What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubbler?

Burn1

420giveaway
I've been doing this shit for a long time, but an aquarium pump and an airstone in a Tupperware dish always produces acceptable results. Just my experience.
Burn1

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Thanks for sharing Burn1, because I'm interested. What kind of water do you bubble? How long do you bubble before using? Do you bubble before or after adding nutrients? What is the ph of bubbled water vs un-bubbled water? How is the pH affected by an air stone? Is your nutrient water under constant air exposure for an extended time? I aerate my water for a minute right before I give my plants the feed water. I like hearing from long-time growers like you friend. I hope you don't mind the questions. 😎

Last edited:

Burn1

420giveaway
Thanks for sharing Burn1, because I'm interested. What kind of water do you bubble? How long do you bubble before using? Do you bubble before or after adding nutrients? What is the ph of bubbled water vs un-bubbled water? How is the pH affected by an air stone? Is your nutrient water under constant air exposure for an extended time? I aerate my water for a minute right before I give my plants the feed water. I like hearing from long-time growers like you friend. I hope you don't mind the questions. 😎
I just use distilled water. Splashing lightly on the cutting usually works. Temperatures seem to be more important than anything else. Too warm and I got damping off. You want the airstone to just barely splash water into the cutting. A little practice and you should see success.
Burn1

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
An airstone will typically raise pH if you are below 8.4 and lower pH if you are higher than 8.4. I was wondering about the amount of time you bubble after adding distilled water. 😎

X15

An airstone will typically raise pH if you are below 8.4 and lower pH if you are higher than 8.4. I was wondering about the amount of time you bubble after adding distilled water. 😎
So do you think about carbonic acid escaping or being pulled into the solution causin that ph swing or what. bc I’ve found environment has a little to say about where that ph ends up. I’ve been messing around with durations to see How it affects its. I just bubble my feed water, usually comes around the tap at 8.2 and drops down to mid 7 after an hour or two. I’ve been using carbon filters too filter tap first and that seems to take .4 off.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
The environment has everything to do with pH, most especially with the exposure to carbon dioxide from the air. Water pH is the environment. Water is influenced by whatever it comes in contact with. One has to be careful not to allow the pH to rise above 7 because of the accumulated alkalinity will block other nutrients. It's best to match the same water pH of the mother with the new clones for the fastest rooting. Also matching the same growing medium with the mother plant potting mix will give the clones the best start.

When water has been treated by the big city water treatment systems the original pH can not be regained without special distillation. 😎