What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bublawi ( Bubba Kush x Malawi) FEM.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Wonderful outcome sativaman514 :dance013: Truly explosive flowers, look really potent, resinous and hard. This is a very promising cross, your feedback is much appreciated and sorry for not replying before :shucks: I'm having trouble to follow all the threads in this room since the update (lack of time too). Guess it's a good moment to ask your opinion of your outcome after a few months of curing. Please let us know, i'm sure others are also curious.

sativaman514

^^^^ Thanks Dubi! And sorry for late response, I must have missed this notification.

You are absolutely right, both pheno yielded rock hard nugs with a lot of resin! Both parents are awesome genetics that really complete each other. Very stable sexually.

The Malawi dominant one is by far the strongest, and compare to regular Malawi it did not loose any of it's intense effects. Very fast onset, strong hit, deep and meditating high, trippy and heavy, very relaxing. As a heavy user, smoking a few grams a day, I can rarely finish anything over a small .5 joint. The Bubba dominant plant is less intense, making her almost a day smoke compare to the Malawi. Effects are relaxing, peaceful, calming, meditating... I think there is not a lot of Malawi influence in her. It is more a casual smoke, that I really enjoy.
I came back to this thread because I have an other Bublawi in flower, and just a week away from harvest!

This plant have even more Bubba Kush dominance: Smaller. stockier plant, with rounder and harder top flowers. Plant was topped once to grow more mains. Despite the golf size top flowers, she grew 4 juicy thick solid 8 inches colas.The smell is rotten, woody and earthy. Sadly, I was not able to bring some colours like in the previous run, because of natural temperatures. Also I think she had too much N. Soil was amended with too muck Kelp meal....

I have one more seed left! I hope I'll get a pheno that is more of a blend between the Bubba and Malawi.

IMG_2842.JPG IMG_2848.JPG IMG_2847.JPG IMG_2840.JPG IMG_2835.JPG IMG_2834.JPG

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
No worries :) thanks a lot for sharing your final insights on each pheno, sounds on spot on what one should expect with dominant expressions leaning each different parental plant. This third new one is very cute :tongue: heheheh super squat, with 0 stretching in flowering. She is indeed very Bubba Kush dominant in structure, stretching, ... with slightly miore sativa infuence and better flower structure and flower/leaf ratio than straight Bubba mother, although so far maybe less resinous, let's see how she finishes!

sativaman514

Final results with this Bublawi. The plant have an award winning structure. Very stable sexualy. She's a mass of beer can size colas. This would make an *insane* cross with Thai Chiang Mai!! (Just sayin, Dubi =) ....

She really surprised me showing some pink colours on fan leaves in her last week before chop. Plant showed a lot of vigour and finished strong, with enough resin to be happy. What really define her would be the hardiness of her flowers. Rock Hard. And her rotten smell is just lovely and inviting.

Plant was really a no care grow. She didn't need any extra nutes beside the dry amendments soil had before transplant. She only received tap water and Love.

I can't wait for a quick sample =) Thank you Dubi, and everyone at ACE seeds for this little wonder!

IMG_2853.JPG IMG_2862.JPG IMG_2854.JPG IMG_2855.JPG IMG_2868.JPG IMG_2872.JPG IMG_2869.JPG IMG_2870.JPG

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on the harvest of your third Bubba Kush x Malawi plant sativaman514 :D
She is indeed a dream come true for those growers with very low ceiling, i hope she pleases you like the 2 previous ones, enjoy!

skoviik

Hi skoviik thanks for your interest. Bubba Kush x Malawi is a fast finisher although maybe a bit on the limit for your latitude, you will be successfull if weather is good like this year season, finishing earlier than Bangi Haze and Panama.
oh, if it finishes earlier than banghi haze and panama then I'll definately give it a go.
I prefer strains that finish in october rather than september since in my experience octobers are dryer and sunnier even though we can get some days with freezing mornings.

paisajedehierba

I have bubba kush x malawi eyed in for next year. Since I live in a place that is borderline suitable for later and longer flowering strains (45.9 lat, Slovenia) I was wondering how does bubba kush x malawi grow compared to strains like banghi haze, panama and bangi congo x panama regarding finishing time and wet condition deseases (botrytis etc.)... resistance?
I already have a pack of these beans. Such a F1-Hybrid should be very vigorous in general. The plan is to grow one outdoors (at 49N) and to prune the plant two or three times to stimulate branching. This way the volume of such dense colas and the mold risk hopefully can be decreased a litte bit. Would be interesting to compare different attempts to cultivate BK x MA in more northern latitudes.

sativaman514

Sativaman514, how would you classify Bubba Kush x Malawi regarding odor on scale from 1 (odor free) to 10 (extremely stinky) indoor growing?
Between 3 and 5, depending on the expresion of your plants. Surprisingly, the Malawi dominant was the stimkiest, witch was not an issue to manage. Bubba Kush used for breeding was the the Katsu cut, who has a floral smell. I did not really found floral in Bublawi, but the Bubba dominants have both the coffee and chocolate smell of the original Bubba kush, but without pungeant skunkiness.

