being said, I have some exciting shit going on.

Big tent, which is a growlab 80long (2.7x4'11) with (2) 400 hps in adjust a wings. I have (4-6) KKSC and (2) GG4 in 7gallons:

V16Ntri.jpg

sleeping...first night out...KKSC on the left. Glues on the right
zVG0ToT.jpg

upskirt
4eALCJB.jpg

Last edited:

budman678

Veteran
sleeping KKSC
qStHBGl.jpg

close up of KKSC
NZw356X.jpg

close up of glues
VJBF0mQ.jpg

top shot of KKSC
09ogHux.jpg

budman678

Veteran
Nightmare Diesel clone

B7gcCIa.jpg

Sour Diesel Kush

XRdfeMZ.jpg

sVaQqAz.jpg

ECSD x Alien OG

jswleQm.jpg

I need to fire up the macro with ring light...oh wait, i dont have either ;-)

budman678

Veteran
KKSC

kRtKGU9.jpg

I decided to go without the screen. There are so many tops on this Nightmare Diesel it hasnt stretched but maybe 6-8 inches and she is at 4 weeks now.

5FVfFwI.jpg

5LCMuXP.jpg

1alJWJu.jpg

Cleaned her up pretty good. She still has around 40 tops.

lpaTNVH.jpg

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn, such a nice update. That nightmare diesel is crazy. Is that under a 600?

Latest posts

Latest posts