What's new

Bubblegum, Who's got the "Real Deal"?

Dr.Feelgood

Well, I guess the "real deal" would be found in someone's basement or backyard in Indiana/Kentucky. Not sure who has the best seed line.

G

steel savage said:
If you use tha search engines provided by this site , you will find a wealth of info . Tha nug on tha bottom is BogBubble coconut pheno ! Nug above is LS Thanks

i think that this thread is valid..if that means anything.

I my self would like to read about the origins even of bubble gum..AND i might make a thread about it. call me a noob but id rater get straight answers than sift through 17 pages of indirect dialouge 90 percent of it not relating to my question.

G

OKOK ill not make another thread but post it here;

What are the base genetics of bubble gum?

looks to me like some NL and something bigger.. with the bushiness i might also be inclined to sugest some big bud.

anyone care to enlighten me?

okay the story goes ..Adam (THseeds) was given 3 different phenos

he then slpit them up ..with Simon (Serious seeds) & Tony (Sagamartha)

it is said that the grower developed Bubblegum in the 80's.. Afghani / Columbian / Mexican / Unknown /...& then was brought to Holland in the 90's ...& the Holland breeding tag was then added ...this is all great

this is the story that i was told by some friends who live in the Ashbury community ..

there is a forest area in North California , i forget right now what it's called have never been , i was suppose to go ...but anyways ..its still happening ..

its not the Emerald Triangle .. but people go there just to plant weed ..everyone has there own spot , this was going on all threw the hippie era also...

some-one didnt return to his grow & no-one else noticed the males ...pollen got released pollenating everything ..almost every kind of variety that was growing ...so you can also understand why so much stabailizing had to be done !

this guy or she was named X man or Mystery X ....and that is said how Bubblegum & many other's got developed

after that how seed or clone got to Indiana & then New Engalnd that's another story ...maybe these guys are old hippies & were there !??

i was given seed from the late hippie era ..the original accidental pollenation

Positronics was the first grow shop & research company & there is no way i can believe that Wernard didn't get his hands on these genetics

Mau (Nirvana) worked at Positronics ...so probably Mau also has the original

THseeds & Serious call it Bubblegum , Nirvana & White Label call it Bubblelicious ...this is said to be because Adam registered the Bubblegum , Bubblegum , so the name couldn't be used by another breeder

anyways by looking at my seeds Bubblegum alone ...is very unstable of course and like i said before ...& like Dr Feelgood : pointed out ...the dutch result is nothing compared to the original

and if we want the real thing we would have to go find that Indiana grower ..or any other hippie that may have seeds from Woodstock & other festivals at the time since that is where the most trading of genetics happened

i was at the 91 & 94 Woodstock reunion & can surely say that alot of people were claiming of having the original Bubblegum , Blueberry ect ect from the old days

peace

Last edited:
G

man i love the high of Bubblegum/Bubblelicious.. outta control laughter, somewhat euphoric, no couchlock, but it CAN put you out.. great quality high that lasts a while.

i've tried Bubblelicious, Serious' and THSeed's versions..

G

Fernando, which of the three do you consider the best overall? I'm looking at buying th eTH version because of the reports of stability aswell as the fact theat the high and yield are also said to be superior. Any comments?

G

hideyoshi said:
Fernando, which of the three do you consider the best overall? I'm looking at buying th eTH version because of the reports of stability aswell as the fact theat the high and yield are also said to be superior. Any comments?

I'd actually stay far far away from the THSeeds version. :) To be perfectly honest. :) WAY too many variances between each plant/pheno. You CAN find a "winner", but it's gonna take you a pack or two or three. Taste sucked, had decent bag appeal, but reeked like a mother.

Serious' plants were super-uniform, but lacked in smell and they really need a decent cure [1+mo.]. Good taste, however. Not so easy to grow, but very stable could handle abuse. Medium-sized plant, but like above.. some people can grow these to be tall, trained to have badass branches and can yield like a motha! High was great.

Nirvana's version was gifted to me as a clone and I didn't care to veg it long or take any other clones, so my experience with this one was very short. One-run only type deal... flowered at 12 inches, stretched twice as much and stayed put at under 4 ft. Looked Sativa-dom, but finished at around 60 and had an awesome smell and taste. Super good bag appeal and a *decent* high. Not for the hardcore Cali Indica smokers that prefer a more couchlock herb. Lasted long, too, though.

I really wanna run BOG's gear sometime in the future now. Hope I could clear some things up for you. Keep in mind, these are based off personal experiences and you may encounter different results.

G

They all sound good to me and I'm very glad to hear more of the whole story fluoro funkster! Thanks again for your awesome contribution to this thread! I'm happy to hear Sagarmatha has had a BG pheno of the same strain as THSeeds and Serious. I do like Sagarmatha strains!

I also loved Nirvana's bubblelicious. In fact here's a few more shots of em :) I never did keep a clone...but I have more seeds :) as well as 6 other Nirvana strain to grow out! But now I'm going off topic. The Nirvana Bubblelicious (bubblegum) was more spicey to me than sweet, yet still sweet and smelled lightly of Bazooka joe gum. The buzz was not a knockout buzz, but AWESOME daytime smoke and great mellow high. Long lasting and great smooth smoke but still a little spicey flavor when burned.

Last edited:

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
A little FYI

A little FYI

Serious Seeds holds the trademark for Bubblegum and allow Adam of THSeeds to use it also because they are friends...

G

Trademarked? Really...I though the name was simply copyrighted.

Trademarked? Really...I though the name was simply copyrighted.

You mean to say breeders are actually trademarking strains? I though the name bubblegum was simply copyrighted.

Here I am worrying about pharmaceutical companies trademarking/pattenting strains for futur medical development to find out breeders are already doing it. Shame on them...

Latest posts

Latest posts