-OSAKA CASIO-

Early Smoke Report- Bublawi

Early Smoke Report- Bublawi

Wake and bake early smoke report. Today as I rise and give Thanks and Praises for the New Day I decided to sample a likkle Bublawi Ischense in my chalice. Less than half a gram of fresh herb delicately cut it up and felt it sticky like Malawi but even more now with Bubba. Smells so dank! Such an Irie herb smell. Sweet freshness with greasy spicy woody undertones. Am already liking how she looks and feels..
As I sip from the Chalice I notice the Bubba Kush instantly a lovely kushyness that I associate with BubbaKush nice to have that as it makes the inhale draw sweeter before being bombasted by a tonne load of peppery resin and hashy tones from this resin rich beauty. Wow! What a lick!
This is a STRONG herb!! :groupwave:
For those less experienced this can for sure be disorienting and heart racing Malawi Full On effects only much more intense thanks to BubbaKush whose presence makes this sit HEACY pon your heavens and on your body. The head high is intense from the word go... So buckle your seat belts as your light up your chalice or blaze a big head spliff.
This racey feel spins your head upwards and into your minds eye pretty quickly... So a daytime herb for most people, as it may keep you from sleeping in small doses.
The Bubba is helping steady it and there is a behind the eyes stoned feel.. Head is feeling quite numb and everything seems cool and calm. This then moves down into the body and a calming narcotic like effect all over. Holding a cool vibes... Niceness in I meditations and I am blessed by a Sunny day outdoors that beacons me come and explore. So this herb is still motivational and workable upon. Although Eyes do feel red and stoned... Heheh!
Herb is continuing to creep from initial sips and climbs like a good sativa just steadied and intensified by the BubbaKush.
Yes, Ace Seeds have done it again and produced a Macka Herb in this Bublawi. Ticks My boxes and gives me a taste of Africa and Afghanistan from the comfort of my own yard and Chalice Pipe.
Highly recommend ones to give this a grow!
Blessed Love to Each and All.
Happy Growing:biggrin:

P. S. LONG LASTING HIGH, 4 hours in and I have had serious carpet mouth and an inability nor desire to talk with confidence as effects are strong. Very spacy up high and really heavy in the eyes. Had good munchies attack too and have just had some home grown scotch bonnet pepper to level the vibes. Very very Irie Herb! Igzahbier Ymasgan.

picture.php
hyvältä kuullostaa

sativaman514

A little more about these 2 growing seeds: 1 is an original from ACE, the other was found in the Malawi dominant plant previously harvested. I don't know witch one...

I did not pay attention to it, but we can see it from previous pic, plant on the right is having a mutation, growing multiple leaves (future sub branches) from the top without any topping. Let's keep a close eye on her for a possible fascination.

IMG_3078.JPG

sativaman514

A little update on the mutation... something happened. I don't know what. Previous new growth and plant structure got affected. Plant seems to be back on track. Recent signs of fascination where one leaves growing with 2 middle fingers, her mirroor leaf got difformed as well and previous node realined itself in a 3 leaves growing stem patern..
IMG_3080.JPG

Last edited:

sativaman514

I Love Bublawi. Reasons for posting are to share more about this strain that is still in need to be discovered. So far, out of 5 seeds, one was very Malawi dominant, 2 were Bubba leaning, and one did not make it. RIP.
This grow was with 2 seeds: one was a mistery S1, other is the last Bublawi from ACE. The S1 kept showing mutations and was grown until bananas showed up earlier this week. RIP.
Last one standing is straight up Old Malawi killer, smell wise and structure wise, with columnar colas, moderate stretch, and little *not bud* biomass.

IMG_3162.JPG IMG_3163.JPG IMG_3164.JPG

meanwhile outside in Canada
IMG_3160.JPG

Last edited:

entropical

Veteran
Between 3 and 5, depending on the expresion of your plants. Surprisingly, the Malawi dominant was the stimkiest, witch was not an issue to manage. Bubba Kush used for breeding was the the Katsu cut, who has a floral smell. I did not really found floral in Bublawi, but the Bubba dominants have both the coffee and chocolate smell of the original Bubba kush, but without pungeant skunkiness.
There is a pleasant, sweet floral type in there. Seem to be alot variation in this sense that a larger selection should cover. Nice work @dubi