What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubba and Diesel GIFTS

I Care

I get to play the seed lottery. BK and SourD. Was once familiar with both strains and my memory is pretty good. Grower told me where they got them, but I forgot what they said. Edit: they did not know where they were from, someone here may know. Going to be waiting to see what kinda structure they’ve got, they might be part of my
Outdoor adventures.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:

I Care

They’re reaching a bit, but looks like some good growth on 24h.
Too late to give them a break? Missed manual lights off, feeling sort of stuck with 24h.. works with clones. Going to be the last guy left in the world running 24h..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 21

I Care

Growing nicely now. Diesel seems really vigorous. Bubba seems like it may have had a hard start and maybe got a little more stress while they were under LED. Everybody is happy under two Sylvania 6500K 35w Flourescent Tubes for now.
image.jpg

The Diesel (top) seems like it’s just happy as can be. The Bubba (bottom) is showing the stress from the days under the LED that I have no experience with.

Last edited:

I Care

Bubba Grew a ton of roots at a small size, no pics sorry, wasn’t even showing the usual symptom. *it was showing slowed leaf growth and stretching* 6L pot 1pt growers mix, 1 part aeration blend, 1 part premier, 1part perlite. Lined that on top of 1 plastic cup (Solo type) of premier peat and 1 plastic cup and Time to do the Diesel too after seeing the roots. No pics of the roots this time, I was workin.

Totals out to 18 - 16oz plastic cups total mix to fill a 6L pot where it should be after the watering in.

Attachments

• IMG_1315.jpeg
    IMG_1315.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1316.jpeg
    IMG_1316.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 12

I Care

Diesel, factually the healthiest of any kinda plant I ever transplanted.
IMG_1323.jpeg

Got it before the roots hit all four corners. Now I can see what teh soil does.

I’s 2024 PAGP Mix

Attachments

• IMG_1325.jpeg
    IMG_1325.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1319.jpeg
    IMG_1319.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1317.jpeg
    IMG_1317.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:

I Care

Today I notice the Diesel (right) still looks vigorous in terms of leaf structure. Like it’s going to have that extra extra vigor for cloning. Uppotting before it was calling out for it seems to have done well for her.
IMG_1329.jpeg

Last edited:

Dequilo

Plant Abuser
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420club
very nice :) thanks for the look at your work

they look good and I cannot wait to see the buds you will

grow on them

be safe and grow well

Dequilo

I Care

Thanks, I really owe it to the grower for sowing successful seeds and for theit simple soil recommendation. Able to base my effort on that and add some coco to the mix with the new Aeration blend.

With these two I put the soil straight in the bucket for mixing, because I already had my volumes figured out form the first GKMxDOC. First I put in the coco aeration mix then the peat then perlite then growers mix. This way I mixed the growers mix with the peat and perlite together well before reaching to the bottom of the bucket to blend in the coco potting mix.

So I have the seed sowers recommendation plus some coco and extra nitro and phospho.

I Care

Little update. I was knocking some dirt off of the leaves that accumulated during the container upgrade. Got a little whiff and decided to investigate. Well they smell right, Bubba smells like Bubba, Diesel smells like Diesel!

Last edited:

moose eater

Never did Sour D, but had a Strawberry Sour D that was exceptional quality smoke. She was put on death row after a time for her lack of robust production, but lasted as long as she did due to her other qualities.

Good luck.

I Care

The difference between letting the Bubba hitting the corners of the germination pot and then the Diesel getting moved before might have some influence. Maybe that along with the ancestry.

I love growing indoors.

Some little buggers sneakin around in here!!
I guess I’ll need to get really heavy with insecticidal soap on everything.
How do you figure these things get up on a table? In the soil?

IMG_1466.jpeg

IMG_1468.jpeg

I’m going to worry about identification after they’re gone cause they’re obviously doing some damage. Unless someone has the answer before I go on with research.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Way to grow @I Care ! That seedling looks really healthy. Just a shoplight? I need more soil and pots I have like 30 seeds I need to start, got them from Ringo doggy...white widow and Trainwreck. I passed my apartment inspection the other day.

I Care

Sweet!! Ya, they’re Sylvania 6500k bulbs. If I was closer to ya I would bring ya some cups of soil. I like this ‘24 PAGP for transplanting youngins. I don’t know for sure how good it is with seeds yet or if it needs to be cut back some more for that.

Super cool that ringo doggy hooked you up with a couple legends!

exoticrobotic

The difference between letting the Bubba hitting the corners of the germination pot and then the Diesel getting moved before might have some influence. Maybe that along with the ancestry.

I love growing indoors.

View attachment 18993074
View attachment 18993095
I’m going to worry about identification after they’re gone cause they’re obviously doing some damage. Unless someone has the answer before I go on with research.

looks like the borg

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Sweet!! Ya, they’re Sylvania 6500k bulbs. If I was closer to ya I would bring ya some cups of soil. I like this ‘24 PAGP for transplanting youngins. I don’t know for sure how good it is with seeds yet or if it needs to be cut back some more for that.

Super cool that ringo doggy hooked you up with a couple legends!
Yeah that was cool for him to give me some seeds man! I also have two of something called London Jelly it's from a dispensary 8th. I also just got some mammoth sunflower seeds and some green peppers and some jalapeno peppers seeds

moose eater

I love growing indoors.

View attachment 18993074
View attachment 18993095
My first guess is thrips, based on the 'tracks', and if you're using commercial amendments in your mixes, there's a good chance they're imported.

I Care

Yeah that was cool for him to give me some seeds man! I also have two of something called London Jelly it's from a dispensary 8th. I also just got some mammoth sunflower seeds and some green peppers and some jalapeno peppers seeds

You going to build a tropical oasis? That London jelly must be pretty good. I got more of that Pineapple Kush again. I’m nursing it man cause I have some other stuff to blow down. Gotta puff somethin then get started on that guy that was becoming a snack. Then some gentler stuff for the ones that they haven’t found.
looks like the borg
What’s a borg, anything Potassium salts, perethrins and sulfur, peretherins and neem, or cottonseed/clove/garlic oils can remedy? image.jpg image.jpg
There in focus for different contents
My first guess is thrips, based on the 'tracks', and if you're using commercial amendments in your mixes, there's a good chance they're imported.
I hope not! I’ll have to do everything I can to keep them from leaving this little immigration camp I got going. Looks like spider mite, they retreated to the bottom of the leaf, before is dispatched them down the drain.

I tried placing a small spider on the leaf, they didn’t act quickly enough so I released them back in the house so they won’t suffer death by insecticide.