What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubba 18 - Pre98 Bubba Kush x X18. Info and grow-along.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks guys that is great news, my apple/cider smelling one smoked really nice and had good potency. Looking forward to more feedback on this !

RobFromTX

VG, one of my bubba 18's are acting wayward. Weird leaf formations and multiple branching. Would this be a good plant to keep or discard? Just curious. Ive definitely never seen a plant do this before

Attachments

• IMG_20230104_130212977.jpg
    IMG_20230104_130212977.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 100

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey rob i'd probably say the same. certainly looks a bit odd with leaf deformations but it sometimes corrects itself. Make sure it's not in cold or stagnant spot in the room.
VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
oh she may well be a dud... but she might not be. Some people would chuck it and forget about it.. it's personal choice. interested to see more Bubba 18 grows and the plants they produce!

Reactions: zif

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Rob, underwatering would show as a 'whole plant' response. hard to see from that pic under the light... perhaps post a pic of the whole plant under natural light so i can see the colour etc... sometimes too much LED light can make leaves curl under.
For watering i find it useful to get used ti the weight of the pot when wet and dry (called 'shucking' ) - then it is easy to judge how wet the soil is.
VG

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Nice plant that, fat leaves. Usually when leaves curl down like that its due to overwatering and the roots are drowning leading to root rot if not careful. The plant looks nice and healthy so it might just be the phenotype.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking good and yeah the leaves are wide !
it might be worth feeling the weight of the pot compared with some others and if its a lot heavier, the soil will be wetter - and you can leave it out of the watering until its dried out a bit. i sometimes find different phenos have vastly different water consumption....
VG

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
Hey VG
didnt get to try it, it was a quick outside seed run on the ascending sunlight... did make a few seeds and did get an apple smell, so am looking forward to giving her a better run inside

cheers

Latest posts

Latest posts