What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubba D S1

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
HI all, this project is the centre ground of the 'Zhuzh' varieties. I made S1s / fems of an F1 hybrid between the Chem D clone and the Pre-98 bubba clone. This should give an F2 like spread of plants with variations all the way in between the 2 F1 Parents - i.e. plants showing varying traits and combinations of Chem D and Bubba Kush !

I only had space to run 3 plants and one of them competed poorly in a very packed cab... but the other 2 were are an interesting taster of the plants we might expect. This variety should be great for pheno hunting!
Here is Bubba D S1 #1 at 10 weeks, smells of putty/musky/skunk with bubba notes
BubDs1- 1at9weeks.jpg
bubDS1-1@9top.jpg
BubDS1-1macro.jpg

BDS1-1nug.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I did try once and got reversal but no pollen. That said, there are some 'streaky' and recessive genes in the D which can combine and be amplified in some offspring.
I would recommend the Contra D - which is 4 bx';s to the D and the undesirable genes seem to have segregated into some plants, leaving the other half/three quarters of the plants very healthy and vigorous to pick your keepers from ...or eliminate the streaky genes for the next inbreedin generation (which is what i will do when i go back to the Contra D)
VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is there a possibility of producing straight Chem D S1's?
i once reversed the Chem D clone but got zero pollen in the sacs.. i may try again at some point... i think there are some 'stunted' genes in the D though and maybe an outcross will help with that more than selfing - but that is just my speculation.
VG